***OFFICIAL wisconsin AT MINNESOTA BT WEST TITLE, AXE GAME IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Worst possible way to end the regular season, lose to Iowa and Wisconsin. Special season pissed away. Let’s hope they can regroup and end on a high note with a bowl victory. They ended on such a high note last year I thought they would this year and get to the BTCG by beating one of our closet rivals. Again, pissed away a golden opportunity to make their mark.

This is one of Wisconsin's best teams, and I've said that from the start.

Different year, same result. Los to Iowa and Wisconsin. Yes I understand Mn won last year.

My mom would have come up with a better game plan.

She wouldn’t have ran it twice on third and ten. Or punted from WI 34.
Lots of poor play-calling (just the opposite of Wisconsin, which was willing to gamble and surprise us) but the worst was not going for two on fourth down at their 35 in the first quarter when we were ahead 7-0. No guts, plus your brain should register that a team like Wisconsin is going to score some.

We lost today because Wisconsin played better than we did. We’re closer, but not there yet. 10-2 is a great season. If we want to win the west, we cannot loose to both Iowa and Wisconsin.

We lost today because we weren't able to establish a run game against better teams all year. Morgan's good play covered up for that for the most part but that was a big issue today as we turtled up after our 2nd drive.

We lost today because Wisconsin played better than we did. We’re closer, but not there yet. 10-2 is a great season. If we want to win the west, we cannot loose to both Iowa and Wisconsin.

Good point. The Iowa game is the one that got away. That was absolutely winnable.

Fleck is going to go to the podium, say "The loss is 100% on me," and the 4 million people that were at GameDay will nod in agreement.

Even if we win our bowl game...Do we get any respect next year? I'm expecting the media and the fans to completely ignore the team until they're 8-0 again.

Lost to the better team today. Green missed a hole on 3rd and 2 and I can see why the coaches didn't want the same thing to happen again. Lots of missed opportunities including a couple timely drops. Team will learn from today and get better at least I hope.

Did I say we lost a game because of?....PJs use of timeouts this year has been egregious...Ask anyone who follows the team.
And I am saying it doesn't really matter from a wins and losses perspective. Timeouts are overrated.

Faale out and line shuffled after really the same group together all year hurt.
Sure, but we were destroyed. Great Year, but we weren’t as good as we thought.

Do you have anything to offer other than blaming the refs? You sound like a 6-year-old.
I’m saying game-changing calls play a part. So do game-changing injuries. Gophers were on wrong side of both today, and that matters. Given those two sets of events, Wisconsin took full advantage and won the game.

Even if we win our bowl game...Do we get any respect next year? I'm expecting the media and the fans to completely ignore the team until they're 8-0 again.
We should begin the year well inside the top 20. Casual fan interest will drop a lot farther, but Ioaw comes here on September 19. Win that one and most of the casual fans are back on board.

Season way exceedEd expectation and a nice warm bowl is in the future. next year entire Oline back, qb, most receivers, some great looking ofensive recruits - the d will have the most to prove
This is one of Wisconsin's best teams, and I've said that from the start.
Yes, if you compare Gophers after 5 games vs. Badgers after 5 games, even with both undefeated this is the type of score you’d probably have expected.

It's been a fun season. But don't pretend like this game won't leave a bad taste in fan's mouths. The team will have to prove themselves again next year. They'll probably be picked to finish 6th in the conference again. And it just further perpetuates the attitude about MN sports.
Idk what I want to think of next year. Lose a lot of leadership

Completely outcoached today. Had no answer for what Wisconsin was doing. A couple of drops and a couple of missed PIs and we couldn't overcome it.

We will get respect. I expect a top 15-20 preseason ranking. We arguably have a top 2-3 QB in the conference, along with arguably the nation's top WR coming back. I also expect CAB to have a breakout year as the clear #2 option now. Although questions remain on defense, there are some pieces to work with.

We will get respect. I expect a top 15-20 preseason ranking. We arguably have a top 2-3 QB in the conference, along with arguably the nation's top WR coming back. I also expect CAB to have a breakout year as the clear #2 option now. Although questions remain on defense, there are some pieces to work with.

Our offense could be better next year. Our defense could be worse though and it wasn't great to begin with. We will need to score a lot of points.

After the Bateman TD and then the first Wisky fumble, I seriously contemplated booking my travel to Indy. Glad I held off.

After the Bateman TD and then the first Wisky fumble, I seriously contemplated booking my travel to Indy. Glad I held off.
No kidding. I almost pulled that trigger a few times leading up to this game. Glad I waited.

Stating an opinion is not freaking out. If this isn’t a choke then the word has no meaning.
Hear! Hear! This is the very model of choking in the big one. The second half should underscore that for anyone who has the capacity for critical thinking.

Top Bottom