***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT WEEKEND THREAD - HOW MANY GOPHERS WILL GET DRAFTED!!!***

Great news for jms! 2nd round is awesome!

Hoping T-Time goes in round 4 tomorrow. Illinois’s defense was for real last year: One CB went early in first round and the other CB went in the 2nd round. And a “DB” went early in the third round.

This is where the six Gopher prospects are going into Day 3 of the NFL Draft:

Day 2 winner:
C John Michael Schmitz
(Grade 6.41) - Round 2, Pick 26, 57th overall

Day 3 high hopes:
CB Terell Smith (Grade 6.20)
RB Mo Ibrahim (Grade 6.16)

Most likely UDFA prospects:
G Chuck Filiaga (Grade 5.80)
SAF Jonathan Howden (Grade 5.69)
EDGE Thomas Rush (Grade 5.69)

What are the chances of three or four Gophers getting drafted?

I made a bet a month ago with a co-worker that Mo Ibrahim would get drafted -- he said he wouldn't get drafted at all and be a free agent. I think I am going to win this one.

Just a small bet but I will be happy when he gets drafted by someone today. A little "football guru prestige" is also on the line here!!

Day 2 winner:
C John Michael Schmitz

Day 3 high hopes:

Would imagine Smith off the board in the 4th. Mo (Mo is actually outside the cut on many draft boards) and Howden (actually inside the cut on many draft sites) I think both have a chance. Can't see any way Filiaga or Rush go. In reality, I think for Mo's sake going as a UDFA is probably better as he can select his landing spot a little more. Howden will be a depth guy and ST player so if he's taken late, I think he has a better chance of sticking.

Schmitz went about where I thought he would. Tippmann tested higher on the RAS and often times teams value physical projection over production and that's why he went higher. If Schmitz stays healthy, I think he's going to have a long career. Really solid player.

One can never tell, but I think Smith, Howden, and Ibrahim get drafted today and with the Packers having four 7th round picks and Morgan having visited there, it's not outside the realm of reason that he may get drafted as well.

This is kinda fun to look at.

SoCal, Texas, Southeast, Nova/DC/Maryland, Great Lakes

(not ranked/in order, just listing the hotbeds)

Minnesota is almost perfectly located equidistantly far away from them all, and of course with cold weather. :(

Terell Smith would make a lot of sense for the Vikings here at 164

Would have liked for them to take To'OtO'o, the LB from Bama (or however you spell his name). I agree that Hall was a wasted pick.

Day 2 winner:
C John Michael Schmitz

Day 3 high hopes:

I think 3 total do. Mo was great in college, but when you are small, slow, don't play special teams, and dont catch the ball you're not getting drafted. Hopefully he can find a team that he could fit in as a 4th back...

A little surprised Howden went before Smith, but Howden had a killer pro day. He's played a lot of football and has gotten consisently better while with the Gophers. Congrats to both of them.

Mo! Will be a steal. Only 4 quarterbacks even listed on ESPN. Hoping Brock Purdy affect will help Tanner in the last round.

Top Bottom