Please Don't Boo Tomorrow

Fair point. However, do you think the fans would've been cheering them had they been losing a playoff game to, say, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers?

This is exactly what I was going to say. It's one thing to 'boo' a bad performance against South Dakota (though, I still disagree with it and would never do it), but what are you expecting to see tomorrow? Are you really going to 'boo' if we're losing to US-fricken-C? I'm just going to cheer, enjoy playing a great team, and hope we can pull off an upset.

You'd boo Alipate though, right?

No, I never ever would. I will never boo a University of MN player - especially one who is a good person, as Alipate is.

However, in an ironic twist his mom actually booed me last year. That was weird.

I would love to hear someone try to defend booing college kids as a benefit to the program. I realize that if you buy the ticket you have the right to do it, but how anybody can think that it is benefiting the program is beyond me. It is a selfish act, plain and simple.

I won't boo the athletes (please stop referring to them as "kids") but I sure as hell will boo the coaching staff.

I'll be yelling for Booze all game, but I doubt I'll get it.

The recruiting class is actually looking really good for this year. Much improved from last year and more on par with Brewster's previous classes. We already have 15 committements and could get a few more this weekend.
I've heard this somewhere before.

I won't boo the athletes (please stop referring to them as "kids") but I sure as hell will boo the coaching staff.

I just counted 67 players on our roster that are either Rfr, FR, or SO. I will continue to refer to college kids as college kids.

So your not booing the athletes because they are kids?

I don't agree with booing, it doesn't help anything. I am just curious how some people make distinctions in who they feel they are booing.

I love how Dr. Phil enters the room with his kindergarten analysis anytime anything even tangentially related to pyschology comes up.

I love how Dr. Phil enters the room with his kindergarten analysis anytime anything even tangentially related to pyschology comes up.
And I like that you immediately result to ad hominem rather than having a serious discussion.

I just counted 67 players on our roster that are either Rfr, FR, or SO. I will continue to refer to college kids as college kids.

18 and older is an adult in our society. If you treat them like kids they will act like kids, it's time for them to grow up and face consequences for their actions. College students get negative feedback all the time why should it be any different just because they are privileged enough to play football?

OK Mom. While we're at it, why don't we ask the folks at TCF Bank Stadium to turn the scoreboard off and they won't even keep score. Everybody is a winner just like 4 year old tee ball games! Will each player get a participation ribbon or certificate after the game as well?

Depends on the level of their scholarship. Walk on athletes will not.

OK Mom. While we're at it, why don't we ask the folks at TCF Bank Stadium to turn the scoreboard off and they won't even keep score. Everybody is a winner just like 4 year old tee ball games! Will each player get a participation ribbon or certificate after the game as well?

Yes, I'm sure that everyone who doesn't boo thinks this should happen. :rolleyes:

18 and older is an adult in our society. If you treat them like kids they will act like kids, it's time for them to grow up and face consequences for their actions. College students get negative feedback all the time why should it be any different just because they are privileged enough to play football?

Yes college students recieve negative feedback all the time. The scoreboard, and knowing that they are letting down their team and school is the feedback.

If the players are the best we have, then booing them makes no sense. If you must, boo the coaches for not getting better players.

Any list that does not include some combination of "Chuck Knoblauch", "2001", and "batteries" is invalid.

For sure - I was at that game. Tom Kelly was pleading with fans to stop throwing crap at poor ol' Chuck.

Can anyone else think of times when MN fans threw stuff at a sporting event (other than hat tricks)?

I actually recall the student section throwing a bunch of crap into the endzone after a Gopher football game in the dome sometime around 1996 to 2001 but I can't remember the game.

Top Bottom