***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS WASHINGTON STATE HOLIDAY BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

How do I watch the trophy ceremony?

Great job by our defense tonight. Fantastic to see those kids compete against all odds.

It went straight to the Baylor game

It had a separate link. Already done.

Offensive MVP: RS1
Defensive MVP: $man

Not much else to report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unreal effort from the defense, never in a million years did I think we could contain their offense especially with all the guys we were missing. Couldn't be more proud of the guys on that field tonight. Not sure what will happen with the others but the defense has a very bright future based on what we saw today.

I have always believed that Leach is vastly overrated as a coach, but I am not seeing the magic in Luke Falk. Total system guy with marginal arm strength. I don't say this to minimize the Gophers' stellar defensive effort. Claeys and Sawvel really know what they are doing and they were one step ahead of Leach all night long. Great play by the LBs covering the stuff underneath and tackling well.

I have always believed that Leach is vastly overrated as a coach, but I am not seeing the magic in Luke Falk. Total system guy with marginal arm strength. I don't say this to minimize the Gophers' stellar defensive effort. Claeys and Sawvel really know what they are doing and they were one step ahead of Leach all night long. Great play by the LBs covering the stuff underneath and tackling well.

Falk definitely isn't NFL ready but the defense did a great job covering and the d-line/LBs decimated their offensive line. You don't throw for 4,000 yards and 37 TDs by accident. The defense just did a phenomenal job shutting them down tonight. Have to feel pretty good about what we have coming back on D.

Falk definitely isn't NFL ready but the defense did a great job covering and the d-line/LBs decimated their offensive line. You don't throw for 4,000 yards and 37 TDs by accident. The defense just did a phenomenal job shutting them down tonight. Have to feel pretty good about what we have coming back on D.

I'm guessing Falk will continue Leach's tradition of producing college QBs with eye-popping stats that don't translate to the next level.

When justice is served we will have 5 more coming back than we do today. Incredible job by the defense tonight! Shutdown a powerful offense.

When justice is served we will have 5 more coming back than we do today. Incredible job by the defense tonight! Shutdown a powerful offense.

I seriously gave the Gophers next to no chance of winning that game with all the bodies that were out. Great win.

I'm guessing Falk will continue Leach's tradition of producing college QBs with eye-popping stats that don't translate to the next level.

You say that like it is a bad thing.

I would love to have eye popping offensive numbers even if it is with inferior talent that doesn't make the NFL

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I would love to have eye popping offensive numbers even if it is with inferior talent that doesn't make the NFL

Seriously, **** the NFL. Give me a great QB for US.

McShay has Falk ranked as the #5 draft-eligible QB (although Falk has chosen to return to WSU). He looks like a system guy to me.

Unreal effort from the defense, never in a million years did I think we could contain their offense especially with all the guys we were missing. Couldn't be more proud of the guys on that field tonight. Not sure what will happen with the others but the defense has a very bright future based on what we saw today.
Ditto every word - a wonderful win that was really unexpected.

McShay has Falk ranked as the #5 draft-eligible QB (although Falk has chosen to return to WSU). He looks like a system guy to me.
I agree with your analysis. Not a big enough arm to make it in the NFL. Accuracy looked okay but didn't have much space to throw the ball.
Tonight though I think was more on his wideouts being out physicaled by the gophers. Gophers did a great job of taking away their slip screens and quick hitters.

Like many Gopher fans I had to choose between watching the bowl game and the basketball game. I chose hoops. I chose wrong, dammit.

Ditto every word - a wonderful win that was really unexpected.

Same here. I realistically thought we were going to get blown out by 2-3 TD's. Feels so good to eat this crow for breakfast!

Just awesome to see the heart and determination from the guys on the field last night. A very well deserved effort!

Like many Gopher fans I had to choose between watching the bowl game and the basketball game. I chose hoops. I chose wrong, dammit.

You know all you guys who watched the basketball team.... maybe the football team isn't the one disappointing everyone all the time.... maybe it's YOU guys bringing it with you.

Stop watching football!!!!

Both games were great even though the BB team lost. When was the last time we saw an entertaining B1G opener at Williams Arena? Oh, I think the fans are returning.

BTW, how many Gophers fan here cancelled their trip to San Diego?

That was an outstanding team win! They shut down one of the high scoring offense in the country with so many players either on suspension or injured before and during the game. I call that real good coaching.

It is sad that Claey's nine game win season is overshadowed.

Just wanted to chime in this morning about the unbelievable team effort last night. So proud of the guys for overcoming and getting the W. I didn't have much hope going into it and when Ayinde made that pick I was euphoric. Glad to eat crow this morning. This is exactly what the guys needed and helps to salvage things moving forward. Claeys and Sawvel are magicians on D.

Top Bottom