***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS WEST VIRGINIA GUARANTEED RATE BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

How are we in a pickle? We lost such great talent at qb? You realize that talent is still sitting in the transfer portal unsigned?
The pickle is Morgan is broken, we need people to challenge him, and we have lost our two most experienced backups. I would love to be wrong, but there is no way Fleck accepts his favorite player back for a 6th year and then brings in someone from the portal to challenge him.

It's quite OK to admit Tanner Morgan threw a poor pass. Late, ended up behind the intended receiver. Had he led him properly, he most likely leads him OB.

I'll just chalk you up as someone who doesn't know dick about football. The pass was perfectly fine. If MBS doesn't slip because of a poor field....it hits him in the chest. With how far off the d-back was....good possibility that MBS cuts back in towards the middle of the field and takes it for a TD.

See below. Stop letting your Morgan hate cloud your judgement.
My Morgan hate?? Not sure I've ever mentioned any hatred for the guy. Not sure if it stands up to your hate of people who have a different 'opinion' than yourself. You think you're right, I think I'm right. I watched the replay in slow-mo last night and again today before posting. I see MSM still moving toward the sideline as the ball approached him which is why he 'tries' to stop and go backwards towards the ball but slips on the ridiculous turf in doing so as he couldn't plant his foot.

Either way; that's my reply and I'm done. I've seen you go back and forth with other posters too often to get sucked into your black hole of outrage - Happy New Year!

The pickle is Morgan is broken, we need people to challenge him, and we have lost our two most experienced backups. I would love to be wrong, but there is no way Fleck accepts his favorite player back for a 6th year and then brings in someone from the portal to challenge him.
No one is going to seriously challenge Morgan next year unless he performs poorly. Clark and ZA wouldn’t have either. If you have a “broken” version of a guy and he still wins 9 games, why would you remove him instead of trying to fix the play calling like Fleck did?

My Morgan hate?? Not sure I've ever mentioned any hatred for the guy. Not sure if it stands up to your hate of people who have a different 'opinion' than yourself. You think you're right, I think I'm right. I watched the replay in slow-mo last night and again today before posting. I see MSM still moving toward the sideline as the ball approached him which is why he 'tries' to stop and go backwards towards the ball but slips on the ridiculous turf in doing so as he couldn't plant his foot.

Either way; that's my reply and I'm done. I've seen you go back and forth with other posters too often to get sucked into your black hole of outrage - Happy New Year!

Receivers at every level adjust to passes every game. MSB never had to go backwards to catch the ball. He was in the process of slowing down and lost his footing. The ball glided directly over his body when he was on the ground.

It's quite OK to admit Tanner Morgan threw a poor pass. Late, ended up behind the intended receiver. Had he led him properly, he most likely leads him OB.
Agree he was a little late with it.

Receivers at every level adjust to passes every game. MSB never had to go backwards to catch the ball. He was in the process of slowing down and lost his footing. The ball glided directly over his body when he was on the ground.
So if I have this correct, your position on this is MBS had to adjust, to a pass that needed no adjustment.

LOL.

So if I have this correct, your position on this is MBS had to adjust, to a pass that needed no adjustment.

LOL.

Your comprehension is either naturally poor....or intentionally poor in order to continue the bad take you began with. MBS was in the process of slowing down and slipped. You seem to think that receivers are only able to catch the ball running at full speed....which is false.

Your comprehension is either naturally poor....or intentionally poor in order to continue the bad take you began with. MBS was in the process of slowing down and slipped. You seem to think that receivers are only able to catch the ball running at full speed....which is false.
LOL.

First rule of holes: when you find yourself in one, stop digging.

LOL.

Does that only apply to holes? It would explain why you keep doubling down from the crater you are in.

Literally just loses his footing or it hits him in the chest.

5zg2xh.gif

Literally just loses his footing or it hits him in the chest.

5zg2xh.gif
You have now changed your description of what happened 47 times. He had to stop. Didn't have to stop. Had to adjust. Didn't have to adjust. Stopped...or slowed down. Fell. Tripped. Slipped on the ice. Blah blah blah.

I'm out. You can have the last (wrong) word.

You have now changed your description of what happened 47 times. He had to stop. Didn't have to stop. Had to adjust. Didn't have to adjust. Stopped...or slowed down. Fell. Tripped. Slipped on the ice. Blah blah blah.

Your take was that it was behind him. You were wrong from the very beginning. Never was behind him. Takes a real chud to double and triple down even after being proven horribly wrong.

I was pretty shit faced last night for the game so didn't remember a lot. So I just watched a 20 something minute mash-up on youtube. There are a lot of young guys going to be very special. Saw a nice glimpse of the future in this game. Very excited for the future.

Defense was incredible the whole season with a lot of playing time coming back, and an offense primed to be special too with the familiarity coming back.

Being dissappointed with a 9-4 season actually feels good. The system is in place and I feel strongly that a 9-4 or 8-5 season will be the floor moving forward. I need to keep telling myself it is not the 80s and 90s results anymore.

Sorry, but I can't blame this one on Tanner.

Even if it wasn't a perfect throw, as I saw it - and I have been watching FB games for almost 60 years - on a dry field, the receiver catches that ball. it was certainly going to be within his 'catch radius.'

a pattern like that is designed so that the receiver slows down as he approaches the sideline, sets his feet, and makes the catch. MBS went to set his feet and they slipped out from under him. As he is falling down, the ball goes directly over his prone body. If he is standing up, the ball either hits him in the torso, or at worst, he has to turn slightly to make the catch.

If nothing else, he at least knocks it down or drops it, and there is no interception.

hey, I am on record as saying that I wish Morgan wasn't coming back. I don't hate him, I'm just ready for something different. But I cannot blame Morgan for that INT. I blame the field conditions and the people who allowed the field to be in such poor shape.

Notice how teams rise in the polls by how badly they beat their opponents. Could this be why MN is ranked so low and gets picked to play in a lower tier bowl game?

Sorry, but I can't blame this one on Tanner.

Even if it wasn't a perfect throw, as I saw it - and I have been watching FB games for almost 60 years - on a dry field, the receiver catches that ball. it was certainly going to be within his 'catch radius.'

a pattern like that is designed so that the receiver slows down as he approaches the sideline, sets his feet, and makes the catch. MBS went to set his feet and they slipped out from under him. As he is falling down, the ball goes directly over his prone body. If he is standing up, the ball either hits him in the torso, or at worst, he has to turn slightly to make the catch.

If nothing else, he at least knocks it down or drops it, and there is no interception.

hey, I am on record as saying that I wish Morgan wasn't coming back. I don't hate him, I'm just ready for something different. But I cannot blame Morgan for that INT. I blame the field conditions and the people who allowed the field to be in such poor shape.

Exactly right. Unfortunately we have a lot of irrational "fans" whose hatred of TM means that he needs to be blamed for everything. Kind of like on our second drive in the third quarter when he fell down for a loss of seven yards. These people are conveniently ignoring that players on both teams were slipping and falling ALL game long.

Sure. Morgan didn't have a great year. But for most of the games this year.....I was happy that we had Morgan when looking at what our opponents trotted out. A lot of other Big Ten fans would be happy to have TM on their teams.

As I said in another thread, I think Fleck decided that, as soon as the Gophers had a "safe" lead, Fleck was going to shut down the offense and just try to run out the clock - due to the field conditions.

with the field conditions, I think Fleck was trying to avoid injuries and turnovers, so he decided to let the defense win the game. WV had 1 decent drive all game.

This was the equivalent of a basketball team (before the shot clock) going into the 4-corner offense to run out the last 5 minutes of a game and protect a lead.

It makes a terrible game to watch and can't be very fun for the players either.

No one is going to seriously challenge Morgan next year unless he performs poorly. Clark and ZA wouldn’t have either. If you have a “broken” version of a guy and he still wins 9 games, why would you remove him instead of trying to fix the play calling like Fleck did?
Agree. Which is the much more plausible reason Clark and ZA went into the portal.

A: to try to win 10.

LOL.

Could it have been a deep out....maybe...but then he ran a horrid route. A receiver doesn't break on a deep out outside / on the numbers. That literally gives the QB no window to throw into. It might have been a button, but my $0.02 it's 100% a sit down route (3rd down....move the chains) and dude slipped cuz that field sucked the whole night. That's what I thought last night and what I see in the replays too.

Clark and Zach left because Athan and Kramer passed them. Knuth likely would pass them too.
then life is good. .i do not need to worry about the qb position. if kramer beat clark and zach we are in severe trouble.

Was going to ask the same question. Very odd take.

Just a guess, but if Kramer beat out ZA and Clark based on talent, then one might conclude that the Gopher coaches did not do a good job evaluating and recruiting QB's.

under this theory, ZA and Clark were "supposed" to be quality recruits. If they were passed by a non-throwing QB who came from a run-first HS offense, then two of MN's alleged top QB recruits were both busts. that in turn calls the evaluation and recruiting of QB's into question.

-------------I am NOT saying I agree with this, but that is just how I read transplant's comment------

Top Bottom