OFFICIAL: Minnesota vs Syracuse in Pinstripe Bowl

Jackson State is more popular and more hype than Goophers

We’re just not a national recognition team
We no A lister, we more like D lister

tOSU & Mich = Taylor Swift
PSU = Dua Lipa
Wis & Iowa = Britney
Minn = Cindy Lauper (if you’re too young, Google her)

Even our Mo got shafted

If he was to be with Alabama or tOSU, he’d be a front runner for Heisman this year guaranteed. Being one of us hurt him.

Playing Syracuse is an honor

Personally I believe we deserve to play in a toilet bowl against Toledo in Detroit.

Pass, Missus and I will be watching this game from a warm weather destination

What team do you cheer for? You should qualify comments like this so they make sense. It makes no sense if you are a Gopher fan.
A true Gopher fan calls a spade a spade.

We did great, I’d be the first to say that we’re great!

We sucked, I tell you we suck.
That doesn’t make me any less of a “fan” than you
I’m just real, you in la la land bro.

What team do you cheer for? You should qualify comments like this so they make sense. It makes no sense if you are a Gopher fan.
Stop whining and to prove just how angry you are about it don’t watch the game.

If you were planning on traveling to a Bowl Game then yeah, get why you're unhappy or angry.

Just don't accept that the Gophers earned a better Bowl Game. They didn't beat a single team with a winning record. Though a couple have a chance to finish over .500 now.

They also spit the bit against Iowa. They dominated that game and only got into the end zone once.

Gonna watch and hope they get a 9-4 season out of it. That and getting the Axe, will make this season feel better.

3 bowl games in a row getting jumped by at least 1 team with a worse record. At some point it's no longer a coincidence.

I know it won't happen but I'd love to see Fleck and Coyle stop the good PR responses and call out the Big Ten for favoritism. There's no way one of their special teams would have this happen.
Those types of conversations are best held offline in my experience - no one likes to be publicly embarrassed.

3 bowl games in a row getting jumped by at least 1 team with a worse record. At some point it's no longer a coincidence.

I know it won't happen but I'd love to see Fleck and Coyle stop the good PR responses and call out the Big Ten for favoritism. There's no way one of their special teams would have this happen.
They are going to tell you how honored they are and what a fabulous event and venue this is.... and then they will offer you a travel plan for the game that is unaffordable.

The next time the Gophers don’t make a bowl game (could easily be next year with a tougher schedule) people will be looking back and saying, “Remember when we were fighting over which bowl game we were going to?”

As for the game, it felt like it was only a matter of time until we played in the Pinestripe Bowl. Pretty much every mid pack Big Ten team has played in it except us. The only way to avoid it was to have a great record or not make a bowl at all.

When it comes to on the field, I just hope we don’t get run off it. It’s basically a Syracuse home game, guys are already leaving via the transfer portal or might sit out, Syracuse is really good, and it’s versus a New York team in Yankee Stadium.

Minnesota=Twins
Syracuse=Yankees

I’ve seen enough baseball to know how this game will turn out.

The fact is that there are a couple of lower tier B1G bowls: The bottom 4 being Pinstripe, Duke's Mayo (Charlotte), Guaranteed Rate (Phoenix) and Motor City.
The bottom 3 or 4 conference bowl teams will always go to these bowls. We haven't been to the Pinstripe. Nine other B1G teams have. Everyone except us, tOSU, Mich, Nebraska and Illinois. The bowls (and seemingly that one in particular) really want to spread the participation around to every team in the league.
In other words, the Gophers were going to play in this bowl sooner or later unless we become a NY6 bowl team every year. The Gophers were NOT a NY6 bowl team this year.

Having sad that, I have been to six bowls, but doubt I will be going to this one (unless the trip with Creative Charters is really cool).

A 2022 bowl win will be the start to a great 2023 season. Go Gophers!

Suckacuse goin down like a clown!!!
1670189766687.gif

Have looked through the two Bowl Game threads now and still have a question?

Are people still arguing whether the Gophers should accept a Playoff Bid or push for the Rose Bowl?:unsure:

Could have been the Quick Lane Bowl game against Jerry Kill's New Mexico State.

If you tell me right now that they will let AK drop back to pass 40 times, I'm ok with this.

LOTS of Syracuse alums in the greater NYC area; that’s why the Orange are in this game.
Will likely make up the majority of fans there. NYC is a crime ridden trash dump.

Top Bottom