Ohio St. Opener Weather Watch / Overreaction Thread - 🌞⛅🌦⚡❄🍺

Radar makes it look like a soak...
Chanhassen KMPX is showing the precipitation "line" holding west of Hutchinson over the last hour. Maybe it will "circle around" the metro for several hours? For completely lack of correct terminology.

Chanhassen KMPX is showing the precipitation "line" holding west of Hutchinson over the last hour. Maybe it will "circle around" the metro for several hours? For completely lack of correct terminology.
Yep...that's a fundamental aspect of the holding to after KO into the game for the big stuff...don't know if there's a dry line or what, but that's the deal.

I think you were thinking of the Alberta Clipper hurtling in our direction that might be pushed off course due to the high pressure cell which has changed the barometric atmosphere overload caused by the wildfires on the west coast colliding with the hurricane winds from the south and east resulting in a circling of dry weather over the game, if I read my charts accurately. Was that it?

The leading edge was just past Alexandria at about 8am this morning. 6 hours later it still hasn't made it to Hutchinson/St Cloud. Just to get an idea of how slow it is advancing east.

I think you were thinking of the Calcutta Clipper hurtling in our direction that might be pushed off course due to the high pressure cell which has changed the barometric atmosphere overload caused by the wildfires on the west coast colliding with the hurricane winds from the south and east resulting in a circling of dry weather over the game, if I read my charts accurately. Was that it?
I fixed it for you.

The leading edge was just past Alexandria at about 8am this morning. 6 hours later it still hasn't made it to Hutchinson/St Cloud. Just to get an idea of how slow it is advancing east.
Well, another 6 puts it smack dab in the middle of the game. We will see!

The game will be rainy and blustery

This quote meant the whole game. You're wrong :)

That is a rain chance the entire game​

5 pm​

69°

59%

6 pm​

69°

66%

7 pm​

69°

45%

8 pm​

68°

38%

9 pm​

67°

51%

10 pm​

65°

46%

11 pm​

65°

76%

It wound up being manageable as a spectator. Cheapo poncho and golf rain pants, I was good.
Yeah I'm glad it was more rando and intermittent. Way more managable than sold rain.

It rained.
It did.

There was even a start of light rain as we were lining up to get into the stadium. Tailgating was great the whole time, though.

Light rain for good portions of the game. Medium rain at times.

Never heavy rain + wind, ie "blustery".

Nonetheless, I'll give Gangsta 75% credit.

It did.

There was even a start of light rain as we were lining up to get into the stadium. Tailgating was great the whole time, though.

Light rain for good portions of the game. Medium rain at times.

Never heavy rain + wind, ie "blustery".

Nonetheless, I'll give Gangsta 75% credit.
So he owes you 3 ounces of beer

Top Bottom