*** OFFICIAL MINNESOTA-SOUTH DAKOTA STATE IN-GAME THREAD ***

Anyone think Wolters for SDSU would've made a difference? I think he would have.

I don't think I've ever seen Rodney get so many "easy" blocks. It's like SDSU is serving it up on a silver platter.

Boy. You can tell that Mo Walker REALLY needs some game time minutes. Looks REALLY rusty.

Oto has not looked sharp. Still hoping the light goes on at some point. I'm starting to think I'd like to see Wally play this year.

Wow, Shell had a great drive to the hole. Kind of shocked me.

I'm all for Kendal Shell taking Oto's Minutes from this point forward. More minutes for Ingram too!

Why didn't Halvo play? Looked like he was checking in. Has to be better than Oto.

Elliason to do list for offseason:

1. Eat 5 Chipotle burritos a day.
2. Lift.
3. Hook shot practice.

dont forget plyometric training, he needs to get a lot more athletic before next year, rodney and trevor wont be there to adjust shots hen EE gets beat off the dribble

dont forget plyometric training, he needs to get a lot more athletic before next year, rodney and trevor wont be there to adjust shots hen EE gets beat off the dribble

I've accepted he's going to be a big awkward dude. I just hope he can be a big and strong awkward dude.

For those of you that left the game early. You may have missed Kendal Shell outscore Rodney Williams :p

Great game tonight. Andre was a stud. Trevor gave some good minutes (still wish we would give him more meaningful minutes and less garbage time minutes).

Austin Hollins and Joe Coleman were great once again. Joe Coleman with 0 turnovers is one of the highlights of the night for me (besides Andre's 20 points in the first half of course).

Thank you for making a 3 Oto! I hope there's plenty more where that came from in the Big Ten season.

Semi-dissapointing night for Eliot. If you play 19 minutes, you need to do a little better than 4 boards and 2 turnovers my dude.

Rodney's first quiet night of the year if I'm not mistaken. Thankfully he wasn't really needed as the young guns just went off.

Our guard play is head and shoulders some of the best we've seen in the Tubby Smith Era. I don't think we've seen scorers in the back court like this in a long time. 54 of the 88 points for the Hollins & Dre is pretty darn impressive. Keep it up gentleman.

I almost forgot to mention Andre Ingram. Great game with a sweet little baseline jumper there in the first half.

I didn't see the game, just listened to it on the radio. Does anyone have an explanation for how Rodney was held to just 2 points against this team. I would have thought with his athletic advantage he would have gone off on them for 25 plus. Was it really just an off night or was he holding back a little?

I didn't see the game, just listened to it on the radio. Does anyone have an explanation for how Rodney was held to just 2 points against this team. I would have thought with his athletic advantage he would have gone off on them for 25 plus. Was it really just an off night or was he holding back a little?

He was off tonight. Couldn't finish. Missed jump shots. He played great D though and had a few monster blocks.

Best part of the night was the free Son of Baconator coupons everyone won. That was a fantastic way to end the night.

Was I imagining things, or was Welch freezing out Maverick? On one particular possession, there were three times he could/should have passed to Mav, and he went the other way. Maybe making an issue where there is none, but worth noting that Julian's minutes have gone to Mav this year.

Julian. Tubby gave him lots of minutes in the second half to give him a chance to play his way off the end of the bench, and Welch just kept gluing himself to the bench with poor play. His jump shot is flat and violent. What's happened to that guy?

Was I imagining things, or was Welch freezing out Maverick? On one particular possession, there were three times he could/should have passed to Mav, and he went the other way. Maybe making an issue where there is none, but worth noting that Julian's minutes have gone to Mav this year.

Julian. Tubby gave him lots of minutes in the second half to give him a chance to play his way off the end of the bench, and Welch just kept gluing himself to the bench with poor play. His jump shot is flat and violent. What's happened to that guy?

Welch is in a horrible horrible slump. I thought he might be pulling out of in the FSU game when he hit two three's but he seems to have fallen back into it. He's got a few game to climb back out. We need him in Big Ten play. Mav has also cooled off shot wise but seems to be playing more controlled. We really need some production out of either of these two in the Big Ten. Andre won't be able to play all 40 minutes.

This is purely, purely speculation, but do you think his knees might be aching?

Boy, I hope that's not the case. That's the last thing this team needs right now. I don't personally know Julian and he is definitely in a slump right now, but I hope he's not capable of that.

People praised Welch after the G Tech game because he hit a few shots (which was good to see) but he was at the helm when FSU went on their 2nd half run & it wasn't until Tubby yanked him & got Dre back in that the run ended.

People praised Welch after the G Tech game because he hit a few shots (which was good to see) but he was at the helm when FSU went on their 2nd half run & it wasn't until Tubby yanked him & got Dre back in that the run ended.

I don't want to get into a cottage industry of Welch bashing, but it's a fair question to ask why he's had such a tough time so far in his senior season. It just looks like something or some things are wrong. That one free throw was horrendously off. He's never been a burner, but he looks slower than I even remember. As I watched him moving around out there, I was recalling the things Bob Uecker wrote about himself and how slow he was (e.g. his chances of scoring from first on a triple were minimal).

I don't want to get into a cottage industry of Welch bashing, but it's a fair question to ask why he's had such a tough time so far in his senior season. It just looks like something or some things are wrong. That one free throw was horrendously off. He's never been a burner, but he looks slower than I even remember. As I watched him moving around out there, I was recalling the things Bob Uecker wrote about himself and how slow he was (e.g. his chances of scoring from first on a triple were minimal).

The old coach quote...."Son, you might be small, but you're slow"

Top Bottom