PJ Fleck or Less Miles?

Johnnyboy18

Reaction score
Which would you rather see as Gophers coach?

Miles' Wikipedia page says he's our HC. So I'll go with him.

Fleck > Miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd rather have Miles. Fleck is a Pitino type hire, and hey, he may be a future HOL coach one day, but if we get a chance at Les Miles, I'd take him in a heart beat.

Les Miles is the safer bet. His time at OKST looks exactly like the caliber of coach that we just got rid of. He hovered around .500 in conference, best season was 9-4. His time at LSU obviously looks great, but that's a different kind of job.

It feels like a Tubby hire to me, which would be great if we were coming off of a 4-8 season, I'm not sure how great it looks coming off of a 9-4 season.

Fleck - - we've all discussed him.

If I had to pick, I guess I'd take the longshot in Fleck. I think it is a longshot that he'll be as good as Miles, but that gamble might pay off. I don't know, I don't love either of them.

Anybody else see the tweet from Michael Kim? No idea how reputable he is, but it definitely doesn't appear to be some bored high school kid tweeting it. I don't know how to post the actual tweet, but it says "Former LSU football coach Les Miles flew to Twin Cities Wed. and is meeting with Univ. of Minnesota officials, sources tell @120Sports." Tweeted at 3:49pm today (time stamp could be off)

There's a thread on it. Kim works for ESPN, it's legit.

Anybody else see the tweet from Michael Kim? No idea how reputable he is, but it definitely doesn't appear to be some bored high school kid tweeting it. I don't know how to post the actual tweet, but it says "Former LSU football coach Les Miles flew to Twin Cities Wed. and is meeting with Univ. of Minnesota officials, sources tell @120Sports." Tweeted at 3:49pm today (time stamp could be off)

EDIT: (added link) https://twitter.com/MichaelKim120/status/817126014786609152

Weirdly, I know less about Les than I now do about P.J.

Age 63. This program needs a long term coach that can recruit for the long haul.

EDIT: (added link) https://twitter.com/MichaelKim120/status/817126014786609152

Yes, that is what was the impetus for this thread.

Go Gophers!!

Apparently it's officially Miles. Wikipedia says so!! :p :p

Leslie Edwin Miles (born November 10, 1953) is an American football coach and former player. He is the current head coach at the University of Minnesota (Minnesota) as of Jan 5th, 2017. and at Oklahoma State University from 2001 to 2004. Miles is nicknamed "The Hat" for his signature white cap, as well as "The Mad Hatter" for his eccentricities and play-calling habits.[1]

Prior to being a head coach, he was an assistant coach at Oklahoma State as well as at the University of Michigan, the University of Colorado at Boulder, and with the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL). Miles led the 2007 LSU Tigers football team to a win in the BCS National Championship Game against Ohio State, 38–24.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Les_Miles&oldid=758513164

I don't know what all the fuss is about. We're gonna get Bob from AccounTemps when all is said and done.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Yes, that is what was the impetus for this thread.

Go Gophers!!

Ha. My bad. Hadn't seen it posted here yet so I thought I'd bring it up. I'm sure someone posted it in another thread. I can't keep up!

Rather have Les then PJ. Rather have Sumlin than either one.

We are suffering from recency bias on both of these candidates. The non-Fleck fans keep citing Brewster's enthusiasm. The non-Miles fans keep citing Tubby Smith.

Fleck and Miles have nothing to do with either of those guys. It's like the person who thinks its going to be a heads on a quarter because the last four coin flips were tails.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom