Other Bowl Games Thread

Gotta say, I enjoyed seeing Michigan lose..... Quite a 2nd half though....
Harbaugh burning timeouts during FSU's victory formation shows what a d'bag he can be.

Outside of Iowa and Sconnie,
i'm all B1G. Hate FSU.
That was a blown call on that offsides, fun game tho...

i'm all B1G. Hate FSU.

Harbaugh is a deal breaker for me... I just do not care for him.

i'm all B1G. Hate FSU.
Oh, don't worry. King Dink will be sure to point out the refs blew it. Nevermind his guys not being able to tackle when it counted.

B1G so far at 2W - 3L:

12/26 QUICK LANE (Detroit) BOSTON COLLEGE 36 - (L) MARYLAND 30
12/27 HOLIDAY (San Diego) (W)MINNESOTA 17 - WASHINGTON STATE 12
12/28 PINSTRIPE (New York City) (W)NORTHWESTERN 31 - PITTSBURGH 24
12/30 MUSIC CITY (Nashville) TENNESSEE 38 - (L)NEBRASKA 24
12/30 ORANGE (Miami) FLORIDA STATE 33 - (L)MICHIGAN 32
12/31 FIESTA (Glendale AR) OHIO STATE vs CLEMSON
01/02 OUTBACK (Tampa) FLORIDA vs IOWA
01/02 COTTON (Arlington TX) WESTERN MICHIGAN vs WISCONSIN
01/02 ROSE (Pasadena CA) PENN STATE vs USC

What were point spreads on big Ten games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1G not doing so far at 2W - 3L:

12/26 QUICK LANE (Detroit) BOSTON COLLEGE 36 - MARYLAND 30
12/27 HOLIDAY (San Diego) MINNESOTA 17 - WASHINGTON STATE 12
12/28 PINSTRIPE (New York City) NORTHWESTERN 31 - PITTSBURGH 24
12/30 MUSIC CITY (Nashville) TENNESSEE 38 - NEBRASKA 24
12/30 ORANGE (Miami) FLORIDA STATE 33 - MICHIGAN 32
And I don't like our chances other than the Wisconsin game. Good thing the maroon and gold came thru for the conference!

B1G so far at 2W - 3L:

Make it 2-4 with Indiana losing to Utah in Foster Farms Bowl

FIFY:

B1G not doing so well so far at 2W - WL:

12/28 FOSTER FARM (Santa Clara CA) UTAH 26 - (L) INDIANA 24

I'm usually all for baking the B1G, but....

10/31/15. Minnesota vs. Michigan.

The Michigan booster who sat next to me with his family commented to me as he left after the stunning conclusion of the game, "Well, all is right in the world now", said with a smug grin. I've not gotten over it yet, but games like tonight help, for at least a moment or two.

Is it a little amusing to anyone else how much is being made of Jabril Peppers not playing for Michigan? Granted, amazing player. Much bigger bowl game than the Holiday Bowl. But, clearly, MN was much more short handed and gutted out a win.

The Michigan booster who sat next to me with his family commented to me as he left after the stunning conclusion of the game, "Well, all is right in the world now", said with a smug grin. I've not gotten over it yet, but games like tonight help, for at least a moment or two.
Interestingly, when my mon, one of the biggest Wolverine backers to ever grace this earth, left the game at the dome in 2003, all she could say to me was "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." For the record, it didn't ease my pain.

Is it a little amusing to anyone else how much is being made of Jabril Peppers not playing for Michigan? Granted, amazing player. Much bigger bowl game than the Holiday Bowl. But, clearly, MN was much more short handed and gutted out a win.

That game had a national championship feeling, but remember only 3 games mean anything.
Bowl games are only meaningless to NFL fans and media that writes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone else hear why two Louisville guys aren't playing today? They have gunshot wounds from being accidentally shot while celebrating Jackson's Heisman.

I'm not a fan of Paul Finebaum because of his overwhelming SEC bias, but this clip of him ripping Michigan fans is hilarious:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/paul-finebaum-continues-ranting-against-michigan-fans-calls-them-the-most-arrogant.html

Leave it up to the Big Ten West to carry the conference in the bowl games. Will any teams from the east division win a game?

I'm not a fan of Paul Finebaum because of his overwhelming SEC bias, but this clip of him ripping Michigan fans is hilarious:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/paul-finebaum-continues-ranting-against-michigan-fans-calls-them-the-most-arrogant.html

From the link:

ESPN and SEC Network personality Paul Finebaum really, really doesn’t like the Michigan Wolverines or their fans. In February, Finebaum went after Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh, calling him “the Donald Trump of college football,” and in September, Finebaum asked “Is there a more pathetic fan base in America than the University of Michigan? What a whiny and sniveling bunch.” In October, Finebaum called Michigan fans “some of the most unrealistic people that I’ve ever encountered” and said “When you win a championship, call me back.” He’s at it again; when Finebaum appeared on Mike and Mike (with guest hosts Jon “Stugotz” Weiner and Mike Golic Jr.) on ESPN2 Thursday, he once again decided to go bl

One of my colleagues years ago was an insufferable Michigan grad and football fan. I've been subjected to audio tapes of old Schembechler speeches and game calls from the 60s on ski trips.

To be fair, I've had intercourse with a few SEC fans after their losses to the likes of Boise St and Utah and they are invariably totally insufferable, in denial, and invariably blame the losses on gimmick plays. To which my reply is that football is all about misdirection and trickery down to its core. Simply because some plays are pulled out less commonly than others doesn't mean they are illegitimate. Football is football. All is fair within the rules and one would be a fool to not use trickery.

JC Hassenauer #63 is listed as a Jr. as is the Alabama starting center #75 today. Has JC played or been utilized at other spots? Will he play?

JC Hassenauer #63 is listed as a Jr. as is the Alabama starting center #75 today. Has JC played or been utilized at other spots? Will he play?

He has played on and off in a lot of games (see below). Has not started. He would have looked really good in maroon and gold and likely been a starter at C or G from day 1 if he would have signed with MN.

2016 (Junior)

The Crimson Tide’s backup center in 2016 ... has played nine games for the Tide in 2016 and in 16 career contests.

2015 (Sophomore)

Reserve offensive lineman who played in seven games ... saw his most extensive action at No. 9 Texas A&M, taking over for Ryan Kelly late in the first half and finishing the game.

2014 (Freshman)

Came off the bench against Texas A&M to help the Crimson Tide at center.

Alabama defensive back hammered a Washington receiver, straight on head to head... targeting was not even a thought...

Will Alabama get called for holding today? My gut says no. Already missed two obvious ones.

He has played on and off in a lot of games (see below). Has not started. He would have looked really good in maroon and gold and likely been a starter at C or G from day 1 if he would have signed with MN.

2016 (Junior)

The Crimson Tide’s backup center in 2016 ... has played nine games for the Tide in 2016 and in 16 career contests.

2015 (Sophomore)

Reserve offensive lineman who played in seven games ... saw his most extensive action at No. 9 Texas A&M, taking over for Ryan Kelly late in the first half and finishing the game.

2014 (Freshman)

Came off the bench against Texas A&M to help the Crimson Tide at center.

I'd guess backups get a lot of second half run on a team like Alabama

Washington hurting themselves. Gave up a pick 6 and then couldn't recover a fumble. Two huge plays.

Why would Alabama fans chant SEC, SEC? Are they doing this for all the other teams in the conference?

Why would Alabama fans chant SEC, SEC? Are they doing this for all the other teams in the conference?

Actually other SEC fans should be chanting "Bama,Bama". Alabama is the only elite team in what this year has been a mediocre league.

Top Bottom