Other Games Thread for November 16

Oh my goodness, I can't believe Michigan tied the game. That might be the fastest FG setup in history.

Northwestern just can't get a break. I really feel bad for them. The guy at the far right side on the line was never set. Easily should have been a penalty.

I just turned the channel over to the other Big Ten game, the kicking match between Michigan and Northwestern. Northwestern should be penalized 15 yards for those horrible looking uniforms.

Just 15? You're too kind.

There used to be a thing called good taste.

Elsewhere, Duke (Duke!) will control their own destiny to the ACC title game if they can hold on to a 15-point lead with 5 minutes to play. And they have two winnable games left on their schedule...

That was a great kick. Poor Northwestern...

Am I the only who noticed the Michigan right side TE never get set when they kicked the FG? That absolutely has to be called in a situation where the team is in a hurry.

Northwestern just can't get a break. I really feel bad for them. The guy at the far right side on the line was never set. Easily should have been a penalty.

I thought the same. Got to give credit to Michigan for getting the kick off. I thought time would expire for sure. A Mason-like finish for the Cats.

Am I the only who noticed the Michigan right side TE never get set when they kicked the FG? That absolutely has to be called in a situation where the team is in a hurry.

You are correct. It would have been a 10 second run off and game over. Refs blew it.

It's so fun to see Nebraska lose. I love it. Now we need Northwestern to finish off Michigan and stun Michigan St next week.

I think jNW could use some momentum leading into next week.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe Michigan tied the game. That might be the fastest FG setup in history.

Seems to me that there was a game at the Dome where Purdue, with the help of a very slow clock, also got a FG in pretty quickly..:banghead:

I thnk he was set, you only have to set for 1 second and appear he was. The officals are not gonna call a penalty, when it was none on that one.

I thnk he was set, you only have to set for 1 second and appear he was. The officals are not gonna call a penalty, when it was none on that one.

#84 appeared to have set, then re-set just before the snap. I don't think it was ever a full second. Doesn't matter either way now though.

The kicker wasn't set for a second either. Hoping NW can hold on in 2OT

#84 appeared to have set, then re-set just before the snap. I don't think it was ever a full second. Doesn't matter either way now though.

From the end zone, the H probably did not see his inside arm still moving. Tough call either way.

Wow you're absolutely correct. I was specifically looking for this kind of movement and didn't notice it until you pointed out the specific player. He definitely moved. Also love how quick the refs moved. The guy who spotted the ball didn't even look over to the sideline..just set it down. Either way, a miraculous finish and a fun game to watch.

That was Purdue, NW won in a Hail Mary.

Yes, I was at that game too. Purdue got a field goal with one second left after a first down, so much for a hometown clock operator there. Also, Purdue got a TD in overtime that shouldn't have counted because of the stupid lines in the endzone. As I walked out of the Metrodome fuming the Boilermaker train was hooting in my ear. I wanted to punch that thing.

Totally bummed at the outcome (and do think a penalty was missed on that fg), but man that was a fun, hard fought game.

That pretty much guarantees that Michigan will be selected over the Gophers for a bowl if the Gophers don't win either of their last two. Thought there might be a shot for an eight-win Minnesota to get selected over a six-win Michigan but that's out the window now.

Also, how 'bout that Auburn-Georgia game? Insane TD for Auburn to take the lead.

Unreal play for Auburn. These plays are why College Football is so great.

Also, how 'bout that Auburn-Georgia game? Insane TD for Auburn to take the lead.

+1 Auburn blows a 17-point lead in the 4th, but on 4th down and 18 from the their own 27, they get a 73 yard TD pass with under a minute to play.

And UGA gonna have a chance to win this thing!

Top Bottom