*** OFFICIAL MINNESOTA-SOUTH DAKOTA STATE IN-GAME THREAD ***

firstrowsports is working great I thought.
this is no big surprise , nate wolters wouldn't make a diference, he's overhyped. NDSU will give the gophs a better game next week since they are more balanced and have a legit big man down low.

these espn 3 announcers must be from brookings, or sioux falls, or wherever sdsu is located at the talking up wolters is already annoying me

Except when he was 8-22 against the Gophs last year? Shall I continue.

Ok. How about when he put 30 and 7 with no turnovers on a top ten pick in Terrence Ross? Using one game as your sample is always a great idea.

The feed TcGopher provided is much better than firstrow for me.

firstrowsports is working great I thought.
this is no big surprise , nate wolters wouldn't make a diference, he's overhyped. NDSU will give the gophs a better game next week since they are more balanced and have a legit big man down low.

No one is afraid of the Bison.

These guys have their heads up their butts so far...Rodney is playing like he and Devoe smoked a bowl before the game.

Ok. How about when he put 30 and 7 with no turnovers on a top ten pick in Terrence Ross? Using one game as your sample is always a great idea.

Who cares guys.....he is a decent player. I think he would actually start on this team....maybe in place of Coleman. Not sure he would play in front of either Hollins kid. Too bad he isn't playingtonight. It would not have mattered, but if SDSU keeps it within 15 we will never hear the end of how much closer it would have been with Wolters playing.

Also, Austin's athleticism on big dunks is always shocking, even though I've seen it numerous times.

Dre is 4-4 from 3. Turnovers about even at 7-6.

Funny part is Dykstra actually made a good move there. That's normally a bucket in the Summit League.

Agree. Unfortunately for the Jacks this is big boy basketball.

Gophers beating on SDSU, up 19 with ~3:30 left in the half.

A lot of good defensive pressure leading to deflected passes and turnovers.

God it feels good to absolutely clobber teams you are supposed too.

Hopefully SDSU will do some winning after this and jack up our RPI.

Wolters is overrated. Wouldn't be half the player he is if he had been in the B1G.

Ignorant people like you really irritate me! The kid is going to get an opportunity to play in the league (NBA) after going under the radar in HS (not having many D1 offers) and playing college ball at freakin' South Dakota State. He is not overrated, he has an impressive work ethic that had led to him being able to put up HUGE numbers in the summit and against solid non conference opponents for 4 years.

Good lord Andre. If he can just work on some consistency he's going to be special.

Ignorant people like you really irritate me! The kid is going to get an opportunity to play in the league (NBA) after going under the radar in HS (not having many D1 offers) and playing college ball at freakin' South Dakota State. He is not overrated, he has an impressive work ethic that had led to him being able to put up HUGE numbers in the summit and against solid non conference opponents for 4 years.

Dude, don't even bother.

48-24 Gophers at half, Dre has 20pts on 7-8 FGs.

Wolters or not this game would be ugly.

bucky wolters wont be in the nba, he is overrated he is the only decent player on a mid major team so he takes control and gets a lot of his points in runs to the basket and gets the calls. he hasn't stepped it up vs bigger competition and that will be why he will be over in Europe with ben woodside. woodside put up 38 vs Kansas and 63 vs #1 Missouri valley team drake. Big difference.

back to the game, Wow, gophers are impressive get your tickets now, they will be hard to get this spring. Great talent!!

Top performers per espn for each team:

South Dakota State: J. Bittle 3 Pts, 2 Reb, 3 Ast, 1 Stl

Minnesota: A. Hollins 20 Pts, 1 Ast, 1 Stl

(yikes for SDSU)...

Andre 6-7 from 3 at half, the only miss was a heat check after going 6-6! Austin Hollins has had some really nice moments on D and the Gophers athleticism as a team is arguably standing out more tonight than it has in any game this year.

Would love to see a concerted effort to work on the half court offense in the second half.

Hopefully Dre drops 40 again.

He'll probably only play 5 minutes in the 2nd half...He'll wind up with 25. This game is headed for 90-something to 50 something...UGLY! I feel sorry for them! Great to see Andre shooting so well!

He's up to 42% on 3's for the season now...

bucky wolters wont be in the nba, he is overrated he is the only decent player on a mid major team so he takes control and gets a lot of his points in runs to the basket and gets the calls. he hasn't stepped it up vs bigger competition and that will be why he will be over in Europe with ben woodside. woodside put up 38 vs Kansas and 63 vs #1 Missouri valley team drake. Big difference.

Is everything about NDSU with you? Don't you guys have your own board you can circlejerk about the Bison in?

IMO...this team (if they stay healthy) is a sweet 16 capable squad. If 3 guys can consistently hit threes, we are as good as any team in the country. Oto being 0 fer, Dre being all or nothing and Mav being 5'11 are problems for us. If Rodney can hit 2-3 per game, Austin 2-3 per game and Dre/Mav 2-3 per game (when we are being zoned/sagging on the big guys) we are virtually unbeatable. Our defense is very good, interior help defense is ugly good and we block 6 plus shots per game and 4 plus steals. Turn overs are an issue, but lack of 3 ball is bigger game in and out in my opinion because we can overcome turn overs with defense.

Top Bottom