Official Signing Day Thread

And one recruit can hit his head on the cross bar of the goal post.

As Fleck says “ I don’t care about rankings.” Then rattles off 20 rankings in the next sentence. 247 got mentioned. So they will take the free pub.
In the end I love the culture and program being built.

We’ve basically eliminated any talent gap with Nebraska in this class, even if they flip Dickerson. Not far behind Iowa and Wisconsin either.
No way he flips to that Vanderbilt level program. If he's flipping, he's going to go to an actual top level program, not one just living off the collective delusion of its fanbase.

You got me curious so I did a quick check. As of noon today, MPLS has put up around 65 posts so far, and most days seem to run well over 100...
There is no such feature on this message board. If you counted by hand, you really are that big of a loser, and guaranteed you didn't do it for more than a couple days. So your "most" is just you lying, per usual.

We’ve basically eliminated any talent gap with Nebraska in this class, even if they flip Dickerson. Not far behind Iowa and Wisconsin either.

Our staff is outcoaching Nebraska with lesser talent.
That's been proven.

We'll see what we can do against IA and WI as our talent gap closes.

4 of the top 25 players to sign here (in the internet era) are class of 2021.

They join 3 of the top 25 from the 2018 class, and 2 from the 2020 class (all per 247). All 3 in 2018 were his recruits (Bateman, Faalele, Dunlap Jr)

Adding Dickerson would help those numbers and mean Fleck has landed 10/25 highest ranked players in school history.

4 of the top 25 players to sign here (in the internet era) are class of 2021.

They join 3 of the top 25 from the 2018 class, and 2 from the 2020 class (all per 247). All 3 in 2018 were his recruits (Bateman, Faalele, Dunlap Jr)

Adding Dickerson would help those numbers and mean Fleck has landed 10/25 highest ranked players in school history.

This is really amazing. This goes back 20 years, and Fleck has been here just for 4 classes. What's more exciting is how well he's coaching the guys up.

He really finds people who can succeed here and is creating a national brand for what our football team looks like and plays like. WR's are starting to seek out Minnesota. Finding high talent playmakers has always been tough here, and the D-line talent he's bring in is tremendous.

Future is bright!

(and most of his recruits seem to stay (at least the ones who get playing time)).

There is no such feature on this message board. If you counted by hand, you really are that big of a loser, and guaranteed you didn't do it for more than a couple days. So your "most" is just you lying, per usual.
Just open up your posts, there are 20 posts per page, and count the number of pages. Pretty easy. You're on your fifth page today, so somewhere between 80 and 100 posts, just a bit more that the 16 you claimed :rolleyes:

Last edited:

And one recruit can hit his head on the cross bar of the goal post.

As Fleck says “ I don’t care about rankings.” Then rattles off 20 rankings in the next sentence. 247 got mentioned. So they will take the free pub.
In the end I love the culture and program being built.

I think my customers buy our product for dumb reasons, and they don't respond enough to other / better reasons to buy it.

Even so, I sure as hell am going to still sell them on the dumb reasons to get them to buy....

Last edited:

This is really amazing. This goes back 20 years, and Fleck has been here just for 4 classes. What's more exciting is how well he's coaching the guys up.

He really finds people who can succeed here and is creating a national brand for what our football team looks like and plays like. WR's are starting to seek out Minnesota. Finding high talent playmakers has always been tough here, and the D-line talent he's bring in is tremendous.

Future is bright!

(and most of his recruits seem to stay (at least the ones who get playing time)).

The Offensive Line - They better get three or four in each class Scholie/PWO. MN only has 16 in last year's roster.

Olson and Schlueter are RS Seniors. We don't know if any of these two will stay an extra year. Schmitz, Ruschmeyer, and Andies are RS Junior. Fa'alele isa Junior. Let's hope none of the Juniors leave early.

I'd like for them to have eighteen to twenty linemen any given year. Iowa has 20, Wiscy 19, and Nebbie has 24 (a bit much).

The Offensive Line - They better get three or four in each class Scholie/PWO. MN only has 16 in last year's roster.

Olson and Schlueter are RS Seniors. We don't know if any of these two will stay an extra year. Schmitz, Ruschmeyer, and Andies are RS Junior. Fa'alele isa Junior. Let's hope none of the Juniors leave early.

I'd like for them to have eighteen to twenty linemen any given year. Iowa has 20, Wiscy 19, and Nebbie has 24 (a bit much).

Well, let's think about this.

They didn't recruit more OL this year. So quantity wise, they must feel okay about the number.
So what does that mean about Schlueter and Olson coming back? Likely or not.

That leaves Andries, Boe, Ruschmeyer, and JMS. They are here until 2023 now unless they are NFL and leaving.

Curtis Dunlap possibly back and possibly Faalele.

With that you have 8 starting caliber linemen for 2021 and 5 for 2022.

Add in Ersery who looked good enough to be Right Tackle starting immediately, and JJ Guedet who are both freshmen. They are here from 2020-2023 / 2024 / 2025.

You have 10 pretty sound lineman for 2021, and 8 for 2022.

This doesn't include Beier, the other Ruschmeyer, Lewis, Lawrence, or recent signee Cameron James.

In 2021 they could grab 3 or 5 for all we know.
If 4 or 5 of the above don't come back, I'm sure we'll look at grad transfers for depth in 2021 / 2022.

Just open up your posts, there are 20 posts per page, and count the number of pages. Pretty easy. You're on your fifth page today, so somewhere between 80 and 100 posts, just a bit more that the 16 you claimed :rolleyes:
..... you seriously don't know what an average is? Dude, come on

Stop polluting this thread with your weird obsession for my taint. Thank you

It doesn't bother me as much as others, but you DO post a LOT. You're like the guy at the bar that won't let anyone else get a word in edge-wise.
He’s the “Dumbass” in Toby Keith’s “I Love this Bar”.

..... you seriously don't know what an average is? Dude, come on

Stop polluting this thread with your weird obsession for my taint. Thank you
You did take an extended break with a different user name there for a while....that cuts your average down quite a bit.

Well, let's think about this.

They didn't recruit more OL this year. So quantity wise, they must feel okay about the number.
So what does that mean about Schlueter and Olson coming back? Likely or not.

That leaves Andries, Boe, Ruschmeyer, and JMS. They are here until 2023 now unless they are NFL and leaving.

Curtis Dunlap possibly back and possibly Faalele.

With that you have 8 starting caliber linemen for 2021 and 5 for 2022.

Add in Ersery who looked good enough to be Right Tackle starting immediately, and JJ Guedet who are both freshmen. They are here from 2020-2023 / 2024 / 2025.

You have 10 pretty sound lineman for 2021, and 8 for 2022.

This doesn't include Beier, the other Ruschmeyer, Lewis, Lawrence, or recent signee Cameron James.

In 2021 they could grab 3 or 5 for all we know.
If 4 or 5 of the above don't come back, I'm sure we'll look at grad transfers for depth in 2021 / 2022.
Good breakdown but you forgot Purcell from this year as well.

Good breakdown but you forgot Purcell from this year as well.
True.
I was just throwing out quick names so far.
I know more about Gopher football than previous years, but with COVID, a guy coming back after injury in Dunlap, possible Faalele coming back next year.
Ersery looking great in his first game. Even if we suffer 3-4 injuries in 2021, I think we'll still be deep.
This would have been an odd year to take a lot of guys. Would have probably just pushed guys towards transferring seeing a backlog. But my point is I think out O-line is probably deeper and more solid than it has been since Eslinger played.

I'm a pretty big believer in that the staff has a handle on who is coming or going.

Last year we were panicking about too many WR's prospects. That worked out fine, and it's almost as if they knew then Bateman would be leaving after 2020 while putting together the 2019 class.

God, please... let Dunlap and Faalele return.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we'd be up a creek without them. But, those two... such potential, both of them. I love the 6 O-line, heavy, jumbo package that the Gophers can run sometimes when everyone is healthy. Would love to see Mo and the rest of our RBs running with those guys clearing the way. It's just the epitome of what Fleck wants to establish here.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we'd be up a creek without them. But, those two... such potential, both of them. I love the 6 O-line, heavy, jumbo package that the Gophers can run sometimes when everyone is healthy. Would love to see Mo and the rest of our RBs running with those guys clearing the way. It's just the epitome of what Fleck wants to establish here.
I am fairly confident they will both be back next year.

I'm kinda concerned abut our OL creek positioning.

The guys who played adapted and seemed to improve well this year... but I want a little more of that from game 1.

I'm kinda concerned abut our OL creek positioning.

The guys who played adapted and seemed to improve well this year... but I want a little more of that from game 1.

I see what you're saying, but our offense — and our running game in particular — while far from perfect, seemed to be at least highly functional in most cases, and downright outstanding at other times.

I believe Mo, for example, is among the nation's leaders in rushing yards. Last time I looked we were fourth in the B1G in total offense. Can't accomplish those things without pretty solid o-line play.

Considering we had no contribution at all from two presumed top-notch starters, and taking into account other COVID issues encountered as the season has progressed, I think the o-line has acquitted itself admirably.

You did take an extended break with a different user name there for a while....that cuts your average down quite a bit.
Please stop detailing the thread. Take it to PM if you must

I’m a little surprised that this class is so weak at safety. Safety play was pretty brutal most of the year and we have razor thin depth. Especially with Avante waffling.

I wonder if McGill or Dino will get moved from WR if they are struggling to crack the rotation.

I’m a little surprised that this class is so weak at safety. Safety play was pretty brutal most of the year and we have razor thin depth. Especially with Avante waffling.

I wonder if McGill or Dino will get moved from WR if they are struggling to crack the rotation.
Yep, you typed the answer I was thinking when I read the first part of your post.

Just checking in. Looks like no surprises other than Dickerson which is a bummer.
Things are trending upward and I am hoping the young defense and O line can build off what they did last week. That would make me feel pretty positive going into next season.

there is on your profile under recent activity

Is anyone concerned about this blanket transfer the NCAA just gave out?

Could Big Dan and Dunlap decide to go to an SEC school where they would get more press and more exposure? Say, Auburn or LSU? Florida?

Gotta be awful tempting knowing you can play right away, also I see some heavy duty poaching going on by some less-than honest coaches.

Is anyone concerned about this blanket transfer the NCAA just gave out?

Could Big Dan and Dunlap decide to go to an SEC school where they would get more press and more exposure? Say, Auburn or LSU? Florida?

Gotta be awful tempting knowing you can play right away, also I see some heavy duty poaching going on by some less-than honest coaches.
From what I gather, It's free agency with basically no limits. Per other GH posters, the 85 scholly limit is gone, so if Bama wants to have 150 players on scholarship, they could do that next year. Hope I'm wrong on that...

Top Bottom