***OFFICIAL NORTH CAROLINA AT MINNESOTA 2024 SEASON OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Players are going to make mistakes, as a coach, you need to put your team in the best possible position to win. Fleck didn't do that today. He played for FGs every time we were in a position to score. HE's done it for years.

He is who he is.

Fleck’s offensive philosophy is straight out of 1985. Bizarre.

He's trying to say Fleck was fine with a 47 yard try, when we could have gotten much closer.
It is the fact that we spiked the ball to run another play when the ball was directly in the middle to run it for 1 yard but 4 yards back to the right where the kicker already pulled one from closer range. Just little dumb things like that is on the COACH!

One time. All night. Oddly enough that was on first down and we followed it Up with a run from the ten for a loss and a check down incomplete. If you can’t trust your super senior to be safe with the ball, why did you bring him here

I don't understand the issue with taking a shot on 3rd and 10+ in the red zone. Checking it down for nothing is wasting the down. Do they not practice throws into the corner of the end zone? Jackson can beat opposing corners for the ball.

Hate to say it, but AK was probably better than what we'll get this year by what I saw this game, and that my friend is saying allot about what I saw tonight.

I disagree. Brosmer has good touch and had a 128 QB rating today in a messy game under constant pressure. AK had only 2 games last season with a 128 QB rating against Power 5 opponents. Brosmer will get better.

Complete team loss. Coaches, offense, defense (played well overall but key penalties kept drives alive that led to points) & special teams.

I do think Brosmer has the ability to sling it, but will they let him?

Taylor & Major should be good and take the load off, but it won’t matter if they don’t let the passing game loose. There are receivers there.

Coaching & unclutchness from our kicker are the most troublesome after this one.

I don't understand the issue with taking a shot on 3rd and 10+ in the red zone. Checking it down for nothing is wasting the down. Do they not practice throws into the corner of the end zone? Jackson can beat opposing corners for the ball.
You mean like we saw multiple times tonight over the middle and on stops to Jackson? Nah Let’s play for 3

At this point the question is do we fire PJ mid season or after the season? I don't see him surviving pending a borderline miraculous turnaround.
He's not getting fired. Maybe he bails for Vanderbilt or something.

I disagree. Brosmer has good touch and had a 128 QB rating today in a messy game under constant pressure. AK had only 2 games last season with a 128 QB rating against Power 5 opponents. Brosmer will get better.
I agree. I’m not going to act like he was awesome, but he’s better than AK.

At this point the question is do we fire PJ mid season or after the season? I don't see him surviving pending a borderline miraculous turnaround.
If Kesich hits that field goal you people would still be calling for his head huh

Again, our receivers are junk. They get no separation. There are little openings.

Jackson came away with a couple of balls where he was blanketed. those were cool.

But again, the talent at receiver is brutal. I can't tell you how many times they'd show downfield and there is literally no separation.

You mean like we saw multiple times tonight over the middle and on stops to Jackson? Nah Let’s play for 3

It's just chickenshit to settle like that. UNC had a 3rd and long in the first drive that was kept alive by a defensive holding. Why? Because they didn't fold up the tent and go home like PJ does in those situations.

If Kesich hits that field goal you people would still be calling for his head huh
I was actually calling for it last year as I know what's coming.

You can't win with a primitive offense year after year after year

Hope a reporter flat out just asks PJ in the interview....do you really like to have the most boring predictable offense each yea
Except in 1945, 1965 or 1985, the Gophs would have lined up for the game-winning FG in the middle of the field rather than purposely moving to a hash mark. Every game, weird decisions.

PJ has done a lot of good things, but he needs to realize Tressel ball is not the way forward. In the modern game, Tressel ball still works when you have superior talent. I’d guess it only works about 1/3 of the time vs. equally talented opponents and 0-10% of the time against better opponents.

Top Bottom