Ohio St. Opener Weather Watch / Overreaction Thread - 🌞⛅🌦⚡❄🍺

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
At the moment I'm seeing:

Overcast with showers at times. Low 62F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

I'm thinking we're in for a Michigan St. style rainstorm where the PA announcer has to threaten the students before they'll get out of the rain...

Looking forward to an early September snow storm. 🌨️

I'm thinking we're in for a Michigan St. style rainstorm where the PA announcer has to threaten the students before they'll get out of the rain...
Weather channel is saying high of 77 with 32% chance of rain.

They only had to do that because of lightning, which doesn't seem to be on the forecast at the moment.

Here's what I have:
Screenshot_20210827-145710.png

AccuWeather is saying 79/62 degrees with a 25% chance. I assume the "ACCU" means Accurate so they have to be the best.
I use both AccuWeather and Weather Channel and I would say in my experience Weather Channel is usually more accurate. Also Weather Underground is owned by Weather Channel so they are basically the same.

Okay, but their name is "Accu". Pretty misleading if their not the best.
It's actually Akuweather ... he just doesn't want it known that he's running the show due to past bad press so they changed the name so they could get some funding.

AKU.png

You beat me to it slab.

This unsettled weather pattern isn't going anywhere for the next 10 days. Temperatures will be in the 70s, but scattered thunderstorms could be an issue Thursday night.
Let's hope it ends up just being scattered rain showers and no thunderstorms! Unfortunately I don't have any maroon rain gear...

As long as any thunderstorms have no lightning we'll be okay...:p

I am at the cabin for the weekend. My to-do list includes bringing all my rain gear back so I will be comfortable in my Huntington Bank Stadium seats even if there is a monsoon next Thursday.

the weather is pretty bad so it is looking like an indoor weekend up north. I will likely be watching a lot of DVR Minnesota Football Classic one hour games. The following list is the games I happen to have up here. If you could only watch one, which one would it be? And, if you had to skip one, which one would that be from this list?

2000 Minnesota at Ohio State
2019 Penn State at Minnesota
2004 Music City Bowl
2020 Outback Bowl
2013 Nebraska at Minnesota
2014 Minnesota at Nebraska
2018 Quick Lane Bowl
2017 Holiday Bowl
2019 Minnesota at Rutgers
2019 Nebraska at Minnesota

Will the heating Coyles help keep the field dry?

I would think that with some barnfans running would give a hair-dryer effect.
That would prevent out defense from slipping trying to keep up with OSU's speed, wouldn't it?

Top Bottom