Other Games Thread Week 2

I've been impressed with how W. Illinois has been able to bottle up Gordon. He has just 30 yards and a good 20 of that came on one carry.

Nebraska game interesting too, McNeese 21-24 Nebraska on ESPNU

McNeese State punches it in, Nebraska up only 24-21 with 13:45 to go.

McNeese St. down close to the goal line down 3 with 6 minutes left.

Can someone give a quick summary of the Nebraska game? This is in Lincoln.

Can someone give a quick summary of the Nebraska game? This is in Lincoln.

I haven't seen much of the game but it looks like NE has struggled. Abdullah just bailed them out though as NE scored with 20 seconds left to go up 7. It was a third down and he should have been stopped short of the first. He broke a bunch of tackles and took the pass 58 yards. Incredible play.

I did see earlier that McNeese St. took a pick back 98 yards for a TD.

Bo Pelini is lucky he has Abdullah. As impressive as they were last week, Nebraska's performance today suggests they definitely have some weaknesses. No clear-cut favorite in the West IMO, it's open for us to make a run!

Bo Pelini is lucky he has Abdullah. As impressive as they were last week, Nebraska's performance today suggests they definitely have some weaknesses. No clear-cut favorite in the West IMO, it's open for us to make a run!

I think Pelini gets canned at end of the year. I was surprised he did not get canned last year after his viral video

Wow. Northern Illinois with an unbelievable interception in the endzone. Still 0-0.

Now 0-0 at half. Snoozer.

Ouch, Washington up 37-31 on Eastern Washington at halftime. 31 points to a FCS school. Crazy.

Wow. Northern Illinois with an unbelievable interception in the endzone. Still 0-0.

Now 0-0 at half. Snoozer.

Yeah, those two teams usually have great offenses, not defenses.

Iowa continues to look unimpressive, down 7-3 to Ball St.

I think there are more people on gopherhole right now than there is at the South Florida-Maryland game today. Holy crap does it look empty.

Definitely cheering for MSU against the Ducks. Not a good throw by Cook there...just take the sack.

Iowa comes back to beat Ball St. As much as we are complaining about our performance today and this year, other Big Ten teams have looked worse.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but Drew Hare, the son of former Gopher Andy Hare, is playing QB for Northern Illinois (splitting time with two other guys).

Definitely cheering for MSU against the Ducks. Not a good throw by Cook there...just take the sack.

State needs to give this conference a little boost after today. I'll even cheer for Michigan too.

Although I was hoping for Nebraska and Iowa losses up to the last second.

I had msu all over the pts with ore.....and for a win.

someone needs to swat those ore blobs with a tennis racket

After seeing the scores around the league, we definitely look like we're in the upper echelon of the league this year. Iowa has looked pretty awful in their wins. Nebraska barely escaped today. NW looks like a dumpster fire again. OSU looking like it's in for a battle with VT. Michigan will be interesting to watch against ND. Big Ten's status will be decided entirely by MSU, who's looking good so far. If they go down though, it's going to take someone else being an undefeated team for the B10 to get into the Playoffs.

Washington ended up only giving up 52 points to Eastern Washington.

Michigan St is falling apart. I figured that the B10 needed to go 2-1 at least in these big 3 games in order to save face. Very possible they will go 0-3.

BYU, sure enough is up 6-0 in the 2nd half on Texas. No interest in watching a field goal a quarter type of game, but the favored team is winning.

Michigan St is falling apart. I figured that the B10 needed to go 2-1 at least in these big 3 games in order to save face. Very possible they will go 0-3.

What's sad is that it is the defense that has fallen apart for Sparty. They've been gashed on huge TD passes.

And to be honest, Michigan St dominated much of the first half, so they certainly look like they belong.

Interesting statistics in the Savannah St vs Georgia Southern game....GA Southern won 83-9 and rushed for 599 yards but Savannah St was ahead on time of possession 34:05 to 25:55.

Top Bottom