***-OFFICIAL-*** Minnesota Vs. Iowa (GAME THREAD)

some observations from a distance

Regardless of what anyone says...I still miss our old
offense. Not sure what difference it would make tonight,
but I still miss it.

And, Cal Stoll used to say that he always had his o-line
by the third game. There is little excuse for the lack of
improvement on the o-line at this point of the season.

The best O-line coach we ever had at the U was fired.
Not saying we hire him back, but they seriously need
to find someone that can build a line as the season goes
along. It won't matter a lick who we recruit if they're
not well-coached.

In any event, Iowa fans will be more melancholic about
this game than the Gophers. We are SOOOO ready to finally
have a home field its sick. Too bad we're kinda playing
like it.

Is there any hope for some of these guys on the O-line? I know some of them are young but I have a hard time finding even one solid player to build off of.

i was wondering that exact thing. i think there will be significant opportunities for next years class to come in and get some good playing time. lets pray that lewan sees that and recognizes what that means

Is there any hope for some of these guys on the O-line? I know some of them are young but I have a hard time finding even one solid player to build off of.
That depends oin what they want. Iowa's line is very young also-they seem to be doing well.:D as always

Friz,

Agree with you and understand why Iowa fans are crowing.

After all, it's a rivalry right??

Anyhow, we're still really woeful on offense and our defense is paying the price.

I think Iowa will do well in whatever bowl they end up in.

As for us..check back in about two years. :p

That depends oin what they want. Iowa's line is very young also-they seem to be doing well.:D as always

friz, i don't mind smack talk. iowa is manhandling us. but i really pity you because you can find no other joy in life other than being a richardrodriguez-head?

what goes around comes around.:D

PATHETIC

The offense should just stay in the f---ing locker room after halftime. Adam Weber has been awful since he got injured against Indiana. Simply awful. If he can't or won't RUN, then why is he in there? As for Mike Dunbar, look buddy, if your schemes are THIS bad, it's time you retire and let someone with some ideas run the offense. I realize that we don't have overwhelming athletes on offense right now, but anyone who watched the team last year KNOWS that the offense was only successful when Weber ran the ball. Since the first possession against Indiana, how many times has Weber run? 10? 8? 11? Whatever it is, if I can nearly count that number by counting my fingers, then the scheme is WRONG.

The defense played their heart out yet again. It's too much. The defense should be better again next year...and it looks like it should be a full-out competition between Weber and Gray. All of the O-line positions should be up for grabs, and so should the running backs. Hayo Carpenter needs to be as good as advertised, and a healthy Decker, Carpenter, Green, and Brock should go a long way to being a much more solid receiving corps. As for Dunbar, Brewster should start looking for a new O coordinator. Those plays are extremely predictable and disgusting to watch. And in 3rd-and-short, it's about time we use an I formation.

As for the refs, nice SPOTS for Iowa on their first 3 drives. Holy hell! I realize there are 20,000 Pigs there grunting at you, but really, can you even attempt to be fair? One thing I'd really like to see when we get out of the Dome is some fairer reffing. I cannot recall even one single instance where the refs helped us win a game. What good is a home field if the refs f--- you anyway?

Friz,

I'm sorry but you make no sense to me. What does "That depends on what the want" mean? Who are you talking about? And no one said anything about your offensive line. Just a little confused by your bumbling responses.

Wow, where do I begin?

What a fitting way to end the dome era. It's almost like the dome itself wants to get a few last good shots before the gophers move on. At this point I'm disappointed in the coaches. The gophers look EXACTLY like they did 4 games ago. Nothing has changed, nothing has improved.

Friz,

I'm sorry but you make no sense to me. What does "That depends on what the want" mean? Who are you talking about? And no one said anything about your offensive line. Just a little confused by your bumbling responses.

actually he wrote "OIN what the want"

Yeah, I thought I would change it so the rest of you out there didn't have to read it again.

Wow, where do I begin?

What a fitting way to end the dome era. It's almost like the dome itself wants to get a few last good shots before the gophers move on. At this point I'm disappointed in the coaches. The gophers look EXACTLY like they did 4 games ago. Nothing has changed, nothing has improved.

it is amazing, who would have thought that OFFENSE would be our problem this year.

Friz,

I'm sorry but you make no sense to me. What does "That depends on what theY want" mean? Who are you talking about? And no one said anything about your offensive line. Just a little confused by your bumbling responses.
i am just saying-If the Coaches want to get better they will have to put up with growing pains. Young team, good coach-Sorry about the bumbling-ever since i left bigten country all i have had to do is drink-KANSAS SUCKS and lets face it non of us live on the beach!

Unfortunately they look exactly like they did 20 years ago.... and nothing has changed. At least I can watch meltdowns outside next year.

Iowa has big-ten champ caliber talent. If only they didn't choke away the first half of the season. Cheer up boys, the best is ahead of us for Minnesota football.

friz, i don't mind smack talk. iowa is manhandling us. but i really pity you because you can find no other joy in life other than being a richardrodriguez-head?

what goes around comes around.:D
You are correct it will coem around but, but you have to love it while you live it! And I hate RAMROD. With all things aside this game i would pull for you guys over any other B10 team.

Iowa has big-ten champ caliber talent. If only they didn't choke away the first half of the season. Cheer up boys, the best is ahead of us for Minnesota football.

??

Serious??

They have more talent than us right now, but to say they have a lot of talent is bordering hilarious. Iowa blew some games early, also got a gift against Penn State with the weather and Penn State beating themselves, etc. Basically, Iowa is as good as their record is - better than average.

A defense of 70 year old ladies could stop our offense right now. In fact, if Iowa didn't even put any players on the field I doubt we could run for a touchdown without tripping. Iowa is doing nothing better than anyone else the past 4 weeks has done to us; except that Shonn Greene is a beast and Stanzi has made some amazingly lucky getaways.

"and lets face it non of us live on the beach!"

Not so fast there Herky!!

You are correct it will coem around but, but you have to love it while you live it! And I hate RAMROD. With all things aside this game i would pull for you guys over any other B10 team.

i was trying to find a pg way to say "male-genitalia" head. because if i was on friendly terms with RR, and i am not, i would say: "whats up dick rodriguez?" because dick is short for richard. but i guess i didn't pull it off because i had to explain it.;)

i was trying to find a pg way to say "male-genitalia" head. because if i was on friendly terms with RR, and i am not, i would say: "whats up dick rodriguez?" because dick is short for richard. but i guess i didn't pull it off because i had to explain it.;)

i desreved that--HAHA i did not get it. Oh well. :eek::rolleyes:

Stoudemire is the only one who came to play on our team today.

Motor City Bowl here we come.

Stoudemire is the only one who came to play on our team today.

He is dang good and as an added bonus fast...Play recap they just missed an easy TD ouch. Weber Simons no go. What year is STD-i am not going to try and spell his name anymore than that i will KILL it:cool:

i am going to pop in a dvd. fight club, or karate kid. something that helps relieve this stress.
i hope that the gophers come back and win this game, but i can't take it anymore.

3 first downs?????

The whole offense revolves around your quarterback..........and Adam Weber has been one poor excuse for a QB these last four games. He's had enough opportunities to come out of this slump. I would have benched him after the first half. They couldn't do any worse.

Just remember....they still live in Iowa. HAA HAAAAAA hOOO hOOOOO heeee heeee

Top Bottom