Ohio St. Opener Weather Watch / Overreaction Thread - 🌞⛅🌦⚡❄🍺

I am at the cabin for the weekend. My to-do list includes bringing all my rain gear back so I will be comfortable in my Huntington Bank Stadium seats even if there is a monsoon next Thursday.

the weather is pretty bad so it is looking like an indoor weekend up north. I will likely be watching a lot of DVR Minnesota Football Classic one hour games. The following list is the games I happen to have up here. If you could only watch one, which one would it be? And, if you had to skip one, which one would that be from this list?

2000 Minnesota at Ohio State
2019 Penn State at Minnesota
2004 Music City Bowl
2020 Outback Bowl
2013 Nebraska at Minnesota
2014 Minnesota at Nebraska
2018 Quick Lane Bowl
2017 Holiday Bowl
2019 Minnesota at Rutgers
2019 Nebraska at Minnesota
2000 Minnesota - Ohio State of course. If you are feeling masochistic and have a good internet connection, the 1989 OSU game is a classic Gopher domination and collapse. Has that ancient TV production feel to it.

3B06BF58-9794-4ADC-BDC8-75F8EBE9554D.jpeg
How is it ALL sun shining except for Thursday? 😆 I’m sure it’ll change in the next couple of days, but cmon!

My hope was that we'd see morning storms, then a break for the game, then more storms after the game. That's still possible, but right now I'm not sure we'll see much of a break.

The timing of the rain will become more clear as we get closer to Thursday.

I think rain helps us. We've got Tanner, they've got a freshman QB that's never played a snap of college ball. Tanner will handle bad weather better than Stroud. And lots of rain means the ground game becomes more important, and that's to our advantage as well. So, bring it on (as long as there's no lightning).

I'm sure with this forecast, snapping wet balls has made it into rotation for practice. PJ loves those types of things.

My weather app says rain, but no lightning, so at least we won't face a potential delay?Screenshot_20210829-103950.png

Rain keeps moving from only in the morning to all day to only later at night ... complete chaos.

As of now:

Thursday
A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 73. South southeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 8pm and 2am, then showers likely after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Basically, just need Wed's weather to push out one extra damn day.

It can then rain all Labor Day weekend, for all I care.

From a purely selfish standpoint, I would gladly trade rain throughout the game in exchange for a dry tailgate. Let's keep that 2-7pm window dry!

Weather is looking up y’all! Showing only 20% of rain and cloudy! Woo-hooo!

Bring on the wind and rain! Seeing 10-20 mph winds out of the SSE. That should help suppress Ohio State's passing game (one would think), especially with a first year QB.

Bring on the wind and rain! Seeing 10-20 mph winds out of the SSE. That should help suppress Ohio State's passing game (one would think), especially with a first year QB.
Agreed.
A rainy, muddy game should help us more than hurt us.

Hope it is pouring down. So their WRs will have hard time catching any balls. PJ called the rain man already :LOL::LOL:

That is a very scary situation for Louisiana. Right now it looks like the worst of it should stay to the southwest of New Orleans.
I'm in Lake Charles. A couple hundred miles to the west. Closer to Houston than N.O. We shut down everything Friday night until tomorrow (Tuesday). Nothing happened here. It has been downgraded as it travels north and all should be good for a Tulane ass kicking of the team Minnesota beats out for the final 4.

That is a very scary situation for Louisiana. Right now it looks like the worst of it should stay to the southwest of New Orleans.
Tulane's game has been moved to Oklahoma, the team has relocated to Alabama, and the entire student body is being relocated to Houston.

There seem to have been too many generations of MN football fans accustomed the the weather safety of indoor stadia and fear the least bit of precipitation.
Get a Patagonia rain jacket and man up!
Football is meant to be an outdoor game.

Top Bottom