***OFFICIAL NORTH CAROLINA AT MINNESOTA 2024 SEASON OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I'd say 80% chance he is fired with 4 wins. 5 wins 50/50.
They're not paying that buyout. Not after this year. Plus Ben Johnson's likely out in March. They're definitely not paying both in the same year.

They're not paying that buyout. Not after this year. Plus Ben Johnson's likely out in March. They're definitely not paying both in the same year.
That's fair. 2 buyouts in one year is a tough pill. Guess I better get more invested in hockey.

PJ has done a lot of good things, but he needs to realize Tressel ball is not the way forward. In the modern game, Tressel ball still works when you have superior talent. I’d guess it only works about 1/3 of the time vs. equally talented opponents and 0-10% of the time against better opponents.
Agree. Tressel ball worked with the ability to utilize advantages. Great philosophy but not being practiced at this stage of Gopher ball. Gopher ball needs some learning to become Tressel ball. But as you say, that is not working. He needs to adapt. The question is can he? I hope so, but I have my doubts.

If Kesich hits that field goal you people would still be calling for his head huh
That’s a bad team. I would be less angry because wins matter. I don’t think PJ put our team in a great spot to win today and we lost - so I blame him for that.

I also think if we played a better team, we’d have gotten throttled tonight.

I could be wrong, I hope I eat crow, but to answer your question, we probably wouldn’t be, but wins and losses matter.

Hate to say it, but AK was probably better than what we'll get this year by what I saw this game, and that my friend is saying allot about what I saw tonight.
I think that would be a huge overreaction. Time will tell, but AK was a 53 or 54% passer in many tries with the Gophers. Brosmer was 62% yesterday. Disappointing loss and yes Brosmer did hold on to the ball too long several times, but there were glimmers of a good QB in there. Never felt that way with AK.

Had high hopes for this team, but the qb play looked dismal tbh

Oh well I get my Saturdays free, we are basement sports program now

I think that would be a huge overreaction. Time will tell, but AK was a 53 or 54% passer in many tries with the Gophers. Brosmer was 62% yesterday. Disappointing loss and yes Brosmer did hold on to the ball too long several times, but there were glimmers of a good QB in there. Never felt that way with AK.
Trust me I'm no fan of AK and definitely felt it was time to move on from him as last year was as dismal as it can get, or so I thought. I had very high hopes for Brosmer coming into this game BUT his size (have we had a QB smaller than him recently?) and his reaction to the pressure and what seemed like his inability to find the 2nd and 3rd reads, except for the dump offs, was revealing to me. I thought he would have much more pocket presence than he showed with all the passing he has done. I realize it was at a different level but I now understand why we got him and he didn't look elsewhere for his next step.

Yes, it's only one game and NC is not a bad team by any means BUT once we get into the B1G, I think he might just get overwhelmed based on what I saw last night. To me, AK was an inaccurate passer who couldn't find the 2nd and 3rd level either, but he could hold his own if he pulled it down and ran. This guy will get crushed in the B1G if he tucks it in and runs.

It's early and I could be very wrong. Just relaying what I saw from the game. Was talking with my dad on the phone during the game and he thought I was too negative. By the end of the game, he actually called me back and agreed, this guy looked like a High School QB running for his life at times.

Last edited:

Trust me I'm no fan of AK and definitely felt it was time to move on from him as last year was as dismal as it can get, or so I thought. I had very high hopes for Brosmer coming into this game BUT his size (have we had a QB smaller than him recently?) and his reaction to the pressure and what seemed like his inability to find the 2nd and 3rd reads, except for the dump offs, was revealing to me. I thought he would have much more pocket presence than he showed with all the passing he has done. I realize it was at a different level but I now understand why we got him and he didn't look elsewhere for his next step.

Yes, it's only one game and NC is not a bad team by any means BUT once we get into the B1G, I think he might just get overwhelmed based on what I saw last night. To me, AK was an inaccurate passer who couldn't find the 2nd and 3rd level either, but he could hold his own if he pulled it down and ran. This guy will get crushed in the B1G if he tucks it in and runs.

It's early and I could be very wrong. Just relaying what I saw from the game. Was talking my dad on the phone during the game and he thought I was too negative. By the end of the game, he actually called me back and agreed, this guy looked like a High School QB running for his life at times.
Not having watched his NH tapes, I wonder if he hadn't experienced the amount of pressure that NC was able to apply before. I'm not gonna pass full judgement until we see him for a few more games, but I will agree that this wasn't the step up from AK that we thought it was.

I will say that I don't think I could see AK leading the team down the field to give us a chance to win, at least not the AK we saw last year. That does give me some hope that Max has the tools and just needs to do some adjusting to FBS level football.

Not having watched his NH tapes, I wonder if he hadn't experienced the amount of pressure that NC was able to apply before. I'm not gonna pass full judgement until we see him for a few more games, but I will agree that this wasn't the step up from AK that we thought it was.

I will say that I don't think I could see AK leading the team down the field to give us a chance to win, at least not the AK we saw last year. That does give me some hope that Max has the tools and just needs to do some adjusting to FBS level football.
AK did actually do just that though in our first game last year against Nebraska. Not saying he's going to be missed, just the comparison between the 2 after 1 game, doesn't look stellar for Brosmer.

Maybe we should switch QBs. Fleck clearly has no confidence in Brosmer if he wont let him throw inside the 10.

Top Bottom