PJ Fleck or Less Miles?

It’s almost like Kevin sumlin took over for art briles at a school in Texas and had success because of it...and then he did well enough to parlay it into 2 contracts from power 5 schools
Well said! Sumlin is complete trash as a football coach, one of the most over paid, over hyped coaches in the past 20 years.

Once we all heard about the “scheme” Sumlin ran at aTm (just have Johnny Football ad lib among a half dozen plays, completely unprepared for the NFL) I didn’t expect great things from him with less to work with at Arizona

Once we all heard about the “scheme” Sumlin ran at aTm (just have Johnny Football ad lib among a half dozen plays, completely unprepared for the NFL) I didn’t expect great things from him with less to work with at Arizona
Yeah. Sometime people forget that Mike Evans made johnny football. It mike evans couldn’t make catches in double coverage...Johnny football would’ve had a bunch of interceptions and fewer touchdowns.

Let's see what the card says here for 2nd and 7....

Card with nothing on it but:

YOLO!

YOLO it is!

2019 tanner morgan had a higher passer rating than Heisman year Johnny

From all the names bandied about in the past I’m happy we got Fleck

The only what-if I still ponder was if the U had hired Mike Leach over Jerry Kill. Kill left the Gophers much better than he found them, but I’ve always loved Leach. Maybe it’s the weird Parrothead pirate in me that makes him the coach I would most like to play for if I were a player.

From all the names bandied about in the past I’m happy we got Fleck

The only what-if I still ponder was if the U had hired Mike Leach over Jerry Kill. Kill left the Gophers much better than he found them, but I’ve always loved Leach. Maybe it’s the weird Parrothead pirate in me that makes him the coach I would most like to play for if I were a player.

I wanted Mike too, but I think the local media would have thrown a hissy fit and the U would have been pretty risk averse at that point..

I wanted Mike too, but I think the local media would have thrown a hissy fit and the U would have been pretty risk averse at that point..
Yeah. Bad fit for a non college town. He also has a higher ceiling than someone like mason but has a lower ceiling than you’d prefer.
If you hire leach you’re going to be decent to 9-3....he is an offensive Tracy claeys with more persona.

Jesus Christ, people were lobbying for Sumlin??? He had a generational college talent in Manziel and rode that for a while. He was mediocre then and is mediocre now.

And Miles was an over-the-hill has-been even then. Programs like Minnesota are the ones that have to take shots on rising G5 stars or P5 coordinators.

If I had a dime for every time Zulgad was wrong about a hot take, I would buy each and every one of you a cardboard cutout to put in TCF stadium.

That's kinda the hallmark of internet hot take ... prediction type folks.

They'll tell you about when they get it right, but they're pretty much a stopped clock at that point.

I'd rather have Miles. Fleck is a Pitino type hire, and hey, he may be a future HOL coach one day, but if we get a chance at Les Miles, I'd take him in a heart beat.
And when was the last time Pitino took us to a Top 10 ranking? Comparing Fleck to Pitino is like comparing catsup to cottage cheese.

Les Miles chimes into the conversation:

Go Gophers!!

Yeah. Sometime people forget that Mike Evans made johnny football. It mike evans couldn’t make catches in double coverage...Johnny football would’ve had a bunch of interceptions and fewer touchdowns.
Yep, sometimes it is quite amazing how a great receiver (or two) can make a mediocre QB look like a Heisman winner...

Top Bottom