POST GAME THREAD: Sound off!!! Gophers beat Syracuse!

B1G should consider moving away from Bowl games which are played on shitty and dangerous grass surfaces. Bad for players' health, bad for fan interest because games are called so differently those those on good turf. No problem with a NYC area game--great for the players--but move it to a stadium built for late season football. NYC area has plenty.

Look, I never bought in to the "T Morgan is an NFL QB".

That said, he gave his all to the Gophers. The way he came in today and threw 2 rd's to help us win and end his career was awesome.

God bless him and what he accomplished. What a cool end to his time with us as a player.

Nice to see Mo get his records. Nice to see Tanner toss a couple TD’s. Nice to get some positivity in the special teams game. Nice to win the turnover game. Jackson was huge today! The young guys on D were flying around and made the difference today! Nice to get the win! I hope everyone heals up and let’s go into
2023 at full speed! Go Gophers!

Had a good feeling about this game from the start and it stayed that way throughout. Great to see Tanner toss a couple TDs and take the victory formation, felt poetic. That pick six was clutch.

I know it's not the biggest bowl, but always feels good to close the season with a trophy. Also, how about Minnesota Vs. New York teams. Gophers and Vikings went 4-0 Vs. the Giants, Jets, Bills and Orange. Pretty fun stat. Blasting the song Empire State of Mind to celebrate (song was everywhere when I was in college haha).
:drink:

If the same two teams played on an artificial turf field, it's a completely different game.

considering the field conditions, and the loss of Athan, I'll take the win and call it a day.

and now, the Minnesota State Slogan:

"It could have been worse!"

Like the results of that 12 man defense. Almost pulled that off. PJ’s teams don’t try the cheating route much.

Gophers seemed to have a problem tackling, they would lay a shoulder but not wrap up. Maybe that was the field condition.

I watched the Gophs all season...did Coleman Bryson play much before today? I do not recall seeing him before.

I know the defense gave up a lot of yards but I still think they were the key to the win.
The only thing I didn't like was the several sequences of having Lindenberg cover the slot WR. Those seemingly endless easy quick outs for 8 yards were maddening. Maybe it was genius though, as it was the same route as the pick 6.

Damn thankful I was disciplined enough to just play the Gophers on the M/L in this one. It wasn't a great payout (-450, yikes!) but there was no way I could trust them to cover 10.5 points. Too much opportunity for the backdoor and that's exactly what happened.

GO GOPHERS!!!!

I watched the Gophs all season...did Coleman Bryson play much before today? I do not recall seeing him before.
Nope. He will be rsFR.

Played few games early

I know the defense gave up a lot of yards but I still think they were the key to the win.
It felt like they had to be on the field for about 25 minutes in the second half. They looked absolutely gassed in the 4th quarter, due in part to the Stone Age play-calling. Much credit goes to them for blunting thrusts, forcing field goal tries and making Syracuse chew up clock for their last 13 points. Pass rushers get extra credit for getting pressure on their elusive quarterback in terrible footing.

The freshman safeties give me great great hope. Athan looked really good while he played; the offense changed after he left. Wish Evans and a another younger player or two had played a bit. But another 9-win season and bowl win will do no matter the details.

What I loved:
1.) Great send off for Mo and Morgan
2.) Athan looked really good when he was in.
3.) Underclassmen got plenty of playing time at key positions.
4.) WR group looked solid for the most part.

What I didn't like:
1.) Field
2.) Fleck's lack of a killer instinct with lead - really struggled with play calling when they were up. I really hope he deep dives into his close game play calling.
3.) Lack of running game without Mo - it was good, but not even close to the same.

Syracuse fans are salty and delusional about this game. They’re even calling out Ibrahim for being a selfish player for pulling out of the game after breaking the records. Pretty hilarious meltdown.

Gophers had a comfortable 2-score lead through most of the game. The only time I was a bit worried was right before the pick six.

Final yardage stats are misleading in this one with the Gophers playing ultra conservatively on defense to avoid quick scores and super vanilla on offense to avoid a turnover.

Top Bottom