***OFFICIAL RHODE ISLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The 2024 Gophers discovered they were a passing team last week, mostly on the last series.
I hope they maintain this understanding as the season moves on instead of stubbornly going back to their comfort/familiarity zone. Let Brosmer rip it.

Good adjustments. RI had a good plan. We’ve adjusted and look more competent against an inferior opponent
Yeah, I noticed that too. Rhode Island clearly watched film. They were trying to confuse our offensive line and on offense they were playing some slightly tricky plays.

They knew but we adapted.

Some of these guys are young, will improve. We are just pointing out the areas.

I hope they maintain this understanding as the season moves on instead of stubbornly going back to their comfort/familiarity zone. Let Brosmer rip it.
When Fleck has a passing game he trusts they use it......You can see they trust Brosmer, I think he is going to get plenty of opportunities to throw the ball.....

Now the question becomes can the WR catch it.

We are a passing team now, no wonder the 4 star QB from California has committed to the Gophers Air Raid juggernaut
Minnesota improved the QB play.

AK might be okay at some programs but he's not the right QB for Minnesota where you must be able to consistently complete short and medium passes to move the ball with only a few receivers in the pattern who can't easily win individual matchups in Big Ten games. Minnesota needs a Morgan/Brosmer type accuracy-first QB to win Big Ten games consistently.

AK, fwiw, is 10/19 for 118 yards and 1 INT vs Akron as I type this. That's not a great sign for Rutgers in the harder games.

This is a game - FBS vs FCS -where the Gophers - a P4 team - Should dominate. So things are looking more positive. But this is what it should look like.

Michigan is a 6 win team. Seven at best if they are lucky.
Not sure if I agree with that but they may definitely take a big step back from last year. That said.....Texas looks pretty damn good.

That throwaway by Rhode Island went over to the Gover bench and straight into a tiny trashcan….

FDR doesn't have as many dimes as Brosmer does today. Catch the ball folks.

Accurate, nice delivery, poise. Night and day from last year.
And the ball on almost every throw is in the correct spot. Haven’t seen a throw yet that I’d say was forced or ill advised.

Top Bottom