PJ Fleck or Less Miles?

We are suffering from recency bias on both of these candidates. The non-Fleck fans keep citing Brewster's enthusiasm. The non-Miles fans keep citing Tubby Smith.

Fleck and Miles have nothing to do with either of those guys. It's like the person who thinks its going to be a heads on a quarter because the last four coin flips were tails.

Go Gophers!!

I demand a National Championship winner under age 40 with above average enthusiasm!

Rather have Miles but both would be class A hires that would get me excited.

I would like a head coach that can get us a Rocking DJ(Perhaps RuppertyFlywheel can come out of retirement) at TCF, and more butts in the seats.

Lou Holtz was 62 when he went to South Carolina. Spurrier was 60. I'm fine with Miles being 63.

Have we ever had a coach in the past 30 years that's come in here already having won a national title? How did that work out for us?

Les Miles has a very impressive resume. He's won a national title & 2 SEC championships.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I was always a fleck guy but Les would need a staff and there's one here.... Les

Have we ever had a coach in the past 30 years that's come in here already having won a national title? How did that work out for us?

Better than Tim Brewster.

63 is the new 45 now-a-days age shouldn't be the biggest question about Miles.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I'd give the advantage to Fleck due to age but I'd be thrilled with either

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I was starting to be ok with Miles as coach, but now that Zulgad approves of it I will have to reconsider.

Les Miles has a very impressive resume. He's won a national title & 2 SEC championships.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not that hard to be successful there with the in state talent. He has run his course. Get a hungry young coach.

I was starting to be ok with Miles as coach, but now that Zulgad approves of it I will have to reconsider.

That's a good point.

I'm back on the Fleck bandwagon.

If we are serious about winning the B1G I would go with Miles over Fleck simply because (may be wrong) I feel he has the greater ability to attract recruits Nationwide and the presence to stand alongside the likes of Urban Meyer from the off. Fleck may/will develop this in the next few years but I'm not sure he would stay with us long enough for it to be with us - I.e. We would only be a stepping stone for Fleck.I also think Miles would insist on zero interference with the way he runs things - which is important in our current situation IMHO.

The pessimist inside me thinks we won't be able to afford/attract either and will move through Harsin and Bohl (spelling?) before eventually settling on Al Golden.

Wonder what the Vegas odds are? My experience of this type of thing in the EnglishPremier League is that the bookmakers normally have the best inside sources!

Does this put Souhan in play? He's fit.

Go Gophers!!

He might be too fit. People don't pay good money for tickets to be distracted by their ultra-fit coach strutting up and down the sidelines.

Leaning Fleck. I think if you hire Les Miles you are hiring him for the "name". Kinda like Tubby. Will recruits buy into that?

People using Tubby to argue against Les are ridiculous.
Just because Minnesota hired an experienced coach _in a different sport_ and he didn't work out is not a reason to not hire an experienced coach.
Fleck will try to install new systems. Miles coaches what works at Minnesota.
Fleck has shown a propensity to remove players he doesn't like. Miles has shown a propensity to build teams.
Fleck has never coached a major CFB program before. Miles has a natty.
Fleck would use us as a stepping stone. Miles wants to ride one last team to the top.
This is an easy call.
Also, for those of you that don't like Coyle, I can promise you that Les isn't going to pull punches during his last rodeo.

Fleck or Miles.... Oh boy, now I'm going to be devastated when we hire the Edmonton Eskimos tight ends coach.

Top Bottom