Official USC Gameday Thread 9/3/2011

D held them to 6/15 on 3rd and 4th downs. when is the last time a gopher D did that?! very encouraging.

Gray and Shortell both had some decent stat lines (minus last play:( ). I believe as their comfort grows we are in good hands with either, but i think gray will come on strong. he showed some positive signs after settling down. I am more excited for this season than i was before the game. Go Gophs...

Very impressive Gopher effort in second half, including Shortell. The freshman will be pushing Gray, it seems - he has a lot of poise for a true freshman. Defense came alive, too. The Gophers will be in a lot of games that no one expected them to be competitive in this year. Right now, I'm happy with this coaching staff!

I'll have more to post later. Really thought I had picked a 4th quarter win and fell just a little short. At least I predicted the delay of game penalties right.

I thought our defense was fantastic. USC had some great timing for short yardage and have no idea how it could have been stopped. The Trojans offense was pretty damn good in the first half. The Gophers defense looked fantastic!! Sure, we lost. Whatever. No sacks? That is a credit to how fast the ball came out. We were there in less than two seconds every play.

Our offense needs a little work. And that may be on the coaches. They have nerves too.

Anyway...look forward to posting my diatribe later. I convinced about 20 Alabama and Tennessee fans to cheer for Coach Kill and the Gophers today. We had a blast...except for the final score of course.

And on a positive note. The Goldies were a 23 point underdog...and I am a richer man!!! That was such an easy bet.

On a negative note...Kiffin smells!

I am glad we got Kill, not Kiff...imagine what Kill would do with the talent on that club!

The game was encouraging even in a loss...

McKnight pushed their CB just as much as their CB interfered with McKnight.

There was contact both sides, you are correct. But I wish the refs would call things fairly. On a similar play when the Gophers were on D, the refs flagged them for PI. Both that and the last pass play looked very similar as far as defender/WR interaction.

But, regardless.. As much as I'm 'hurt' that we lost, I couldn't have asked for more from a true Frosh coming into the game in the 3rd and converting on 3rd downs like he did. IN hostile environment. Unreal.

There was contact both sides, you are correct. But I wish the refs would call things fairly. On a similar play when the Gophers were on D, the refs flagged them for PI. Both that and the last pass play looked very similar as far as defender/WR interaction.

But, regardless.. As much as I'm 'hurt' that we lost, I couldn't have asked for more from a true Frosh coming into the game in the 3rd and converting on 3rd downs like he did. IN hostile environment. Unreal.

A lot of positives to be taken from this game. Lots.

When Shortell threw to Jones, didn't Jones fall down and get up without being touched? I thought Marcus had a ride to the endzone.

When Shortell threw to Jones, didn't Jones fall down and get up without being touched? I thought Marcus had a ride to the endzone.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but in college once your knee is down, play is over -- doesn't matter if you're touched.

Top Bottom