Post-Game Reaction Thread

Will beat them next year. Gordon will be gone there whole scheme relies on the threat of him. All these years I always thought it was the wisco line but we won the line of scrimmage and while we held Gordon under his average he broke so many tackles behind the line or at the line. I'd say 80% of his yards were on a great second or third effort. We bring most of our team back and will be at home

-Ugh, why does Wisconsin have to be better than us in almost every sport?

This is not true of the vast majority of sports. Just the two that most of us care most about, and just in the last 15-20 years (which may seem like forever for those of your in your 20s and 30s, but just part of the ebb and flow of a college sports program over the long haul). For most of my fan-hood growing up, we owned Wisconsin in basketball and while neither of us was great at football, Minnesota usually won.

Thanks for the link to that article. Best line from it imo: "Can someone book this clown for Cirque de Soleil where he belongs?".

Not a truer sentence ever written about college football refs. Dave Witvoet is, and has long been, a hack official. Sounds like I/we are on the only ones who feel this way about him.

He only reports what the other 6-7 officials call.

Will beat them next year. Gordon will be gone there whole scheme relies on the threat of him. All these years I always thought it was the wisco line but we won the line of scrimmage and while we held Gordon under his average he broke so many tackles behind the line or at the line. I'd say 80% of his yards were on a great second or third effort. We bring most of our team back and will be at home

Clement is a good back and a load to tackle. While no Gordon, their run attack will likely be very potent again

This is not true of the vast majority of sports. Just the two that most of us care most about, and just in the last 15-20 years (which may seem like forever for those of your in your 20s and 30s, but just part of the ebb and flow of a college sports program over the long haul). For most of my fan-hood growing up, we owned Wisconsin in basketball and while neither of us was great at football, Minnesota usually won.

This has been too bad to just be part of the ebb and flow. I don't know how many Power 5 teams are on a current double digit losing streak to their biggest rival. I bet its a short list.

He only reports what the other 6-7 officials call.

Agreed. But would argue the head official often sets a "tone" for his crew both prior and during on how they should call the game. Know it is not supposed to be that way, but I do believe it happens.

Agreed. But would argue the head official often sets a "tone" for his crew both prior and during on how they should call the game. Know it is not supposed to be that way, but I do believe it happens.

It doesn't.

Clement is a good back and a load to tackle. While no Gordon, their run attack will likely be very potent again

Clement is no slouch, but he's also no Gordon. Gordon is the best Big Ten back I can remember in my lifetime. Gifted with speed, vision, cutting ability, patience, and endurance.

When UW lifted Gordon in the 4th Q against Nebraska after he broke the record, their running game took a huge dive in performance. Perhaps they also switched out all of their offensive line starters at the same time, but where Gordon was bouncing out of closed gaps to find new holes, Clement didn't do anything against Nebraska if the hole wasn't created for him. And therein lies the main difference (among many), IMO, Gordon can create when nothing appears available.

And how many Russell Wilsons do you think there are? An upperclassman (graduate) backup who is really good, can learn a system in one year, and hasn't been identified by bigger higher profile schools. You make it sound so easy, "just go get one of these guys".

There must be like a hotline we can call, or something.

The coaches suck. The players suck. The fans suck. The media sucks. Gopherhole sucks. The Twin Cities suck. Minnesota sucks. Kill sucks. Leidner sucks. Limgrover sucks. Claeys sucks. Our offense sucks. Our defense sucks. Our O line sucks. Our receivers suck. Cobb sucks. Our D line sucks. Our linebackers suck. Our DBs suck. Our special teams suck. Our facilities suck. You all suck. I suck. We all suck. We should shut down the football program, the school, the state. We ought to root for Wisconsin, Ohio State, TCU and Illinois because they are good.

Wait times are horrible, or so I've heard barn burner

Top Bottom