OFFICIAL: Minnesota vs Syracuse in Pinstripe Bowl

The Mayo bowl pays out more than the pinstripe....so Maryland jumped us

Sh*t bowl vs a sh*t opponent. Was thinking of attending our bowl game this year and this was the only bowl that I would not attend.
Are you a Gopher fan or an Orange fan. This could easily have been written by either.

Let’s just get revenge for the 2013 Texas Bowl. Fleck better play to win cause Syracuse will be slinging the ball.

Iowa had a worse record.
Iowa had a better season. Their B1G record was the same and they beat a couple teams with winning records - including us. We beat zero. Only Gopher fans pump their chests over wins against Eastern Illinois.

How about a positive:

Everything Ive read about the Pinstripe Bowl is the student athletes get A+ gear and gift package. The swag they get for this bowl is apparently among the best.
It’s a really good bowl and on par as music city and dukes in everything except for one thing:
Likely game time temp
Here is hoping for a cold day in Nashville.

Honestly I would’ve rather played Pitt if that was an option. I would’ve rather played Ok state if that was an option.

I’m indifferent between NC State, Syracuse, and Kentucky.
Kentucky QB is a likely opt out.
NC state QBs have been banged up and I’m not sure if they’re back.

The only knock on the pinstripe is temp.

Beat Iowa like we should have and we're not bitching about this. Would have been Indy instead of bitching.

Bear Iowa like we should have and we're not bitching about this.
Yeah. I honestly don’t care about not going to Nashville or Charlotte. I actually get to go to game!

But win 1 of the 4 we lost and we are mississippi state…win 2 or if the 1 is Purdue we are vs LSU

And they finished above the Gophers in mighty West…

And we finished above Purdue and Wisconsin last year, yet were placed below them.

What I am gaining from you is that you believe that Gophers players deserve less than players on other teams. Seems like pettiness or spitefulness for not winning as much as you wanted.

Iowa had a better season. Their B1G record was the same and they beat a couple teams with winning records - including us. We beat zero. Only Gopher fans pump their chests over wins against Eastern Illinois.

No....they didn't. They went 7-5. And they lost to two teams with LOSING records. Bad teams that went 4-8.

The Bowl Committees have to want you. The B1G is not going to force a Bowl to accept a team that it doesn't want.

If the folks behind the Music City or Mayo Bowl really wanted MN, they would tell the B1G and it would get worked out.

The Gophers are not going to the Music City or Mayo Bowl. that should tell you something about how MN is perceived outside of the fan bubble.

as to the opponent, it's easy to understand why the Pinstripe Bowl people would want a team in Syracuse that might help sell tickets.

Life ain't fair. why should sports be any different?

It's is official Big 10 conference hates us. No way dud Maryland deserve the Dukes bowl. We see the Gophers get jobber status fir the conference in Bowl selection no matter how we travel.

Well, we travelled very badly in the last bowl game. Maybe the conference does hate us. I don't know. Maybe they just as soon wish we would leave and join the Big 12.

Jackson State is more popular and more hype than Goophers

We’re just not a national recognition team
We no A lister, we more like D lister

tOSU & Mich = Taylor Swift
PSU = Dua Lipa
Wis & Iowa = Britney
Minn = Cindy Lauper (if you’re too young, Google her)

Even our Mo got shafted

If he was to be with Alabama or tOSU, he’d be a front runner for Heisman this year guaranteed. Being one of us hurt him.

Playing Syracuse is an honor

Personally I believe we deserve to play in a toilet bowl against Toledo in Detroit.
Not anymore. What a complete hot take rant. Wow.

The Bowl Committees have to want you. The B1G is not going to force a Bowl to accept a team that it doesn't want.

If the folks behind the Music City or Mayo Bowl really wanted MN, they would tell the B1G and it would get worked out.

The Gophers are not going to the Music City or Mayo Bowl. that should tell you something about how MN is perceived outside of the fan bubble.

as to the opponent, it's easy to understand why the Pinstripe Bowl people would want a team in Syracuse that might help sell tickets.

Life ain't fair. why should sports be any different?

Then that's on the Big Ten to figure out. If there are bowl destinations that simply don't want certain teams from the conference....then the Big Ten either needs to step in and force something....or dissolve that bowl connection when it's time to re-up. The Big Ten and the SEC are the two most profitable conferences....and look to be staying that way based on realignment. Big Ten shouldn't be bending over backwards for the bowls. Should be the other way around.

Top Bottom