PIRSIG WATCH

I know we're all in the same boat, and hope this Carlos guy is on the level...but I can't help get the feeling that he thinks he's about to pull what he feels is an epic prank on the Gopher faithful. Call me a cynic, but he seems a little too happy for us considering his allegiance to our hick-ish brothers to the south. Has anyone done any recon into whats going on in the Iowa boards to see if they've
conceded Pirsig?

Dude! I'm not pulling an "epic prank" here. I told you, I don't have any hatred for the Gophers. Let's be honest, it's hard to hate your team. It'd be like hating Indiana or Baylor. Always had a great time with Gopher fans. Good people. Vikings fans on the other hand...not so much. Also, I think Kill is gonna be great for you guys and I want the B1G as strong as possible! Best believe I'll be rooting my ass off for you guys against USC. I hate that school and everything they stand for. Kiffin is a piece of *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# and I hope he loses every game. Mostly though, I'm excited for Jonah. This will all be
over soon. I won't come back and say I told ya so either. I'll just tell you Congrats and
then be on my way.

You just may be right GopherHomer!

I know we're all in the same boat, and hope this Carlos guy is on the level...but I can't help get the feeling that he thinks he's about to pull what he feels is an epic prank on the Gopher faithful. Call me a cynic, but he seems a little too happy for us considering his allegiance to our hick-ish brothers to the south. Has anyone done any recon into whats going on in the Iowa boards to see if they've conceded Pirsig?

I am with you GopherHomer, this just doesn't feel right. When Pantherhawk first came on the Strib blog he acted just like Carlos. All nice and friendly. What doesn't make sense is that according to Carlos Pirsig has told freely several people of his decision yet nobody else has been able to verify this.

Therefore, my theory is we are being played. If Pirsig verbals to the Gophers, Carlos can say I told you so and if he doesn't, Carlos will have a good laugh on us. He already has by getting an unbelievable amount of attention here. LOL

I gotta ask. Who is Pantherhawk? I'm not familiar with him. I haven't noticed him on Hawkeye Report either.

I gotta ask. Who is Pantherhawk? I'm not familiar with him. I haven't noticed him on Hawkeye Report either.

He is an absolutely epic Iowa troll who frequents the comment threads of any media articles about the Gophers just so he can talk trash about them. He also goes to opposing team forums to talk about how he's rooting for them against the Gophers. Major tool and it's quite possible he's been banned at Hawkeye Report for being too damn annoying.

He can't be more annoying than Lone Clone. Or even worse LHUCKS from Footballguys. That dude and his pathetic hatred for the B1G gets on my last damn nerve. He makes me wish very bad things on the PAC-12!

I've actually been a pretty big supporter of Kill's recruiting so far. I really think we shouldn't judge these players for a couple years and because of Kill's track record of winning, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he see's something in some of these guys and isn't afraid to be the first to offer.

However, just playing devil's advocate about your point, it should be easy to fill a class up when twelve (just throwing a number out) didn't have any other BCS offers. Getting kids to commit who really aren't getting offers from anywhere else isn't really a tell of being a great salesman. It's like the guy who scores with tons of fat girls, he isn't really a ladies man, he just has lower standards.

The counter argument to your point is that Kill should have only offered the best 7-9 from this class, and we should be at 9 commits (presumably the best 9) and still be in the middle of the recruiting wars with higher ranked athletes and went after the Western Michigan guys as fall back plans.

I'm not saying that's what I want. I am just saying that a valid argument could be made that our class being at 17 right now isn't necessarily a sign of Kill being the best salesman. It might be indicitive of him not wanting to be a salesman. I'm not blasting this method at all, frankly, i've never been a college football coach and he has a history of success. So until it starts being evident that it isn't working, i'll assume he knows best.

I wouldn't worry too much about Coach Kill signing players and filling scholies early. He and his coaches are very thorough and are very good at evaluating players that will work hard and who fit his system. Like he said, until a player starts practicing & playing they are just paper tigers. For his first full recruiting class, I personally feel he's done well given the Gopher's dismal record the last few decades. Once he starts winning, higher rated players across the country will start noticing.

Don't get me wrong. There are thoroughbred horses like the Adrian Petersons of this world. You won't see very many of these players flocking to the Gophers over the helmet schools. We've got to lay a winning foundation first like Alvarez and Ferentz did. We have to make the program attractive for them to come here.

IMHO, it will be much sooner than expected if he starts to lock down the borders and keep good MN kids in state. The timing is just right with the biggest crop of D1 caliber HS seniors we've seen in a long time.

That is why it is critical to get McDonald, Pirsig, Will Johnson, and potentially Nick Davidson (albeit looks like he's leaning elsewhere) to stay and play for the Gophers.

If the Gophers can only sign of one 4* RBs, watch out!

The 2013 recruiting class will be the litmus test as to how far the Gophers have gone in recruiting.

What doesn't make sense is that according to Carlos Pirsig has told freely several people of his decision yet nobody else has been able to verify this.

Sonnygarcia on page 2 of this thread: "To be fair to Carlos, my college buddy who lives in Fairmont told me tonight that word has been pretty strong for a week or two he was going to be a Gopher. We will see I guess, but when he says word is out in the area he really isn't lying."

If you're a member over there, how come you haven't posted anything about this on their board? Or in the Lounge?

Thanks mattw1067

Sonnygarcia on page 2 of this thread: "To be fair to Carlos, my college buddy who lives in Fairmont told me tonight that word has been pretty strong for a week or two he was going to be a Gopher. We will see I guess, but when he says word is out in the area he really isn't lying."

Way to go mattw1067. You just made me look like some conspiracy theory nut. I suppose now I am going to have to buy Carlos a beer too!

By the way Carlos, try Goggling Pantherhawk. You will find out that he was banned from the Iowa blog.

Pantherhawk was lonelyiowagopher, no? Carlos your a nice guy and everything, but you just never know on an internet message board which is why we are not screaming glory glory at your comments.

Way to go mattw1067. You just made me look like some conspiracy theory nut. I suppose now I am going to have to buy Carlos a beer too!

By the way Carlos, try Goggling Pantherhawk. You will find out that he was banned from the Iowa blog.

Yeah if you live in the Fairmont, Blue Earth, Armstrong, Spirit Lake/Okoboji area, it's just not a secret to where Jonah is going.

Killjoy, did some research on Pantherhawk. All I can say is what a f**kin dip$hit! I mean I get the whole "it's easy to act like a dork behind the keyboard, and thru text messaging, and people wouldn't act like that in real life or to a persons face" but he just seems to put a lot of work into being a nerd. I don't know I guess I'm more interested in hot chicks, beer and football. But maybe I'm just weird.

Correct me if I am wrong but don't Minnesota kids tend to graduate? If so I fully understand why Kill has recruited Minnesota kids. It obviously makes sense and the MN recruits want to be here.

Think about it guys. Its not a prank.

Let's say this Carlos dude is of the Pantherhawk ilk and is just trying to mess with us. Because he is of the Pantherhawk ilk, he would have no actual knowledge of the situation. Therefore, how is it possible to "prank" someone when you don't even know the outcome of the prank in question?

Let's say this Carlos dude is someone close to the family who actually DOES have knowledge of the situation. Do you really think this person would go to all of the trouble to post on the message board of the team he didn't pick just to taunt them? I mean, we're not talking about some habitual internet troll here. This would have to be a spur-of-the-moment one-time taunt. I can't see this being the case.

Either way, it makes no sense. Carlos may or may not know what is going on, but I don't think there's any logical way you can look at this and come to the conclusion that it can be a prank on us.

Think about it guys. Its not a prank.

Let's say this Carlos dude is of the Pantherhawk ilk and is just trying to mess with us. Because he is of the Pantherhawk ilk, he would have no actual knowledge of the situation. Therefore, how is it possible to "prank" someone when you don't even know the outcome of the prank in question?

Let's say this Carlos dude is someone close to the family who actually DOES have knowledge of the situation. Do you really think this person would go to all of the trouble to post on the message board of the team he didn't pick just to taunt them? I mean, we're not talking about some habitual internet troll here. This would have to be a spur-of-the-moment one-time taunt. I can't see this being the case.

Either way, it makes no sense. Carlos may or may not know what is going on, but I don't think there's any logical way you can look at this and come to the conclusion that it can be a prank on us.

Did everyone forget about LonelyIowaGopher already?? Seriously, that was PantherHawk. He did well hiding it for the first few weeks, and he subsequently blew his cover after he couldn't handle being somewhat rational any longer and that was that. Never underestimate him. Not saying he's Carlos at all, but he's that insane.

Wow I'm getting way too much play here. Ok I'll say this one last time and then I won't comment anymore. I'm a huge Hawkeye fan. A huge B1G fan. Lived in Florida. Had to listen to SEC fans talk crap abut the Big and Slow 10. Hate Texas, Notre Dame and the SEC. If I have to hear "Roll Tide" one more time I'm seriously kicking someones a$$! I know Jonah. Was glad to hear he wasn't going to Alabama, Auburn or tOSU. Hoped he would be a Hawkeye but his family really wanted him to be close to home so they could go to all his games. Happy he gets to play in the B1G. I mean not a lot of small town kids get to do that! I'm not pranking anyone because I would never do that $hit. It's not how I roll. You guys are pretty cool. I've enjoyed being here. Hope to see some of you Oct. 29th. Be ready to party!

Wow I'm getting way too much play here. Ok I'll say this one last time and then I won't comment anymore. I'm a huge Hawkeye fan. A huge B1G fan. Lived in Florida. Had to listen to SEC fans talk crap abut the Big and Slow 10. Hate Texas, Notre Dame and the SEC. If I have to hear "Roll Tide" one more time I'm seriously kicking someones a$$! I know Jonah. Was glad to hear he wasn't going to Alabama, Auburn or tOSU. Hoped he would be a Hawkeye but his family really wanted him to be close to home so they could go to all his games. Happy he gets to play in the B1G. I mean not a lot of small town kids get to do that! I'm not pranking anyone because I would never do that $hit. It's not how I roll. You guys are pretty cool. I've enjoyed being here. Hope to see some of you Oct. 29th. Be ready to party!

Dude sorry I didn't mean to even imply I thought you were him at all. Just reminding people to keep their guard up!

Dude sorry I didn't mean to even imply I thought you were him at all. Just reminding people to keep their guard up!

No worries my man! I researched Pantherhawk. I see why you guys are so guarded. Weird guy. Virgin maybe? Lives with his parents? Ahh who knows.

I'm just ready to stop talking about where Jonah is gonna commit. Seemed like I had to say the same thing over and over trying to defend myself. And ya know, that's always weird. Kinda creepy. Sounded like a broken record. Ready to be done with it and get ready for some football. Gonna miss our end of the year rivalry game with you guys. Excited though to start another crazy rivalry with Nebraska on Black Friday. Keeps me out of the shopping malls with all the bat$hit crazies!

I'll just tell you Congrats and
then be on my way.

Don't be so quick to leave. I would enjoy your opinions/insights throughout the B10 season. Especially "Floyd of Rosedale" week.

No worries my man! I researched Pantherhawk. I see why you guys are so guarded. Weird guy. Virgin maybe? Lives with his parents? Ahh who knows.

I'm just ready to stop talking about where Jonah is gonna commit. Seemed like I had to say the same thing over and over trying to defend myself. And ya know, that's always weird. Kinda creepy. Sounded like a broken record. Ready to be done with it and get ready for some football. Gonna miss our end of the year rivalry game with you guys. Excited though to start another crazy rivalry with Nebraska on Black Friday. Keeps me out of the shopping malls with all the bat$hit crazies!

At least with homo sapiens.

Anyway Carlos, I hope you're right.

I hope young Pirsig enjoys keeping us all in suspense! He sure knows how to make a week seem like a month. :D

http://thegazette.com/2011/07/26/ward-malloy-make-it-eight/

HawkeyeReport.com’s Tom Kakert writes the “Who’s Next” post for his site. On Iowa’s last three commits, Tom is 3-for-3 with the photo he’s picked for Iowa’s next. I asked him who’s going up on that post next?

“I’d say OL Jonah Pirsig, because he’s going to announce this week, but I think he’s a Gopher,” Tom wrote in an e-mail. “Best bet is probably LB LaRon Taylor, but people won’t like that because he isn’t deciding for about a month. Might go with DT Nate Lohn just for fun.”

MattOConnellGI Matt O'Connell
Jonah Pirsig plans to make his commitment on Saturday. Still between #Gophers Iowa and Wisconsin.
7 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

If he was so sold on picking Minnesota I think he would have done it by now. Why make everyone wait if he supposedly knows where he wants to go? I think that he is not so sold on coming here as everyone thinks. He may end up coming here in the end, but I think it's far from 100%.

Top Bottom