Please Don't Boo Tomorrow

Oh Betty

Betty boooooooooooooop

BettyBoopCardinals.png

Officer material!

This is a topic that seems to come up frequently around this program. Listen, I get it. Definitely something to think twice about with a big recruiting weekend coming up. (probably not a great idea) Another part of me thinks this is a conversation for losers. I wonder if the helmet schools talk about when to boo/not boo. Next time when we are down 21-10 to the University of freaking South Dakota at half time I will remember to give a polite golf clap rather than boo my a$$ off. My vote is generally to each their own. If they are paying hard earned money and see a big steaming pile layed on the field, they have the right to boo.

I've skipped a lot of posts, so pardon me if this has been said before. I don't boo as a matter of course. I'm not going to ridicule a kid who's trying his hardest if it's not good enough. I'm all about support these kids and this program.

Last week, in the second half, I was booing heartily. Seeing a kid on a defense that's getting it ass kicked up and down the field by the Weak Sisters of the Poor thump his chest and do a little dance after a routine tackle like he's just stuffed Terrelle Pryor on 4th and goal merits a boo in my book.
Bad play is one thing. Embarrassing yourself and the team by not recognizing or acknowledging your bad play is something else entirely.

Maybe the players ran off the field last week without staying for the Rouser or Hail Minn because boos hurt their fragile feelings. Brewster showed he can handle the boos and displeasure. They can all handle boos when they play lousey. This is not youth sports or pee wee football where its a love fest and all positive.

If you have it in your DNA not to boo then that is your decision, you are of a greater moral make-up than me.

However, if I see a sh!t product running around on the field tomorrow for the 4th (!!!!!) game in a row at home, you are going to have to kick me in the nuts to stop booing.

I hate to sound like I'm 60+ years old but we have fuc&ing 18 years old going to war, if we as a society deem it acceptable for these "kids" to go risk their lives than it is more than acceptable to boo these "kids" who make us watch this sh!t each week. Now, I'm booing the coaches, but they really go hand in hand. When these "kids" decide to take a $100k free ride and a chance to showcase their skills to possibly make it to the "next level" at these schools, well then they are accepting the possibility they may get boo'd, just like at any other sporting event where teams play like sh!t and don't live up to some reasonable set of standards (such as not looking like a high school team out there). Do we have such low standards for our football team that we will allow that sh!t to go on out there?? Maybe we are watching different things.

Deal with it, and if we do suck again tomorrow please boo, don't worry about recruits as the class will look totally different anyways once the new coach steps in. F it.

I'm 60+ and I don't sound like that.

Maybe the players ran off the field last week without staying for the Rouser or Hail Minn because boos hurt their fragile feelings. Brewster showed he can handle the boos and displeasure. They can all handle boos when they play lousey. This is not youth sports or pee wee football where its a love fest and all positive.

You obviously didn't read through the thread or you would have seen that no one is saying "don't boo" because it will hurt their feelings. The fact is booing does nothing so why do it.

I wanna talk about this thread. Because this thread was brought to me by a mother, with children. Three fourths of this discussion is inaccurate. It's fiction. This discussion has to have been written by people who don't have children. And has never had a CHILD who's had their HEART BROKEN and COME HOME upset.

Where are we at in society today? Go after BREWSTER! He's a MAN! He's FORTY!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aoMmbUmKN0E?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aoMmbUmKN0E?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

So people would rather sit quietly & let the players think the level of play is acceptable? That dancing around in the huddle & smiling while being down 28-10 to an FCS School is acceptable?

Ok...

The recruiting class is actually looking really good for this year. Much improved from last year and more on par with Brewster's previous classes. We already have 15 committements and could get a few more this weekend. If you want Brewster and Maturi fired please email president Bruininks.

Thats great, since he's done so much with his first few classes....:rolleyes:

Y'all got your wish. They just commented about how the crowd's not booing the Gophers giving up with 7 minutes left, they're just leaving. Only 40,000 will come back next week. But this is better, right?

Y'all got your wish. They just commented about how the crowd's not booing the Gophers giving up with 7 minutes left, they're just leaving. Only 40,000 will come back next week. But this is better, right?

I was actually surprised how many folks came out all things considered. Kudos to them for giving it a shot at least. :eek:

It was fair sign

I was actually surprised how many folks came out all things considered. Kudos to them for giving it a shot at least. :eek:

That they stayed as long as they did, I think says a lot. Both about the game, and the fans.

What's your point? So being able to boo would have made more than 40,000 come back next week? They made the comment like leaving made more of a statement than booing. That's what I got out of it anyways.

You're surprised we could sell out a 50,000 seat stadium in it's second season for the best non-conference home game in decades? Really?

What's your point? So being able to boo would have made more than 40,000 come back next week? They made the comment like leaving made more of a statement than booing. That's what I got out of it anyways.

I guess it did. My point is that outside of the hearty band of hundreds on here, the rest of Gopher Nation officially stopped caring today. They will come out for the OSU, PSU and Iowa games but there will be lots of empty seats for the others. At least losing to SD was humiliating enough to make them angry. But they've now officially checked out.

You're surprised we could sell out a 50,000 seat stadium in it's second season for the best non-conference home game in decades? Really?

Well, kind of. The loss last week was bad enough, but I think the general feeling was that we were going to get drilled today, which for me at least, wouldn't have been the ideal reason to come out. Then again, it was a nice Autumn day in Minnesota in a beautiful new stadium, so I guess that could have factored in too. But if the folks that went were expecting to get some satisfaction from what was going to happen on the field, I would have been very surprised.

I would bet about 35,000 in house for next weeks game. Might sell 50K plus, but I bet a lot of empty seats.

I would bet about 35,000 in house for next weeks game. Might sell 50K plus, but I bet a lot of empty seats.

The student section will be a ghost town on a Saturday night with the Gophers a dreadful 1-2 and a god-awful Northern Illinois team in town.

Top Bottom