Pinstripe Starting QB Thread

My post was in response to saying the minute AK has a bad game next year, they will call for the backup.

Tanner had a bad game against Purdue and I don't remember anyone calling for the backup.

257 yards and a dropped TD that turned into an INT is not a bad game, especially with no Mo. LMAO.

And are you seriously going to go with AK's Illinois game?.....seriously.......LMAO

Yes, I am. Seriously. I can see why you'd never mention it, though. LMAO.

Going with AK was the right call, and I know, it bugs you. It is what it is.

It is what it is, indeed. LMAO.

Prediction - 1st time AK has a bad game next year, someone on this board will be calling for Knuth or Viotto to play. Because it's just more fun to bag on the starting QB.
I don’t know that this is accurate. 2 has a limited skill set and has been exposed the past couple of years. 8 obviously has a very high ceiling it’s easier to be more patient when you can see the talent.

If I’m Athan, and PJ starts Tanner ahead of me for this game, I transfer out immediately after the game. Tanner had a great career. He clearly is not the best QB on the team. He has also had 2 concussions this year. There is zero reason to start Tanner. No one is cheating him out of finishing his career on a high note if he doesn’t start. It would send the wrong message to the team if Tanner starts and if I’m Athan, that sends a message that makes me move on.

If I’m Athan, and PJ starts Tanner ahead of me for this game, I transfer out immediately after the game. Tanner had a great career. He clearly is not the best QB on the team. He has also had 2 concussions this year. There is zero reason to start Tanner. No one is cheating him out of finishing his career on a high note if he doesn’t start. It would send the wrong message to the team if Tanner starts and if I’m Athan, that sends a message that makes me move on.

Stupid and will never happen even if Tanner does start.

Lol. What a horrible take.

Yeah no you wouldn't. For about a dozen reasons you wouldn't, but likely the biggest being you will end up either at a worse school or in a bad situation. What team is going to take you based on really 1.5 good games neither of which was against top competition or even the teams current head coach? It isn't like he had a full season of games against the best the Big Ten has to offer...

If you want to end up in the G5 or FCS then sure you go right ahead and quit on your team. Athan won't, because he isn't a complete moron. Your take is so bad I have to wonder if you have ever even held a job before.

(and it wont matter anyways cause Morgan isn't likely to play)

I'd feel kinda ill if Morgan doesn't get into this game. At the same time, AK has earned the start. This has been my TED Talk.

RandBall's prediction is predicated on Athan as QB...apparently from start to finish...hmmnnnn...

Get help.

Yeah no you wouldn't. For about a dozen reasons you wouldn't, but likely the biggest being you will end up either at a worse school or in a bad situation. What team is going to take you based on really 1.5 good games neither of which was against top competition or even the teams current head coach? It isn't like he had a full season of games against the best the Big Ten has to offer...

If you want to end up in the G5 or FCS then sure you go right ahead and quit on your team. Athan won't, because he isn't a complete moron. Your take is so bad I have to wonder if you have ever even held a job before.

(and it wont matter anyways cause Morgan isn't likely to play)
Not that the moron's post needed to be replied to at all but you left out the most obvious reason why it would make no sense for Athan to transfer. He is clearly the guy for next year so he would be giving up a power 5 starting job.

Fortunately I don't think Athan is wired the way Mr. Showers is and even if Morgan were to play in the bowl game he wouldn't take it as some sort of insult or slight.

RandBall's prediction is predicated on Athan as QB...apparently from start to finish...hmmnnnn...
I believe that Tanner CANNOT play due to the second concussion. He can play in the post-season Senior games because they are not sanctioned by the NCAA. I think the question is a non- starter.

I believe that Tanner CANNOT play due to the second concussion. He can play in the post-season Senior games because they are not sanctioned by the NCAA. I think the question is a non- starter.
Have seen this meantioned a few times but is that policy spelled out somewhere? I did some light searching and didn't come up with anything that says if you have two concussions in the same season you can't play for the remainder of that season.

It certainly makes sense that a policy like that might exist since it gets easier to get additional concussions after you have them.

I don’t know if I’d transfer but I do know my relationship with PJ would change if Tanner started.
It’s hard to speculate because we don’t know how it has been laid out when starters get hurt. Is there a policy of you can’t lose your spot to injury? Is it case by case?
But if I’m AK8 I want to know, I mean really know my coach believes in me and wants to win. If Tanner starts in my place, can’t help but create doubt in how good he thinks I am.

Don’t tell me. Show me by your actions I’m your QB.

I think it doesn’t matter whatsoever if both play. My gut tells me Tanner a little and Athan a lot. No one wants permanent brain injury, except Brady Hoke.

I don’t know if I’d transfer but I do know my relationship with PJ would change if Tanner started.
It’s hard to speculate because we don’t know how it has been laid out when starters get hurt. Is there a policy of you can’t lose your spot to injury? Is it case by case?
But if I’m AK8 I want to know, I mean really know my coach believes in me and wants to win. If Tanner starts in my place, can’t help but create doubt in how good he thinks I am.

Don’t tell me. Show me by your actions I’m your QB.
Somebody understands what I’m saying. Athan should, and likely will, start and play the entire game except for a token series. If he doesn’t, then he should question PJs desire to win. Tanner starting or playing major minutes has no long term benefit to this team. Frankly, he should never have been allowed back for his 6th year. It cost them a chance at playing in the Big Ten Championship.

guys, I think Athan understands what Tanner Morgan has meant to Fleck and to the Gopher FB program.

my gut tells me that IF Morgan started (I don't think he will) Athan would be cheering the loudest on the sidelines.

again, all indications are that Athan will start and play the majority of the game.

But, with Morgan being cleared, I think Morgan will make an appearance in the game. In fact, the team might be motivated to establish a big lead, because that makes it more likely that Morgan will come in for at least a few snaps.

this is NOT an either/or situation.

this is a case of two teammates. teammates who support each other.

if Athan was the kind of kid who would say "If I don't start, I won't be happy" - then I don't think he would have been recruited to MN in the 1st place.

This take is just a TAD over the top....

Fortunately all indications are that Athan has far too much character to behave like a petulant child, particularly given that he has seen first hand what Morgan has meant to this program.

This take is just a TAD over the top....

Fortunately all indications are that Athan has far too much character to behave like a petulant child, particularly given that he has seen first hand what Morgan has meant to this program.
Maybe Golden Shower is the band members mom? Seems like an appropriate name for her.

I am very geeked up to watch this game. MO will be the MVP.

Top Bottom