*** OFFICIAL MINNESOTA-MICHIGAN STATE IN-GAME THREAD ***

Horrendous gameday coaching. These coaches are good in general, but in-game decisions and (lack of) adjustments are always dreadful.

Yet to be impressed. Wildly frustrating.

Horrendous gameday coaching. These coaches are good in general, but in-game decisions and (lack of) adjustments are always dreadful.

Yet to be impressed. Wildly frustrating.

Our OC leaves something to be desired...

Just kneel it. It's not like we want to win...

I keep telling you guys.....Limegrover is horrible. He only has about 4 plays and they all suck.

Run up the middle
QB draw
Bubble screen
Occasional deep shot

Incredibly predictable and ineffective. Gophers lose only because of him.

All a part of the plan bro, the faster the ball is in Maxwell's hand the faster we can score points.

ohhh.png

I repeat what I wrote last week, our Mr. Nelson is seriously lacking in accuracy. His vision is suspect, as well, but I believe that's a function of starting as a true freshman. Here's hoping he proves me wrong in the second half.

We have no offense and Kill throws away the before-the-half final seconds again. We need a QB like Gardner to win in the Big14.

Our OC leaves something to be desired...

Yeah, our DC too. Lack of pressure up front. Refusal to put more men in the box when we are being run all over.

15 yard cushions from our CBs on 3rd and 2. In fact there is never a bump on a receiver. Even with the cushion, our CBs back peddle for 5 yards before they approach the WR. Couple that with our lack of run pressure and we wonder where all the opposition's downfield blocking comes from. This explains the plethora of huge runs against us.

I suppose we are going for element of surprise when it comes to blitzes because we only do it once a game.

MSU could've put about 27 points on the board...

We have 53 yards on Offense... wow...

I get how Gray is a senior and all, and its cute that you're playing him so much because it's senior day.

But let's be honest: every defense in the world knows what's coming. Especially in the middle of the field. He's only a good choice at QB within the red zone.

He still rushed for nearly 1,000 yards last year when other teams knew what was coming. He's a much better option than Nelson right now if you ask me. Nelson looks overwhelmed.

Nelson is either not going through his progression checks or he is under threat for a sack. Open receivers have been missed.

We will never win any type of big-time close football games unless our in-game coaching improves. Too many other coaches will outcoach Kill, Claeys and Limegrover.

Why not play Q at FB? He is not fooling the Sparty D on center

Still one lucky deflected pass for an MSU td and despite that luck, this is an even game. Come out with some adjustments on the second half and hopefully we can pull this out. A game we can and need to win.

Why aren't receivers helping out by looking at QB?

Yeah, our DC too. Lack of pressure up front. Refusal to put more men in the box when we are being run all over.

15 yard cushions from our CBs on 3rd and 2. In fact there is never a bump on a receiver. Even with the cushion, our CBs back peddle for 5 yards before they approach the WR. Couple that with our lack of run pressure and we wonder where all the opposition's downfield blocking comes from. This explains the plethora of huge runs against us.

I suppose we are going for element of surprise when it comes to blitzes because we only do it once a game.

The defense has been pretty darn good, especially considering they've been on the field a LOT.

No timing patterns either where he throws to a spot. Doesn't help when the WR's have trouble with seperation.

He still rushed for nearly 1,000 yards last year when other teams knew what was coming. He's a much better option than Nelson right now if you ask me. Nelson looks overwhelmed.

True, he looks overwhelmed. But he's the future, and needs to learn to navigate games against tough defenses. Grey never did lose the gimmicky character of his QB career. It's sad because i really liked him and wanted him to be the real deal. The reason he is in the place he is now is because we wasted so much time with him either on the bench or at WR. We didn't bite the bullet early in his career and go with him, and we are paying for it now.

Can't make the same mistake with Nelson just because he isn't playing well against a good defense with almost zero WR talent and a injured offensive line.

The defense has been pretty darn good, especially considering they've been on the field a LOT.

I hear you, my point is that the scheme they are put in does not help them out. Put the same athletes with the same instincts and drive with a different set of defensive play calling, and we are that much better.

I'm glad to see that our defense made an adjustment and is now stuffing the run.

Oh, wait...

Holy crap! They stopped running and our defense starts looking like geniuses!!

They're up 9... that's game...

Really can't see us scoring twice as stale as the Offense has been...

We have great field position... if we go 3 & out... smh...

Top Bottom