Post-Game Reaction Thread

GameDay

Reaction score
-Allowing Wisconsin to go on a 23-0 run just isn't acceptable, under ANY circumstances
-Cobb and Botticelli worked their butts off today. Kudos to them.
-Getting THIS close to playing a Barrett-less Ohio State team for the B1G Championship hurts. It hurts alot!
-Honestly, I've seen elementary school kids throw a nicer ball than Leidner. He absolutely cannot be starting next season.
-Our defense is very overrated.
-Love KJ Maye and Maxx Williams. Wish we had a QB to get them the ball.
-Terrible game management
-Ugh, why does Wisconsin have to be better than us in almost every sport?
-Can't wait for the Bowl game! Hopefully we get an exciting matchup.
-Overall, this has been an awesome season for the Gophers. They've taken another step forward.

The only thing I have to say is hopefully we don't find ourselves in the Taxslayer bowl. I have a feeling we do.

We are close, just not quite there yet.

I feel completely empty inside. I knew victory was something of a longshot, but my hopes were raised by a bright start. We certainly had a terrific season and it's not over yet. There is a bowl game to come and hopefully we don't get screwed out of a good game by politics. However, this is just the worst feeling. I had to turn off the game before the final seconds ticked off. I just can't watch them parade that axe around.

Stave took heat throughout the year but made some nice throws today. Leidner's running was effective but you still have to make some throws to win at a high level

One trend I did notice in Leidner's throws. They were almost all high or overshot.

Gordon’s longest run of the day was 24. We definitely kept him in check. Nearly 40 yards under his average.

How many times are you going to say this?

Until we get there. Man for man, Wisconsin is just a little better right now. We r close defensively, but we still have a LONG way to go offensively. We were 14 point dogs for a reason and to be sitting there 27-24 in the 4th with the Big10 title game on the line in the final game of the season shows how far we have come.

We r very close.....and really need to improve at the QB position in the off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better team won.

We were out-schemed too. When the read option didn't get going, our genius in the booth rolled over and died.

Some people will say they are happy with the team because they proved that they are probably good enough to beat a team like Wisconsin. I am unhappy with this game because I know we are good enough to beat Wisconsin and we lost.

How many times are you going to say this?

You may not like it but it's true. Program not yet at the point where it can go on the road and win a division championship.

Team took a big step forward this year and now needs to continue that progress by winning a bowl game for the first time in 10 years.

One trend I did notice in Leidner's throws. They were almost all high or overshot.

Actually didn't see much of the game, but that's his biggest problem. I think his stride gets messed up.

It was right there in our hands. If we have a decent, not great, but decent QB we win this game going away. We are equal AND better than Wisconsin at every position but Qb. you can't win if you can't throw. I'm praying for a Juco transfer. I can't go through another season watching Mitch flail around back there. he's got a ton of courage but he's not a D1 level QB

Better team won.

We were out-schemed too. When the read option didn't get going, our genius in the booth rolled over and died.

I agree with this statement. There were no adjustments made on offense. The question that needs to be asked is why? Was it because we simply have a poor game caller in the booth or was it because we still have an offense that simply isn't good enough at QB to do much else? Probably the latter. I still like Leidner, but he has to really step up as a QB if we want to go further. This spring it will be time to fish or cut bait.

You may not like it but it's true. Program not yet at the point where it can go on the road and win a division championship.

Team took a big step forward this year and now needs to continue that progress by winning a bowl game for the first time in 10 years.

Don't really care. Was just curious how many times he was going to say it.

Amazing we can play so close with zero threat of a passing game. 95 yards won't get it done

Some people will say they are happy with the team because they proved that they are probably good enough to beat a team like Wisconsin. I am unhappy with this game because I know we are good enough to beat Wisconsin and we lost.

I'm in this category.

Need a consistent passing game in order to rise to the next level. We are very close to playing in a Rose Bowl. When that happens...I plan on spending a week in Pasadena!

Wouldn't a Braxton Miller love a transfer here? Your team, your show, just a QB away...

I am really sick after this loss. We had a real chance to beat Ohio State without J.T.

Still a fun ride and a great 5 win season. Need to get to 6 next year.

Stave had no pressure - their O line is better than our D line. No blitzes because if you vacate the wrong spot then Gordon gets 7. Mitch had pressure all day - Our O line is not good enough to give Mitch the time he needs.

Top Bottom