Other Games Thread Week 2

That seals that. Congrats to Oregon. I can't see them going undefeated though.

Maybe the single worst day in Big Ten history?

That seals that. Congrats to Oregon. I can't see them going undefeated though.

Glad I can turn it off just so I don't have to listen to Gus Johnson any more.

I know there are a lot of people who like him, but count me as one who can't stand him.

20-0 BYU over Texas. If you haven't seen the highlight of their QB scrambling for a 25 yard TD, watch the highlight.

BYU kicking some Texas ass to the tune of 20-0. Nice! :clap:

Man, has Texas seriously fallen from grace over the last few seasons. Oh well. Hopefully that just means more state of Texas recruits for everyone else to come swipe, including our Gophers.

Interesting statistics in the Savannah St vs Georgia Southern game....GA Southern won 83-9 and rushed for 599 yards but Savannah St was ahead on time of possession 34:05 to 25:55.

Yeah that is crazy. After further research, looks like GA Southern scored a TD on every possession (other than the one to end the half). The average length of the 12 scoring drives was 4.67 plays.

Yeah that is crazy. After further research, looks like GA Southern scored a TD on every possession (other than the one to end the half). The average length of the 12 scoring drives was 4.67 plays.

There's still probably a few Southern fans out there tonight lamenting their lack of a passing game...

What's scary is Nebraska and Iowa are on the half of the Big Ten feeling good about their game today. And neither team should be feeling good.

I can't help it, I'm cheering for Va Tech. I dislike Urban Meyer.

this is an absolute decimation of the big ten's rep tonight. ouch

I know Va Tech is picked to win their half of the ACC, but they are not ranked and they are at #8 tosu and winning.

Michael Brewer (VT quarterback) is the Texas Tech transfer right? I thought we should've gone after him in the offseason. Looks like he'd be an upgrade.

What's scary is Nebraska and Iowa are on the half of the Big Ten feeling good about their game today. And neither team should be feeling good.

So many of these teams that are struggling today are the same teams that have had many of us biting our nails as we look ahead at our "tough" schedule.

The Gophs can beat anybody in the Big Ten this year. Anybody.

Indiana could be beat anybody this year. It's going to be a wild ride.

funchess hurt. that could be massive for our game against michigan

I just keep thinking the Big Ten is ripe for the picking. I sure hope the Gophers can stay healthy and develop a passing game when they need it.

It's still early in the season and we have a lot of work to do. These teams will get better and we need to do the same to have a chance to make some noise in the conference this year.

I wouldn't mind him missing our game, but I hope it's not serious. He's a hell of a player.

Adam Rittenberg said it looked really bad. I didn't see it, but apparently it's not good for him.

Scratch that, he's back on the field now. So my next question is: What the hell is Hoke doing putting him back in the game?

Ohio St can't run the ball at all (which isn't due to a missing QB), and they can't pass either. You'd think a school like that would have a backup QB better than any in our system. Maybe they just miss Bobek more than they thought.

Adam Rittenberg said it looked really bad. I didn't see it, but apparently it's not good for him.

Scratch that, he's back on the field now. So my next question is: What the hell is Hoke doing putting him back in the game?

It was one of those awkward looking lower body contortions, but I couldn't tell for sure what he injured. Surprised he's back in the game, he looked like he was on some pain.

Ohio St scores a TD and is only down 7.

21-14 Va Tech with 3:01 left in 3rd

Top Bottom