***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. Northwestern (GAME THREAD)

Classic Minnesota football. Why does it seem like this happens to us *every time*?

gophzoom.gif

Hats off to Tim Horton and Co.

But that two minute drill was painful

Relax guys. We are 0-0 in Big Ten away games.

I think the guys left everything they had on the field. they really tried to win this one. Now that they lost, they may not recover leading to a long long season.

I don't care how many "heartbrakers" this team loses, we are ALWAYS on the wrong end. As a student I spent the last 4 years watching this team go the wrong way on close games better than 90% of the time.

The one constant?

Adam Weber

You'd think we'd win a close game just once wouldn't you? Man that's painful to watch.

Weber, really needs to go. He shown here that he can not lead a team in a pressure situation. Everytime he messes up or throws a INT. He is just as much the problem as Brew and Maturi....we should have won this one. Amazing

I don't care how many "heartbrakers" this team loses, we are ALWAYS on the wrong end. As a student I spent the last 4 years watching this team go the wrong way on close games better than 90% of the time.

The one constant?

Adam Weber

The other constant: Tim Brewster

tough loss. i really thought the offense looked better. good play action, better running game. defense had moments of decent play. i do give them credit for battling. anyone who says brewster has "lost the team" has no clue. if he had, the team wouldnt have shown up. coaches in the pros lose their team because the players are millionaires. college, not so much. that being said...more ugliness awaits.

2 at best. Illinois looked tough today though, so a 'wacky' 1-7.

I think purdue will be our only other shot. I think Illinois is better than what people give them credit for. I think they are better than us.

We looked much better as a whole but as has been said several times we play to not lose and it was apparent today in the last 4 minutes.

Those last few play calls were just epic in their badness. No one, and I mean NO ONE, was fooled by the "Statue of Liberty" fake.

The futility just goes on and on and on and on.

Is this the bottom or do I have to wait til they go 0 for the Big 10?

You know, I predicted 41-24. If you consider the 2 red zone turnovers by NU and the extra score we got off one of those -- and the game went about the way I suspected. They handed us this game, and we still couldn't take it. That's when 'fubar' is the only description left, and firing the coach the only thing left to do.

I think purdue will be our only other shot. I think Illinois is better than what people give them credit for. I think they are better than us.

That's what I was saying. Purdue and Illinois, but after today, just Purdue. If...

Maybe we should be wearing the gold helmets, at least that would show some consistency.

we have a worse offensive and just as bad as a defense as we did during our 1-11 season.

Top Bottom