Other Bowl Games Thread

Penn St shutout in the 4th, B1G East shutout of hardware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helluva Rose Bowl, anyway you slice it.
Which is why I want to see the Gophers play in it before I die...

I mentioned to my wife that if it ever happens, it will be the biggest crowd of Maroon I'd ever seen

AMEN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone has to edit the Brett Favre tape that McSorley watches and take the bonehead throws out.

That was a crazy fun game. Easily the best game I saw this year (huge swings in momentum both ways). Each team had a point where you'd say they can't possibly lose, and did lose the lead. I told my wife, when 49 isn't enough, it's a bad day...

Well, that was the marquee bowl game. Long but a good one.

Big East 0 - 5, B1G West 3 - 2.

Someone has to edit the Brett Favre tape that McSorley watches and take the bonehead throws out.

When he gift-wrapped the game on 2nd down and USC dropped it I thought for sure they would run and play for OT on 3rd

At least Penn State didnt give a "Iowa 2016 Rose Bowl" effort.

Just was telling my USC buddy, do you think there has ever been another time a team has scored a touchdown in seven straight possessions and still lost? I'd bet it's never happened. Someone call Elias...

Why is Joe Mixon playing tonight? Different standards for different schools I guess?

When he gift-wrapped the game on 2nd down and USC dropped it I thought for sure they would run and play for OT on 3rd

Oddly, it was PSU going into a shell on offense for the previous 14 minutes that led to the 2nd and 3rd and long. PSU needed to make that 3rd-and-4 to win the game the previous series with a 7-point lead - you knew USC was going to tie it if they didn't - and chose to run instead of pass. They pulled a Glen Mason, trying to rely on a defense that couldn't stop the opponent instead of trying to win the damn game.

Going into the 4th quarter, USC was going to win that game if Penn State didn't get to 50 points, period. And it happened. Gopher fans would be all to familiar to how that ended.

Oddly, it was PSU going into a shell on offense for the previous 14 minutes that led to the 2nd and 3rd and long. PSU needed to make that 3rd-and-4 to win the game the previous series with a 7-point lead - you knew USC was going to tie it if they didn't - and chose to run instead of pass. They pulled a Glen Mason, trying to rely on a defense that couldn't stop the opponent instead of trying to win the damn game.

To be fair, their running back was gashing USC most of the 2nd half. He was ripping 5 yard runs like there were easy.

To be fair, their running back was gashing USC most of the 2nd half. He was ripping 5 yard runs like there were easy.

Yes, but he didn't the last 3 drives, as USC was playing for the expected Penn State conservatism...and got exactly what they wanted. PSU just needed one more first down to win the game and instead they turtled - just like any Gopher team I've watched in my lifetime.

Yes, but he didn't the last 3 drives, as USC was playing for the expected Penn State conservatism...and got exactly what they wanted. PSU just needed one more first down to win the game and instead they turtled - just like any Gopher team I've watched in my lifetime.

Limegrover ;)

Watching the bowls today, where do they get these QBs? USC's is a freshman! Good grief.

Watching the bowls today, where do they get these QBs? USC's is a freshman! Good grief.

I was saying if the Gophers had just one QB like any of these in my lifetime, I'd be happy. If they had one QB as good as the backup for the backup on OSU, I'd probably be happy.

One of the best Rose Bowls ever. Glad to see Pedifile U go down. Darland the USC QB has one of the quickest releases I've ever seen.

Half time analysts are lame. Might as well just pull out a card table on the sideline. [emoji849]. Also, I think I would rather play in the Vikings stadium than the superdome. That place is kind of a dump.

Search the web for the outrage. That's better than me trying to paraphrase but it was basically that Mixon was doing OK after the incident, they gave him a second chance, and that he hopes he goes on to to do well in the NFL. Almost made him seem like the victim.

Points scored in Rose Bowl: 101
Points scored by Rams in LA this season: 89

Search the web for the outrage. That's better than me trying to paraphrase but it was basically that Mixon was doing OK after the incident, they gave him a second chance, and that he hopes he goes on to to do well in the NFL. Almost made him seem like the victim.

I thought it might have been something along the lines of "watermelon-eating grin."

Top Bottom