***OFFICIAL SAINT JOHN'S AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

So Amir Coffey, he's pretty good. Reggie Lynch isn't too bad either.

Should we start the Pitino Job Security Poll?

McBrayer is the glue. He makes things happen on offense. Extremely different game when he wasn't out there. Mason really stepped up and iced the game though. Nice finish. Hopefully Springs figures out his role.

Very nice game. St Johns looked lights out early, but these kids kept fighting. Some super freshmen out there for both teams.

St. Johns plays Michigan St. on a neutral court this Wednesday. Very intrigued to watch that game.

Should we start the Pitino Job Security Poll?

Pitino needs to be fired. Not winning the Big Ten Tournament last year with 5 scholarship players was inexcusable. He will never recover from that.

Just kidding. I was optimistic coming into this year and now I'm even more excited. Huge win and so much fun watching Coffey dominate already while the team as a whole withstood some big runs. Bring on Arkansas.

Fun game to watch. Tightened up during the last 10 minutes, which will do nothing but help the team going forward.
Another tough test awaits.

Does anyone else find It intolerable to listen to Bardo?

He is the reason why God invented the mute button.

Also, they should have kept the camera on Mullin the whole game, maybe an inset showing the action.

Tremendous win for the program. Beating a team we compete against for so many of the East Coast guys and even better seeing the local kid having a big night with the best High School basketball players Minnesota has to offer in attendance. Great night.

Coffey amazing
Curry a very much needed spark off the bench
Murphy so strong and talented
McBrayer so improved and has developed into a very good player
Mason quiet at times tonight but played the point well and took the game over and won it for us when we needed him
Lynch so much better than anyone we had at center
Springs has promise
Konate can provide minutes
Hurt and Gilbert can contribute when called on
Pretty exciting.

Yes, this game will help with recruiting down the road... Hurt # 2 ? That would be huge.

Tremendous win for the program. Beating a team we compete against for so many of the East Coast guys and even better seeing the local kid having a big night with the best High School basketball players Minnesota has to offer in attendance. Great night.

Who was it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coffey amazing
Curry a very much needed spark off the bench
Murphy so strong and talented
McBrayer so improved and has developed into a very good player
Mason quiet at times tonight but played the point well and took the game over and won it for us when we needed him
Lynch so much better than anyone we had at center
Springs has promise
Konate can provide minutes
Hurt and Gilbert can contribute when called on
Pretty exciting.

Springs has promise? I like your list otherwise but tonight he looked very much in everyone else's way.

Springs has promise? I like your list otherwise but tonight he looked very much in everyone else's way.

And I should qualify the comment. I am happy he came to Minnesota to bookend his college career and help Minnesota win. It just doesn't look yet like it is playing out so well.

You guys, that was fun. I forgot how fun the barn is.

It was so good to see the barn rocking again. I hope the guys really enjoyed the energy. I want more in the big ten season!

Was a fun game. Glad I made the treck. Go gophers. Need more peopleI n the barn

Man, what a fun game to watch. That was an amazing stretch of fast-break points for our rodents. When was the last time we ran like that against a quality opponent? SJU might not be a great team, but they have some real athletes, and a freshman guard duo that is hard to beat. I can hardly contain my excitement! Friends, get out and watch this team. I'll be there for Arkansas for my third game. Support our Gophers!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I will also add that the team had just 6 turnovers tonight.

Just finished watching the game. Wow. Coffey is a difference maker. It's nice to have bigs who can rebound and defend.

Yep and cheers to that. The only challenging thing I saw in the game was when we were squirming in the second half and the players threw away plays by trying to force shots excessively.

Great game to be at!
McBrayer had family in town for the game including an aunt and his mom - they had maroon shirts and hats with 'Dupree' on them. I stopped to talk to them and they were very excited to see him play so well. His mom commented, as we have, that he is much stronger this year, and the team is exciting and coming together.

And I should qualify the comment. I am happy he came to Minnesota to bookend his college career and help Minnesota win. It just doesn't look yet like it is playing out so well.
I would love to read his brother's tweets tonight. That air ball from the corner was a thing of beauty.

The lack of turnovers was great, especially since we pushed tempo.

Coffey is learning to utilize his strengths, played a great game, if he can continue to play that way I see no reason he can't be a 12-14 points a game player.

Lynch is better than I thought he would be, really makes a difference on defense and the boards.

Murphy and Mason are the keys to this team, the team has much better balance overall but they really need these two to produce and do the things they do to be successful most nights.

So much depth this year with McBrayer, Curry, Springs, Gilbert, and even Hurt showing lots of positive things.

Springs offense has been off a bit this year, maybe because of his playing time, but I have been impressed with the way he hustles on defense, he is going to contribute to this team.

Xman, I like your list:
[B]Coffey amazing Enuf said
Curry a very much needed spark off the bench Hopefully keeps improving offensively in the post
Murphy so strong and talented More consistent when it's not a dunk would be awesome.
McBrayer so improved and has developed into a very good player Very much agree...very efficient almost always.
Mason quiet at times tonight but played the point well and took the game over and won it for us when we needed him Agree, but Mason has to be money...I don't think he has any idea how good, how lethal he can be. 5 on 5 he is our best option to score, but he doesn't step up. Ball screen at top and pullup at free throw line can't be defended.
Lynch so much better than anyone we had at center Yes, defensively he is amazing, inspirational, gives the whole team confidence. Offensively he's the opposite...cover your eyes..all weak sh..err stuff
Springs has promise Clearly offensively he has ability...just odd shot selection and bad misses...hopefully it's confidence and he finds it.
Konate can provide minutes Ya, I thought he looked good in his few minutes...got some bad breaks on calls and events.
Hurt and Gilbert can contribute when called on Both looked great!! Hurt's drive and pass...I never saw in HS. Hurt and Gilbert need a couple more minutes in the rotation. Gilbert has improved his shot! I trust him from 3...at least tonight!
Pretty exciting.[/B] Very exciting!!! Exciting for this year for sure! But we get the two guards added next year and add Fitzgerald and we are going to be really good!! Also, even more exciting!

Top Bottom