PIRSIG WATCH

The U doesn't announce verbals. So are you saying that Persig AND McDonald are going to verbal tomorrow? I would call that good day:)

From what I have been told tomorrow Persig will verbal and eventually McDonald will follow. Originally McDonald was calling everybody to join him at Minnesota now all the other recruits will call him to commit to the University of Minnesota. This is the first step in changing the culture at Minnesota.

Marcus from PP tweeted that PP has confirmed Pirsig's decision will come today.

I hope this turns out to be the BEST worst-kept secret in MN

Side note, I don't think Seantreal had a 7 page string on GH...

a commit by Pirsig would be a perfect way to kick off my bachelor party Saturday. :) I don't know why, but I'm feeling a little confident in this one.

a commit by Pirsig would be a perfect way to kick off my bachelor party Saturday. :) I don't know why, but I'm feeling a little confident in this one.

Patiently standing outside a strip club, refreshing GH on the smart phone until the news comes in. The only issue now is will it be a pity or celebratory lap dance?

Patiently standing outside a strip club, refreshing GH on the smart phone until the news comes in. The only issue now is will it be a pity or celebratory lap dance?

Doesn't matter. A Lap Dance is so much better when the stripper is crying. (Bloodhound Gang, but I won't post the video here.)

I bet there's 7 one page posts, at least.

No doubt.

Other than Weber and Gray, SH may have been the most discussed single player on GH in the last 4 years.

Hey - my 3,000th post!!! Hopefully it comes on Pirsig Commitment Day!

What's the etiquette here? When someone breaks the news of the announcement, do they do it here or in a new thread?

Good post, Bob. Agreed. We'll find out the truth in a few years. In the meantime, wrapping in a few more very talented MN kids would do wonders for Kill and the program.

I've actually been a pretty big supporter of Kill's recruiting so far. I really think we shouldn't judge these players for a couple years and because of Kill's track record of winning, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he see's something in some of these guys and isn't afraid to be the first to offer.

However, just playing devil's advocate about your point, it should be easy to fill a class up when twelve (just throwing a number out) didn't have any other BCS offers. Getting kids to commit who really aren't getting offers from anywhere else isn't really a tell of being a great salesman. It's like the guy who scores with tons of fat girls, he isn't really a ladies man, he just has lower standards.

The counter argument to your point is that Kill should have only offered the best 7-9 from this class, and we should be at 9 commits (presumably the best 9) and still be in the middle of the recruiting wars with higher ranked athletes and went after the Western Michigan guys as fall back plans.

I'm not saying that's what I want. I am just saying that a valid argument could be made that our class being at 17 right now isn't necessarily a sign of Kill being the best salesman. It might be indicitive of him not wanting to be a salesman. I'm not blasting this method at all, frankly, i've never been a college football coach and he has a history of success. So until it starts being evident that it isn't working, i'll assume he knows best.

"What's the etiquette here? When someone breaks the news of the announcement, do they do it here or in a new thread? "

Both? :confused:

Top Bottom