Official USC Gameday Thread 9/3/2011

Personally, I think Shortell is doing just fine, considering.

And I love that the Gophs called a timeout here. HUGE play coming.

Shortell is doing great. Hell he is a true frosh getting thrown in there

I predict Trojan Princess will be visiting this forum soon.

Screw it, let's win this f'ing game

I know we are going to take it down for the touchdown here, but im gonna say right now" kudos gophers". Plenty of takeaways for improvement and for confidence. Nice job, regardless of how this turns out.

encouraged by second half

I want to win. But regardless, I'm really encouraged by our second half performance (and play calling!).

wow...he was mugged while running the route. Anyone can intercept a pass if the refs let that go.

McKnight pushed their CB just as much as their CB interfered with McKnight.

I only saw it once, but to me it looked like McKnight was wrapped up. Reciprocal contact was to shed the defender off his arms and body.

Heck of an effort. I hate losing, but i have a great deal of hope for our future.

especially our defensive improvement in the second half

I like: no quit. Adjustments at half. Brewster was very poor at halftime adjustments. Defense especially. Shortell, bright future. I definitely feel better about gopher football after today than i did before today.

While I wasn't enamored with the Kill hire, I can't argue that we actually have a staff that made adjustments at halftime and turned a game around. Looked like a Brewster team in the first half (no clue where to line up, how to cover, etc) and I hope the Kill team came out in the 2nd. We had our chance to drive and win, and that's all I could have asked for. I think we need to keep playing both qb's a lot this season. Good game to watch. I am proud of our effort.

Tough loss Gophers. Hell of a game though! I am definitely optimistic about the future!!

Ski-U-Mah!!

Terrific second half performance, outscored USC 14-0. Great halftime adjustments to lock up the bubble screens and short pasing game. Took advantage of USC mistakes. The buzz on Shortell is for real. But most of all, they took it on the chin early but did not fold, fought back hard, and were in a position to win with 2 minutes left. I think Kill has this team headed in the right direction.

I only saw it once, but to me it looked like McKnight was wrapped up. Reciprocal contact was to shed the defender off his arms and body.
McKnight definately pushed off on the CB. In fact, it was surprising the guy was able to make the INT, although it was mostly due to a poor pass. I did think we got the short end of some calls, but that's to be expected playing out there...

Although I wish we could've won the game, I must say I can't wait for Kill to keep working with these guys. If they keep evolving, and the offense starts clicking earlier in the game we could get real good real fast. Hats off to Kill on the adjustments in the second half and the effort of the staff to make me hear something that I haven't heard in years, namely the commentators remarking on how well the secondary was playing in the second half.

Ski-U-Mah

Top Bottom