Oy - Police investigate case involving four suspended Gophers players

We were 4 guys down and still dominated. Hope they learned their lesson http://www.startribune.com/postgame...uspended-lingen-s-injury-a-concern/392995971/

I didn't realize all four of them were suspended. And Lingen was moving gingerly when he got to the sidelines.

Claeys acknowledged that he's concerned about tight end Brandon Lingen, who left the game after landing hard on his left shoulder. That's the shoulder Lingen has had surgically repaired, though Claeys said this injury doesn't relate to the surgery.

I was at the game and was unaware of this. Only concern I had coming out of the game was the secondary's inability to make a play on the ball....
Even though coverage was tight....

Just follow the rules and this won't be a problem. Hopefully the message has been sent.

Sarcasm font: Western Michigan might get some recruits to come home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhhh! The Minneapolis Police Department is investigating a case that mentions four Gophers football players who were suspended for Saturday’s 58-28 win over Indiana State at TCF Bank Stadium.

Prior to the game, the Gophers suspended cornerbacks KiAnte Hardin and Ray Buford, safety Dior Johnson and defensive end Tamarion Johnson.

“We are working to determine how they are involved in the case at this time,” the police department said in a statement given to the Pioneer Press. “There is no further information that we can release.”
http://www.twincities.com/2016/09/10/gophers-suspend-cornerbacks-kianta-hardin-and-ray-buford/

Right after Reggie Lynch is cleared. Hopefully nothing comes of it.

Jesus H. Hoping this is nothing but fearing the worst.

Right after Reggie Lynch is cleared. Hopefully nothing comes of it.

Sure hope for everyone involved that it is not anything serious like that initial allegation.

Suspensions mean allegations.
Convictions means proof.

Is it really too hard for these kids to stay out of trouble? Being on scholarship and a team should mean something.

Oh crap.

Is it really too hard for these kids to stay out of trouble? Being on scholarship and a team should mean something.

Innocent until proven guilty. Let's wait until we get the story...

We are working to determine how they are involved in the case at this time,” the police department said in a statement given to the Pioneer Press. “There is no further information that we can release.”

Seems like an interesting way to word this.

Kyle, the lead guy on the 247 site: "This is potentially very very bad. Claeys digging, as is Coyle though and they'll pay hard punishment to anyone involved from early word hearing."

We are working to determine how they are involved in the case at this time,” the police department said in a statement given to the Pioneer Press. “There is no further information that we can release.”

Seems like an interesting way to word this.

They make it sound like the police heard four players were suspended and need to find out why.

I sure hope this turns out better than the last time the football team had four players get in trouble at the same time.

before you wrote "kevin dorsey type stuff" if its more videos of gang bangs, these guys are idiots.

With a question mark at the end.

Rumor is now that it involves theft. Someone on another site posted that for the police to be involved, it basically has to be 1) beat someone up 2) sexual assault 3) theft or 4) drugs. Any way you slice it, this ain't about jay walking.

The words "police" and "investigation" used together usually are not a good thing for the people involved. Although Claeys might be playing it safe by suspending the players until they are cleared of any wrongdoing, there must have been something serious that happened for this to have occurred. Like the old saying goes, where there is smoke, there is fire. I just hope these four had nothing to do with it and it turns out that they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

With a question mark at the end.

Rumor is now that it involves theft. Someone on another site posted that for the police to be involved, it basically has to be 1) beat someone up 2) sexual assault 3) theft or 4) drugs. Any way you slice it, this ain't about jay walking.

not sure if it matters, but is it university police or u of m po-po?

I really hope nothing comes of this both because I hope they didn't do anything to hurt anyone else and/or jeopardize their future, but also because we really need some of them to contribute to this team.

Kiante from Webb City MO where Jerry Kill coached HS Football and three kids from Detroit MI.

What where they thinking to potentially piss away their ticket to free college education? I hope it is rectifiable.

Kiante from Webb City MO where Jerry Kill coached HS Football and three kids from Detroit MI.

What where they thinking to potentially piss away their ticket to free college education? I hope it is rectifiable.
They are 19-20 old males. Having been one of those awhile back, I can safely assume they were not thinking.

Top Bottom