PJ Targeting Ciarrocca for Return as OC?

Think we will get our answer about Simon and how much he did or did not want the OC job. If KC does come back and Simon wanted the job I would expect him to go find a new opportunity somewhere else. If he stays I would take that as a very strong indication that he is just not interested in being a full OC and likes being a position coach. There are lots of guys who are very happy to not be in the big chair with all the extra pressure for one reason or another.

Adding titles to assistant coaches has been used for a long time as a way to get them more money.
This might have a chance to hold some water, if the title was indeed just honorary.

But that's silly and objectively wrong, here. Simon gained quite a lot of duties with those titles.

Think we will get our answer about Simon and how much he did or did not want the OC job. If KC does come back and Simon wanted the job I would expect him to go find a new opportunity somewhere else.
Nope.

Could simply mean that Simon thinks something special is brewing, and willing to put his dreams on hold for another couple years to see if this thing really takes off.

He's quite young and no doubt will get his opportunity to be OC.

Not being a QB coach is laughably irrelevant to being an OC.

This might have a chance to hold some water, if the title was indeed just honorary.

But that's silly and objectively wrong, here. Simon gained quite a lot of duties with those titles.
Look, have been around you enough to know you won't give up so I am just going to leave it at, until Simon leaves or comes out and makes a statement one way or another we will have no way of knowing if he does or does not want the OC job.

I think this will still be a CO-offensive coordinator system with both having input into the game plan. They have worked together in the past, but with Sanford jr. gone you need a QB coach to be part of the coordinator room the way this staff is structured.

I think this will still be a CO-offensive coordinator system with both having input into the game plan. They have worked together in the past, but with Sanford jr. gone you need a QB coach to be part of the coordinator room the way this staff is structured.
I think the more people work together the more likely it is "co" even if it is or isn't in the title.

Every single position coach on the offensive staff, has "input" on every game plan, for every team in the country.

Some people just gonna believe the lies they want to believe, like here, no matter what ...
What lies?

Oh you mean the speculation like when you speculate that PJ is butthurt at KC and the other people who speculate that PJ only plays the players who like him best?

Keep trying...

If it was really that simple, that Simon said "thank you coach, but I don't want to be the full time play caller, I like analyzing, making game plans, and being a position coach, that's good enough for me, but I'll help out in a pinch when needed".

Then why wouldn't Fleck come out and say that????

Guaranteed, that wasn't and isn't it. Nice try though
Because no one asked him?

You know not everyone comments on things random weirdos on GopherHole discuss ad nauseum right?

Eight pages of speculation, has a decision been made?
Believe me, it will be blasted out if/when they come to an agreement.

Just strange to let it leak, but then take a long time to iron it out.

Like they say, waiting is the hardest part ...

It’s interesting seeing the duties laid out. From the link:

Ha, that’s interesting…Indeed? Is this a compliance/diversity thing? Job openings must be publicly posted - and at least an appearance of entertaining applicants demonstrated? Seems like every coach in the country will hand select their staff through personal contacts, in the end.

Ha, that’s interesting…Indeed? Is this a compliance/diversity thing? Job openings must be publicly posted - and at least an appearance of entertaining applicants demonstrated? Seems like every coach in the country will hand select their staff through personal contacts, in the end.
I’m sure it’s a compliance thing. At the end of the day, the OC is still an employee at a public university. It could get messy real quick if every manager at the U could hand pick their staffs without advertising positions or working it through HR.

I’m sure it’s a compliance thing. At the end of the day, the OC is still an employee at a public university. It could get messy real quick if every manager at the U could hand pick their staffs without advertising positions or working it through HR.

I get it; compliance hoops and so on. Just seems sort of superfluous and unnecessary. Asterisk to posting *Don’t Bother

Top Bottom