Official USC Gameday Thread 9/3/2011

I like the game plan.

Slow the game waaaaaaaaaay down.

Over/under on Woods getting 20 catches or 200 yards this game?

Not even sure why I came on here...knew it would be nothing but maroon flamers...

Um...its called a game thread. We come here to talk about the good and bad as it unfolds. If it's uncomfortable or unpleasant (a reflection of the play on the field), then go start a thread about campus beautification or something.

Yeah, um, they may want to cover that guy.

Sloppy. I didn't expect that from a Kill-coached team. Bad timeouts, delays and false start penalties.

A Kill-coached team is a team that has already played actual games for him. This is a Kill-learning team.

Pretty much expected for the first game. Hopefully we play better in the 2nd half and make it a game.
The only unexpected, I thought the kicking game would be better.

Game over

Now it is just get Gray comfortable. USC much quicker than us up front.
Hopefully, USC has a couple of 3 and outs in the second half and it is not a bloodbath. Concentrate on the next 3 games.

Do you think they can show kiffin walking the sidelines a few more times on tv????????????????

wow...

I take solace in the fact that we will get better the more the boys learn the system. as for that half of football, smh...

Not too bad.

Last time we brought out real coach, the opponent was not any form of USC(heaters).

I was hopping for fewer penalties and better results on offense, but tackling looks good.

There is something to build on here.

Wow, intersting 1st half tv coverage....they had more footage of Kiffin than they did of the game...must be USC local announcers.

Pretty much what I expected. Gophers look very slow, Gray not crisp, confident - that will come later in the season, hopefully. SC's QB is awesome. It will be very interesting to see if the Gophers bring something to the second half or instead wilt. Blame Brewster for opening the season against USC on the road. This should be a tune-up against Akron or some team at that level.

First half went about as expected, maybe slightly better than expected. We all knew, or should have known, that it was going to be sloppy in the first game. Takes more than a few weeks of practice to turn things around.

Bright spots: the offensive line was able to open up some running lanes. Front seven played well against the run, especially LBs. Tinsley is playing well. After a shaky first few drives, Marquis has done better with decision-making and made some throws.

Hoped we would get one of these FGs...nuts. Glad we slowed it down and it sort of looks like a learning game of sorts?

Last time we brought out real coach, the opponent was not any form of USC(heaters).

I was hopping for fewer penalties and better results on offense, but tackling looks good.

There is something to build on here.

agree. they will get better. we need to remember that this is a major rebuilding project. still painful to watch though.

hoping for a better second half coverage wise and by the offense sustaining and finishing drives.

Offense of line needs work!! McKnight needs more touches! Need to replace #21. got to give Bennett more touches! Need a D stop start the second half!

Going according to script, almost perfectly.

What did anybody else expect?

Some good things, lots of expected things, lots to work on.

Goals for the second half: no penalties, no turnovers, don't get out hit.

Gray just doesn't look confident yet but he did play a lot looser that last drive...

Going according to script, almost perfectly.

What did anybody else expect?

Some good things, lots of expected things, lots to work on.

Goals for the second half: no penalties, no turnovers, don't get out hit.

The ONLY positive so far from this game is that the defense seems to be doing a good job of tackling. There haven't been a lot of missed tackles. Other then that everything else has been bad.

Top Bottom