***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS WASHINGTON STATE HOLIDAY BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Here's hoping the D can keep it up because they are playing great but are getting nothing from the offense. Really needed a TD when we got down close because it is looking like our offense is going to have a really tough time moving the ball with any sort of consistency.

I'm no expert for sure, but I'd guess that most of the motion penalties are related to center playing his first game ever.... he likely snapped late.

I thought of that myself, but it also looks like WSU's line shifts are throwing guys off.

I'm no expert for sure, but I'd guess that most of the motion penalties are related to center playing his first game ever.... he likely snapped late.

Good point. Especially considering Moore was a late scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought of that myself, but it also looks like WSU's line shifts are throwing guys off.

Including our inexperienced center with too much to think about.... needs to stop thinking and just play.

Quick count would help us with their shifts. Or do the opposite, go to the line of scrimmage and wait for the shift before you start the real cadence.

Hadn't really thought about that. I think you're on to something there.

If you think the Gophers should have tried to score with 20 some seconds before the half, you're an idiot.

After the first down at the 45 with 10 seconds and 2 times outs, yes I favor a 20 yard pass.

How about the odds of our offense scoring from our side of the field with 20-30 seconds left versus the odds of giving WSU another chance. Wouldn't that be a better comparison here? The bolded part is so non-relevant to this but may be an indication on the depth you think about these decisions.

No reason to get insulting Professor. It was first down. Your risk of giving them another chance is slim if you don't do anything radical. You could run the ball and see if maybe the running back happens to break it far enough to get in field goal range. You could try to pass but just have the QB take a knee if nothing is there.

No reason to get insulting Professor. It was first down. Your risk of giving them another chance is slim if you don't do anything radical. You could run the ball and see if maybe the running back happens to break it far enough to get in field goal range. You could try to pass but just have the QB take a knee if nothing is there.

better yet, if you have zero faith that a senior QB can not possibly get 20 yards in ten seconds, then QUIT PLAYING HIM.

We will agree to disagree.
Go Gophers.

$man

After the first down at the 45 with 10 seconds and 2 times outs, yes I favor a 20 yard pass.

Yeah and Leidner threw a pick against Purdue with 10 seconds left in the first half that turned into a TD.

$man

Their QB is looking dispirited... great job defense!

Yeah and Leidner threw a pick against Purdue with 10 seconds left in the first half that turned into a TD.

Different situation. On that one we were at like our own 20 and were playing an inferior opponent where we didn't need to take risks. Agree to disagree

Guys, I just saw RS88

Top Bottom