Other B1G Games Thread

I think we are finding out that Michigan is a pretty good team. That loss at home doesn't look so bad now.

I think we are finding out that Michigan is a pretty good team. That loss at home doesn't look so bad now.

Yeah, they are really adapting to life after McGary very well. As always, they have a ton of great shooters. Horford and Morgan have really stepped up nicely in the post. They are a fun team to watch.

Purdue down 3 at home with 3:30 left to play to Penn State. Another good win brewing for the Gophers?

EDIT: Penn State played a terrible last 30 seconds. Lose by one.

Boy did Penn State choke that game away in the last 10 seconds. Backed off and let Johnson shoot a 3, then turnover on the inbounds (though I thought Purdue fouled), then foul on the Purdue inbounds. Wow. Dang, we almost had a day when Illinois, Indiana and Purdue all lost at home.

Come to think of it, Purdue could have lost at home to both Nebraska and Penn State.

John Groce is starting to give Bo Ryan a run for his money as the biggest crybaby coach in the league. Blowing his top over a very fairly officiated game at home. Illinois bumps an MSU guy, gets called for a foul, and Groce looks like his head is going to explode. Hahahaha

Anyone watching Louisville vs Uconn?

UCONN player pump-faked a three, defender went up and came down on the shooter and knocked him down. No call by the ref. UCONN coach ran down the line and complained vehemently. The ref T's him once, then twice and ejected him, all in about 3 seconds. Totally BS.

Our "friends" over at Buckyville are starting to blame the Badgers' last two losses on "the flu". Okie dokie.

Nebraska -Ohio St game

Nebraska up by 14 with 1:21 to go. The Buckeye meltdown continues.

The only thing better than a Buckeye meltdown is a Badger meltdown. Go Huskers!

Nebraska now melting down. Too bad. They're due for a win, I'd rather they get it out of the way.

Nebraska now melting down. Too bad. They're due for a win, I'd rather they get it out of the way.

I want that Ohio St win to look as good as possible as it may be our best win of the season. They can win every game against the rest of the Big Ten and that would be cool with me.

I want that Ohio St win to look as good as possible as it may be our best win of the season. They can win every game against the rest of the Big Ten and that would be cool with me.

+1

I think our game at Nebraska is going to be tougher than we thought. Even more reason to beat Wisconsin Wednesday.

Craft might be the most overrated PG in the history of college basketball.

You can't rush the floor against a 2-4 big ten team.

This is bad news, really puts a damper on the Gophers win over the Buckeyes. I'd love for the Nebraska/Northwestern games to be layups, but it looks like very little will be easy this year.

This is bad news, really puts a damper on the Gophers win over the Buckeyes. I'd love for the Nebraska/Northwestern games to be layups, but it looks like very little will be easy this year.

Definitely puts a damper on that win. We are still in the drivers seat though, doesn't hurt much.

If Ohio State hit rock bottom against the Gophers, what was tonight?

If Ohio State hit rock bottom against the Gophers, what was tonight?

One of the things that Pitino did mention in his radio show tonight....he thought the top four teams in the league were
1. Michigan State
2. Iowa/Michigan/Wisconsin

then a drop off to the group in fifth and below. (including the Gophers)

Obviously, the standings look this way, but I thought it was somewhat telling that he didn't include Ohio State in that upper tier.

Earlier Michigan only managed to escape Lincoln with a one point victory. Maybe the bottom of the Big Ten is better than most years. Even Penn State has come close in at least three of their Big Ten losses.

You will have a frustrating year cheering for the gophers if you think NW,NE, and Penn state will be easy victories. Anyone has a chance to beat us. Penn state should have.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If any of you guys figure any, and I mean any, game in the B1G is a "gimmee" has to come to grips with reality.

Everyone thought Nebraska was going to be trash before the season. Don't sleep on a Tim Miles coached team!

Everyone thought Nebraska was going to be trash before the season. Don't sleep on a Tim Miles coached team!

Actually everyone thought they'd be about where they are. Improved in a tough league. Best of the worst, some pundits had them in front of the gophers.

I think they'll continue to take steps forward though.

Craft might be the most overrated PG in the history of college basketball.
You're probably right. I wouldn't take him in my top-10 college PGs yet you have analysts on Twitter and TV saying they'd take him to start a team over any other player in college basketball, which is ludicrous. You don't take him to start your team unless you have other guys who can score at a high rate. Clearly this year has exposed Craft as the team has needed more points from him and he has continued to resist even trying to shoot the ball. No doubt he is not who I would want to start my team if I had the choice of anybody in college basketball.

Top Bottom