Other B1G Games Thread

You will have a frustrating year cheering for the gophers if you think NW,NE, and Penn state will be easy victories. Anyone has a chance to beat us. Penn state should have.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Easy victories? No. Games that we should win. Yup. Not sure what makes you think that Penn State should have beaten us.

If Ohio State hit rock bottom against the Gophers, what was tonight?

The bottom of rock bottom?

In the Nebraska game, Matta did something he never does, he called a timeout and benched a player immediately after a mistake. That was when Amir Williams turned the ball over on an extremely lazy pass at the top of the key that led to 2 points for Nebraska and Williams didn't get back in the game because he played so poorly, and OSU went without a center the entire second half. And it was a good decision. Amir Williams has been a bad addition to OSU's team because he isn't a good player and yet he is a former McDonald's All-American so other top recruits know that and think he's tough to compete with for minutes, but he really isn't. Compounding the issue is Trey McDonald is the only other big man they have, and he's even worse. Matta has struck out on recruiting big men each of the past 2 recruiting classes and it has caught up to him now. Williams is a player who can be good when he wants to be, but he only wants to be once every 10 games when he's playing against a quality big man.

This may be the first year that Matta has coached since 2005 where OSU will not have a 1st team All-Big Ten player - that is part of the problem, too, Matta likes to cater to star players and there aren't any on this team.

I think they will turn things around eventually this year, and could perhaps end up something like a 5 or 6 seed, but Williams has to get his head on straight and other guys need to find some confidence offensively.

I want that Ohio St win to look as good as possible as it may be our best win of the season. They can win every game against the rest of the Big Ten and that would be cool with me.

For RPI it's marginal. I agree, we need 'good' wins and OSU is one of them. But I think they'll turn around enough to still be an NCAA team. Let's add Wisconsin to the list on Wednesday and not worry about it.

RPI top-25, RPI top-50, and RPI top-100 wins. That's what we want. ... as many as possible.

Despite their 4-game skid, Ohio State still sits in the first group (#15), and it's highly improbable they'll drop any lower than the second group (#26-50). But I agree, would prefer to see the Buckeyes get the train back on the track enough to ensure at the end of the season they remain a top-25 win.

There's not one game remaining on the Gophers schedule that I consider a sure-fire win. That's how competitive it's become even at the bottom of the Big Ten. I'm glad the Gophers already have the win @ Penn State out of the way; Nitts are competitive, too.

There's also not a game remaining on the Gophers schedule that I consider a sure-fire loss. Sparty and Iowa are the only elite teams in the conference, but we get Iowa at The Barn so I won't rule that one out, either.

I don't think our OSU victory will hold up very well. Let's beat Wisconsin tomorrow to secure another good win.

This PU - NU game is awful. First one to 50 wins.

Edit: first one to 46 wins.

There was more points scored in the 1st half of michigan wisconsin game than there has been after 1 OT of this NW-Purdue game

Cardiac Cats win 3rd straight in double OT.

And Gophers move into 5th place:

Michigan State 7-0 18-1
Michigan 5-0 13-4
Iowa 4-1 15-3
Wisconsin 3-2 16-2
Minnesota 3-3 14-5
Purdue 3-3 13-6
Northwestern 3-4 10-10
Ohio State 2-4 15-4
Illinois 2-4 13-6
Indiana 2-4 12-7
Nebraska 1-4 9-8
Penn State 0-6 9-10

And Gophers move into 5th place: Michigan State 7-0 18-1 Michigan 5-0 13-4 Iowa 4-1 15-3 Wisconsin 3-2 16-2 Minnesota 3-3 14-5 Purdue 3-3 13-6 Northwestern 3-4 10-10 Ohio State 2-4 15-4 Illinois 2-4 13-6 Indiana 2-4 12-7 Nebraska 1-4 9-8 Penn State 0-6 9-10

There is a significant drop off from those top 4 it seems. Let's hold on to that 5th spot all year or sneak up on UW

A great opportunity for the Gophers tomorrow night. Who would have guessed NU would be ahead of Ohio St and Indiana?

A win tomorrow and we become one of those top 4.

After the most difficult stretch of the schedule. Let's win tonight. Great on so many levels, ncluding making the walk to the car a little warmer.

Pitino got his true introduction to Williams Arena in the Ohio State game. Here's hoping the noise level tonight blows that one out of the water. The 8 o'clock tipoffs help.

I'm glad Penn State finally won one too. I always feel bad for those kids when the team is winless.

Illinois is over ranked if they are in the top 50. It looks like a bunch of guys playing aau ball all trying to one up one another.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Illinois is over ranked if they are in the top 50. It looks like a bunch of guys playing aau ball all trying to one up one another.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't believe they were ever ranked.

Iowa game vs Mich St

Slow first half - but now things are heating up.

Michigan State looks like they'll beat Iowa and the refs. 43 free throws and counting compared to 18 for MSU

Michigan State looks like they'll beat Iowa and the refs. 43 free throws and counting compared to 18 for MSU

Part of that was Iowa sitting in a 2-3 zone all game and MSU basically jacking up a ton of 3s rather than attacking it. Regardless, good win for Sparty.

Nice win for Sparty. Izzo does it again. Best coach in CBB period.

And now 2/3 of the way to a Mizzou +227, MSU +210, LSU +145 parlay. Go LSU!

Top Bottom