***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS WEST VIRGINIA GUARANTEED RATE BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

MBS slipped....fell on his ass....and still got his hand on it. The pass was fine and perfectly catchable.
Reaching behind him? You are right, MBS overran the route. Not very Legend of him at all.

I never want to see a kneel down where we are unable to run out the entire game clock.

I especially don’t want to see that after 1:00 am EST on a Tuesday bowl game.
Boy, times have changed. People complaining about the Gophers going into the Victory formation at the end of a bowl game. I was fine with it and we would have run out the clock if Tanner hadn't had a brain fart and immediately kneeled on 4th down.

As I said in another thread, I think Fleck decided that, as soon as the Gophers had a "safe" lead, Fleck was going to shut down the offense and just try to run out the clock - due to the field conditions.

with the field conditions, I think Fleck was trying to avoid injuries and turnovers, so he decided to let the defense win the game. WV had 1 decent drive all game.

This was the equivalent of a basketball team (before the shot clock) going into the 4-corner offense to run out the last 5 minutes of a game and protect a lead.
Except we did the same thing in multiple games this season.

Has there ever been a larger human to score a touchdown in football history than Daniel? I have to imagine he has the record.

Has there ever been a larger human to score a touchdown in football history than Daniel? I have to imagine he has the record.

Daniel makes the Refrigerator Perry look small. Yeah, you need to be kinda old to get that reference.

WR's have to turn around and catch balls all the time. It was a pretty good throw considering where the defender was. And even to intercept it the guy had to make a heck of a catch.
I'm not sure I was watching the same game; that throw was WAYYYY behind the receiver and he slipped ONLY because he tried to stop and turn around to where the ball was thrown! He was heading toward the sideline and if the ball was thrown accurately toward the sideline, we're not having this conversation.

To me, that was not a 'pretty good throw'.

I'm not sure I was watching the same game; that throw was WAYYYY behind the receiver and he slipped ONLY because he tried to stop and turn around to where the ball was thrown! He was heading toward the sideline and if the ball was thrown accurately toward the sideline, we're not having this conversation.

I doubt Morgan was trying to make a pin point throw towards the sideline. MBS was so open Morgan just threw it into a safe area, MBS would easily be able to break off that route and adjust for an easy catch had the playing surface not been so slick.

Reaching behind him? You are right, MBS overran the route. Not very Legend of him at all.

100% false. Check the video at 7:10. MBS stops right there and doesn't fall down, he catches the ball. It wasn't behind him. It went right OVER him as he was on the ground. In fact....if Morgan would have led him....it would have been out of bounds. The pass was much better than the chicken littles give him credit for. This had everything to do with the turf.

See below. Stop letting your Morgan hate cloud your judgement.

100% false. Check the video at 7:10. MBS stops right there and doesn't fall down, he catches the ball. It wasn't behind him. It went right OVER him as he was on the ground. In fact....if Morgan would have led him....it would have been out of bounds. The pass was much better than the chicken littles give him credit for. This had everything to do with the turf.

I love what Tanner has done for the program. I'm ready to move on.
i 100% agree. Love Tanner and what he has done but now since he announced and the #2 and #3 string quarterbacks with 2-4 years of development in the program bolted. We have a issue now, not well done by fleck and company....he has brought good talent in at qb but we are in a pickel now

i 100% agree. Love Tanner and what he has done but now since he announced and the #2 and #3 string quarterbacks with 2-4 years of development in the program bolted. We have a issue now, not well done by fleck and company....he has brought good talent in at qb but we are in a pickel now
Clark and Zach left because Athan and Kramer passed them. Knuth likely would pass them too.

As I said in another thread, I think Fleck decided that, as soon as the Gophers had a "safe" lead, Fleck was going to shut down the offense and just try to run out the clock - due to the field conditions.

with the field conditions, I think Fleck was trying to avoid injuries and turnovers, so he decided to let the defense win the game. WV had 1 decent drive all game.

This was the equivalent of a basketball team (before the shot clock) going into the 4-corner offense to run out the last 5 minutes of a game and protect a lead.
We ran a prevent offense most of the year. Coupled with an elite defense that was good enough to win nine games. But not good enough to win three others where our talent surpassed or at least equaled the opponent. The OSU was the only opponent clearly more talented.

Wow.

Talk about bad takes...the ball was behind MBS. Badly. Why do you think MBS fell?

Late getting out of his hand, too. If he DID lead him properly, he runs MBS out if bounds.

Ky Thomas, Tyler Nubin take home top honors from Guaranteed Rate Bowl​

Rolando Rosa

Minnesota closed out the season on a strong note with an 18-6 victory vs. West Virginia in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl. The victory for the Gophers was in large part because of the play of defensive back Tyler Nubin and running back Ky Thomas.
For their efforts, Nubin was named Defensive Player of the Game and Thomas earned Offensive Player of the Game:

Nubin tallied eight total tackles, a sack, and a pass deflection for a Minnesota defense that that held West Virginia to 206 total yards. Thomas rushed for 144 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries.
This is a bounce-back season for Minnesota after going 3-4 during the pandemic-shortened 2020 campaign. Minnesota ends the season with a 9-4 record and finishes second place in the B1G West.

Wow.

Talk about bad takes...the ball was behind MBS. Badly. Why do you think MBS fell?

Late getting out of his hand, too. If he DID lead him properly, he runs MBS out if bounds.

So instead of watching the video and admitting that you are wrong.....you are going to double down on the false claim that the ball is behind MBS. It goes directly ABOVE him as he's on the ground. On a decent field, MBS easily stops and catches the ball unopposed. He fell because of the field, not the pass.

How are we in a pickle? We lost such great talent at qb? You realize that talent is still sitting in the transfer portal unsigned?

So instead of watching the video and admitting that you are wrong.....you are going to double down on the false claim that the ball is behind MBS. It goes directly ABOVE him as he's on the ground. On a decent field, MBS easily stops and catches the ball unopposed. He fell because of the field, not the pass.
Lol. You claim the ball wasn't thrown behind him, and then claim he had to stop and wait to let the ball catch up to him.

IN THE SAME POST.

SMH

Lol. You claim the ball wasn't thrown behind him, and then claim he had to stop and wait to let the ball catch up to him.

IN THE SAME POST.

SMH

Behind him suggests that he had to turn and run backwards. Wrong, wrong, and wrong. On a decent field, MBS EASILY stops and catches the ball. He slipped and fell down because of the turf and it went DIRECTLY over him.

Sorry that direct video evidence proves you wrong. Maybe take another look before tripling down on the bad take.

Behind him suggests that he had to turn and run backwards. Wrong, wrong, and wrong. On a decent field, MBS EASILY stops and catches the ball. He slipped and fell down because of the turf and it went DIRECTLY over him.

Sorry that direct video evidence proves you wrong. Maybe take another look before tripling down on the bad take.
NO, "thrown behind him" means the receiver can't continue his route...HE HAS TO STOP TO LET THE BALL CATCH UP.

Which is exactly what happened last night. Which is why he fell. Which you admit.

The ball was thrown behind the intended route of the intended receiver. Indisputable. You admit as much.

IN THE SAME POST.

SMH
Could have been a button hook route. We don't really know.

NO, "thrown behind him" means the receiver can't continue his route...HE HAS TO STOP TO LET THE BALL CATCH UP.

Which is exactly what happened last night. Which is why he fell. Which you admit.

The ball was thrown behind the intended route of the intended receiver. Indisputable. You admit as much.

You mean continue the route OUT OF BOUNDS!?

MBS had a huge cushion and Morgan put it right out there for him. He was in the process of slowing down and lost his footing. That is a catch nine out of ten times. Morgan leads him any more and it is a catch three out of ten times because MBS would have to tiptoe the sidelines.

You are playing a losing hand. MBS doesn't fall down, it is a completion and maybe more. And to say that he fell because the pass was behind him ignores the fact that players were slipping ALL GAME. That's a fault of the field. Not a fault of the pass.

Could have been a button hook route. We don't really know.

People with agendas cannot be reasoned with. Receivers never have routes that hook back in. They never have to adjust to a pass.

We won the game on a super bad field that clearly doesn't meet anyone's standards. Despite that, we've got people nitpicking, complaining about whatever. Trust the coaches.

He had a good game handing off and staring down his receivers.
Clueless take. He was 8 of 13 and hit Daniel Jackson with a perfect pass that was dropped and also had MBS fall down on the int. He had over 10 yards per completion. Not sure why Dylan Wright hardly saw the filed after his great first quarter.

It's quite OK to admit Tanner Morgan threw a poor pass. Late, ended up behind the intended receiver. Had he led him properly, he most likely leads him OB.

Top Bottom