Pete Thamel: Time to face reality: ‘No one is playing college football in the fall’

JMHO, A vaccine, even if proven to be effective against covid-19, will not be adopted by enough Americans to make it work. Sadly, my barber knows more about science than the men and women with the degrees. Even more pathetic, people listen to him because really, what good are those pinheads? They've been wrong on this and that. Vaccines cause all bad things and provide no protections. My barber has appointments available tomorrow if you want addition schooling. God help us.
If there is a working vaccine probably around 40-50% of Americans will get it.

that’s the number with the flu shot.

Older and at risk people will want this vaccine but they often are the ones who get the flu shot already so I don’t think the disease changes the numbers much.

If the Big ten turns out to be the only conference playing games this fall, ratings would be off the charts and that would very enticing (if health and safety concerns could be met).
True. I just don't see it though. Cases are likely to spike in the northern states in the cold weather. If they can get 10 games in my 11/15 or so, maybe.

JMHO, A vaccine, even if proven to be effective against covid-19, will not be adopted by enough Americans to make it work. Sadly, my barber knows more about science than the men and women with the degrees. Even more pathetic, people listen to him because really, what good are those pinheads? They've been wrong on this and that. Vaccines cause all bad things and provide no protections. My barber has appointments available tomorrow if you want addition schooling. God help us.
Safe to say that if you wont' wear a piece of cloth one your face in Wal-mart, you probably won't let someone inject you with the "Bill Gates" vaccine.

Safe to say that if you wont' wear a piece of cloth one your face in Wal-mart, you probably won't let someone inject you with the "Bill Gates" vaccine.
We can make laws.

Don’t care if you don’t like it or think it’s silly. And it’ll be after the election and the start of the new congress.

I’ll vote for it. Go ahead and denounce it, so you can claim bipartisanship.

If it’s widely available at some point within a year from now, and you still refuse, I support and will vote for harsh penalties and restrictions on you and your household’s quality of life.

No new bank/financial accounts can be opened (no new loans), no new government issued licenses (hunting/fishing, drivers etc), no public school of any kind, etc, for everyone in your household.

Anything you say comrade.

So you've elevated COVID-19 to the level of measles, mumps and rubella, scarlet fever, smallpox, tuberculosis, black death, and polio.

What a transparent fraud.

We can make laws.

Don’t care if you don’t like it or think it’s silly. And it’ll be after the election and the start of the new congress.

I’ll vote for it. Go ahead and denounce it, so you can claim bipartisanship.
Forced vaccination would be struck down by the courts, and even if it wasn't, the pandemic will be long over before it worked it's way through. Thankfully we don't need everyone to take the vaccine for it to work.

Forced vaccination would be struck down by the courts, and even if it wasn't, the pandemic will be long over before it worked it's way through. Thankfully we don't need everyone to take the vaccine for it to work.
No one said anything about forcing. I was talking about penalties and restrictions for noncompliance.

Which is richly deserved for the hoaxer douches.

Hell, why stop there. Let’s close everything, and lock ourselves in our homes for the next couple months, because that’s what it would take, and even then, there would probably still be some isolated cases that could result in future hot spots. Just make sure you stock up on toilet paper, if you haven’t already.
It will all just magically disappear once it gets warm in April. And we should not be testing cuz that means more cases.

No vaccine, no college/university, no drivers license, no bank account. Etc

Make it painful, but possible if someone wants to be that big of a selfish prick.
And there it is...wow. All earned constitutional rights lost out of fear for a virus that is 99% recovery. What if the vaccine has greater risks than the virus itself? Do you still hold this belief? We are not talking about a world ending event here. This is nuts to me how extreme people have become in 6-7 months of a virus.

And there it is...wow. All earned constitutional rights lost out of fear for a virus that is 99% recovery. What if the vaccine has greater risks than the virus itself? Do you still hold this belief? We are not talking about a world ending event here. This is nuts to me how extreme people have become in 6-7 months of a virus.
Since 1998, there has been a grand total of 22,045 cases filed for injury or death as a result of a vaccine. Only 7,423 were rewarded. Point being, vaccines are incredibly safe. They aren't going to release a COVID vaccine if it's less safe than the virus. That's just foolish lol. It's that irrational fear of vaccines that caused all the stupid anti-vaxx stuff to begin with.

Since 1998, there has been a grand total of 22,045 cases filed for injury or death as a result of a vaccine. Only 7,423 were rewarded. Point being, vaccines are incredibly safe. They aren't going to release a COVID vaccine if it's less safe than the virus. That's just foolish lol. It's that irrational fear of vaccines that caused all the stupid anti-vaxx stuff to begin with.
People who refuse the covid vaccine will do so 100% for hyper-partisan, tribal culture wars.

They may piggyback on anti-vaxx nonsense, but it really has nothing to do with it this time. These could be people who don’t think twice about getting the flu vaccine.

This is 100% true of the vaccines that have been developed, tested, studies, then widely administered.

If we are injecting people in December it will mean we haven’t done a single study of effects for over 1 year.
So while it’s certainly possible it is safe, it is certainly possible in a normal development cycle it wouldnt have been used and a different safer or more effective vaccine would be used.

if the vaccine hits the market in January...I’m taking it because I have health complications that make me more at risk.

if the vaccine hits the market in January and you need a booster every two months...I wouldn’t blame anyone under 25 for not getting it. Almost zero risk of COVID for them or inject yourself with something that hasn’t been studied for long term effects?

People who refuse the covid vaccine will do so 100% for hyper-partisan, tribal culture wars.

They may piggyback on anti-vaxx nonsense, but it really has nothing to do with it this time. These could be people who don’t think twice about getting the flu vaccine.
Over 60% of people don’t get a flu vaccine

Wow when did college/university, drivers licenses, and bank accounts become constitutional rights?

I’m sure there will be no rush to get a covid vaccine approved. Yeah right.If your under 65 with no underlying health conditions you will be forced to comply and get the vaccine. Interesting how the studies and doctors who say cloth masks are basically worthless are bullied into silence. Osterholm from the U has basically said as much He’s widely regarded as a world class expert. Now he just doesn’t comment on it. Mask police got him and. I assume eventually the vaccine police will be knocking at the door. How a pandemic became a political issue is ridiculous and the left shares much of the blame

But, if a driver's license is a constitutional right, doesn't that mean it's illegal to deny me a driver's license?
Dude your reading into this way to much. Basically he's saying it would be silly to take away a drivers license, bank account, you name it, because someone doesn't get a vaccine. People are gonna do what they wanna do with their life. It's not your job to decide for them.

Dude your reading into this way to much. Basically he's saying it would be silly to take away a drivers license, bank account, you name it, because someone doesn't get a vaccine. People are gonna do what they wanna do with their life. It's not your job to decide for them.
People don't get to do whatever they want with their life. Laws prevent me from walking into your house and walking off with your TV.

So that's a silly argument.

If enough people demand a law that places restrictions/penalties on people who refuse to take the covid vaccine, then that law would be just as valid as any other.

I doubt the ninth amendment applies, either. Though I'm sure someone would try to sue claiming it does.

When they added the 9th amendment
Of course, that was not at all the point of the ninth amendment. But people similarly pervert the first two amendments to suit their agendas.

People don't get to do whatever they want with their life. Laws prevent me from walking into your house and walking off with your TV.

So that's a silly argument.

If enough people demand a law that places restrictions/penalties on people who refuse to take the covid vaccine, then that law would be just as valid as any other.

I doubt the ninth amendment applies, either. Though I'm sure someone would try to sue claiming it does.
by this logic, jim crow laws were valid.

A drivers license is not a Constitutional right, but you’re wasting your time talking about implementing laws tying it to a requirement for a Covid vaccine. That’s just silly.

A drivers license is not a Constitutional right, but you’re wasting your time talking about implementing laws tying it to a requirement for a Covid vaccine. That’s just silly.
Why would a new law be required? The state government (some agency, I presume) already has the authority to create requirements to apply for a license.

Such as, you need to be 16 years old. That’s no less arbitrary than requiring proof of covid vaccination.

Furthermore, I would like the state dept of health to establish a database of every Minnesotan who has been vaccinated and the date, for easy lookup.

Mpls - I understand what you're saying.

But I think it would almost impossible to enforce. and - like it or not - the SCOTUS would most likely grant a 'religious' exemption, creating a loophole big enough to drive a house through. All the anti-vaxxers would claim they were refusing the vaccine for religious reasons.

but, my gut tells me that it does not have to be a law to have an impact. I suspect a lot of businesses will make it a requirement for hiring. apply for a job - have to show proof of vaccination. Colleges could go that route for on-campus housing - no proof of vaccination, no dorm room.

And - getting back to Football - I'll bet the house that every D1 FB program will tell its scholarship players that they need to show proof of vaccination to participate in team activities.

I'm not though? I'm literally taking their words at face value.

Mpls - I understand what you're saying.

But I think it would almost impossible to enforce. and - like it or not - the SCOTUS would most likely grant a 'religious' exemption, creating a loophole big enough to drive a house through. All the anti-vaxxers would claim they were refusing the vaccine for religious reasons.

but, my gut tells me that it does not have to be a law to have an impact. I suspect a lot of businesses will make it a requirement for hiring. apply for a job - have to show proof of vaccination. Colleges could go that route for on-campus housing - no proof of vaccination, no dorm room.

And - getting back to Football - I'll bet the house that every D1 FB program will tell its scholarship players that they need to show proof of vaccination to participate in team activities.
As long as it’s not the government, then it’s just fine when someone tells you what to do. :rolleyes:

What a stupid, sick mentality to hold and pass down. It’s the reason this country sucks at covid, among other things.

He should just let you do it regardless, because insurance will cover it, right? ;)

Top Bottom