PIRSIG WATCH

My best guess is that Jonah is waiting until the coaches return from the Big Ten Media Day in Chicago to relay the news to the 3 teams. Here's to positive thoughts!

My best guess is that Jonah is waiting until the coaches return from the Big Ten Media Day in Chicago to relay the news to the 3 teams. Here's to positive thoughts!

I don't know if that's the right read, but that's the one I'm going with!

If he was so sold on picking Minnesota I think he would have done it by now. Why make everyone wait if he supposedly knows where he wants to go? I think that he is not so sold on coming here as everyone thinks. He may end up coming here in the end, but I think it's far from 100%.

Your logic is faulty. You could say the exact same things about Iowa or Wisconsin.

Your logic is faulty. You could say the exact same things about Iowa or Wisconsin.

Maybe you weren't thinking when you wrote that? Everyone is saying that he is going to pick Minnesota and has made up his mind, so how would what I wrote make sense for Iowa and Wisconsin too. Oh that's right, it doesn't.

Maybe you weren't thinking when you wrote that? Everyone is saying that he is going to pick Minnesota and has made up his mind, so how would what I wrote make sense for Iowa and Wisconsin too. Oh that's right, it doesn't.

Please explain to me how the fact that he isn't announcing immediately favors Iowa and/or Wisconsin over Minnesota. This ought to be good.

Please explain to me how the fact that he isn't announcing immediately favors Iowa and/or Wisconsin over Minnesota. This ought to be good.

You're trying way too hard right now. It's funny. If you read my first statement, I told you how it makes his decision seem more murky than people are making it out to be. BTW, loved your picture of him you spent hours working on. Maybe that is why you are so butt hurt over any negative thing said about him. Either way, I'm over it.

Moving on. How does everyone think Pirsig would have fared if he would have been going up against lake conference talent in his film? He wasn't even overly dominant going up against 2a talent or whatever level he plays in. It's going to take a ton of work on his part to crack the starting line-up before his junior season.

If you read my first statement, I told you how it makes his decision seem more murky than people are making it out to be.

No, it doesn't. There are an infinite number of potential different reasons why he is delaying his announcement. Unless you are a family member, close friend, or confidant, you don't know what the real reason is. It doesn't favor any one school over the other. You are making a false assumption based on your own suppositions. The only thing we know for certain, based on the words out of his own mouth, is that it will be one of Minnesota, Iowa, or Wisconsin. Not immediately announcing one school over the others is an indication of nothing, other than the fact that he has a reason (or reasons) for waiting.

Maybe that is why you are so butt hurt over any negative thing said about him.

I'm not "butt hurt" about anything. I'm saying that you have a terrible point and are drawing false conclusions based off nothing more than your own premonition. I'm still waiting to hear why a delayed announcement favors Iowa and/or Wisconsin over Minnesota. Just as a reminder, here's your exact quote:

If he was so sold on picking Minnesota I think he would have done it by now.

You can try to spin it however you want, but it's pretty cut and dried. Please explain to us how waiting on his announcement inherently favors Iowa and/or Wisconsin over Minnesota.

If he was so sold on picking Minnesota I think he would have done it by now. Why make everyone wait if he supposedly knows where he wants to go? I think that he is not so sold on coming here as everyone thinks. He may end up coming here in the end, but I think it's far from 100%.

I'm confused. If he was set on Iowa or Wisc and was now waiting to make the decision public does it make it different? Or are you just saying he is not sure about whatever school he picks?

New subject: I put our chances at 80% on Saturday. Pretty confident with what I've been told.

I'm still waiting to hear why a delayed announcement favors Iowa and/or Wisconsin over Minnesota.

I'm still trying to figure out where Jacki stated in any way, shape or form, that this delay favors Iowa or Wisconsin.

I'm still trying to figure out where Jacki stated in any way, shape or form, that this delay favors Iowa or Wisconsin.

"If he were going to pick Minnesota, he would've done it by now."

A = announcement now (yesterday or today), Minnesota

B = announcement later (this weekend or later), either Iowa or Wisconsin

If not A, then B.

I don't understand what is difficult about this.

The entire premise of his argument is "announcement later = either Iowa or Wisconsin". I'm looking for his rationale as to how this can possibly be true.

"If he were going to pick Minnesota, he would've done it by now."

A = announcement now (yesterday or today), Minnesota

B = announcement later (this weekend or later), either Minnesota, Iowa or Wisconsin

If not A, then B.

I don't understand what is difficult about this.

FIFY

I don't think there would be this much of a pissing contest if the first line read (as I believe Jacki intended) "If he were 100% sure that Minnesota was his choice, he would've done it by now."

No. Stating "If he were going to pick Minnesota, he would've done it by now," makes the potential of picking Minnesota in the future impossible. It's simple logic. And I didn't even do very well in logic - I think I got a B.

I actually took it like Jacki was saying that the fact that Pirsig is waiting until sunday seems to indicate that it might not be MN. That might not be how he meant it.

He's a teenager who was nationally recruited, why are people freaking out about a couple extra days? I for one hope he does commit here, but I am not putting our chances above 33% until told otherwise.

I'm confused. If he was set on Iowa or Wisc and was now waiting to make the decision public does it make it different? Or are you just saying he is not sure about whatever school he picks?

New subject: I put our chances at 80% on Saturday. Pretty confident with what I've been told.

Correct

I would prefer the choices being Minnesota, Notre Dame and Missouri rather than Wisky or Ioway.

Coach Kill has his hands full to get the top MN kids to stay home.

We all need to settle- we have entire topics discussing how posters find Andre McDonald irresponsible for pulling the trigger and then being cautious in his decision making. Pirsig is taking a few extra days, he is just being thorough so he can commit and not back out. Honestly- a 17 year old recruit likely reads this board and seeing the Andre m. Backlash probably made him say ," Jonah- let's be sure. 100 percent sure." He has no deadline until February so let him take his time and I seriously doubt that each day makes him go one or the other. If that were the case- he would wait and take offcials to all. He most likely knows and each day likely won't change that. He seems rational and he is doing the rational thing.

So I was perusing the other gopher sites and a poster on Scout who knows someone in the Blue Earth area. This new rumor is that the Pirsig family will raise the flag of Jonah's choice in front of the their house on sunday. So anyone in the BEA this weekend be on the lookout for gopher flags!

I thought they were going to release team-colored smoke through the chimney. :confused:

It looks like Pirsig is a man of his word, he said he'll make his decision by Aug, either Sat. or Sun. and he's making his target date. Why all the fuss? If he does finally make his decision this weekend then he's likely to stick with it. I'm hoping he's a Gopher.

I talked to a customer who works in the AD department and there will be an announcement tomorrow. It will be Pirsig and McDonald wil likely follow.

Granted we are talking about teenagers but it looks like Coach Kill will have closed down the borders. It is about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I talked to a customer who works in the AD department and there will be an announcement tomorrow. It will be Pirsig and McDonald wil likely follow.
The U doesn't announce verbals. So are you saying that Persig AND McDonald are going to verbal tomorrow? I would call that good day:)

Top Bottom