***OFFICIAL RHODE ISLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Brosmer is growing on me, but it sucks that we only have him one y

Gotta feel for Fleck. Finally starts being more aggressive and goes for the touchdown instead of being satisfied with a FG and ends up getting burned.
This is the type of game to get out of your comfort zone at the same time, though. You can take some chances against Rhode Island

The Gophers moved the ball by far the best against UNC in their last drive when they threw on almost every play.

They have thrown more than run this half, for far more passing efficiency.

The Gophers are slowly figuring out that this is a better passing team than we think, but the team also has serious concerns running the ball.

I predict we see a higher pass rate from this team than any of the Fleck era, even more than 2019.

No he isn't....they threw to the EZ on second down and the WR dropped it. Then on on another pass attempt on 3rd down Carroll got abused and Brosmer got sacked.

They 100% were not playing for a field goal and you know it.....

More a comment on slow pace, seeming brain freeze, and limiting options as time winds down. Nice to see some shots there.

This is the type of game to get out of your comfort zone at the same time, though. You can take some chances against Rhode Island
This. Type of game you figure out who your guys at wr are and what line combo can protect best

why can the gophers only have one WR at a time that can actually catch or make a play on the ball ?

Watching this passing attack, I'm really fucking annoyed with PJs backyard football comments this week. You're playing backyard football right now and it's fucking working.

Geez guys......unless he was throwing the ball away to avoid a sack, Brosmer has been just about perfect if our receivers could catch the ball.

Serioulsy....did he throw a bad pass??? He's a big upgrade over AK.
he has had a couple of balls that could have been placed a little better....but yeah....if the receivers catch the ball Brosmer's numbers in the first half would have been off the charts.

He clearly has the coaches trust as well....no more check with the sideline before the snap.

Driver jawing with the DB after letting the ball go through his hands was maybe the worst thing I’ve seen today. Just shut up.
Not going to get after a kid for that. A lot of things are said on the field. If something was said referencing his dad in regards to him it's hard to keep quiet. Remember when you were 20 and the adrenaline is flowing.

Watching this passing attack, I'm really fucking annoyed with PJs backyard football comments this week. You're playing backyard football right now and it's fucking working.
Overmatched opponent helps.....but yeah.....they are throwing it a ton today

This is weirdly more impressive than a bunch of wide receivers running wide open, which is something Minnesota can...never...seem...to...do.

But Brosmer keeps consistently hitting the kind of short and midrange timing passes Tanner Morgan was good at, and are needed to win Big Ten games at Minnesota.

That wasn't a first down but ill take a freebie

The Minnesota Moving Company is having issues.
With every series we see it's becoming clearer that this is actually a quite different Minnesota offense that's good at short timing passes and being accurate but somehow forgot how to pound teams into the dirt with the same guys.

Top Bottom