***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Most people will stick to a belief no matter the evidence. They believe what they want, not what is. Pitino will never finish ahead of Gard in the conference.
One thing Wisconsin has is a team of fundamentally sound jump shooters - the form of our shooters is a grab bag of bad habits that have not been corrected. just compare shooting stats.

Lil' Ricky shouting "jump ball" jump ball" "jump ball" as they are walking to the other end for FT.
Like the officials are going to get together and overrule the foul call. Just sums up what a goober he is. Can't wait to have some optimism with the new coach chosen by Coyle. I have 100% faith that Coyle will find a Fleck like hire.
Yeah no other coach complains about a call after the fact.

How did Gaard coach well tonight? Are you going to answer.
I did not know who Gaard was, i thought you maybe meant that young kid that works in sports radio. For Gard it was in the preparation , the adjustments, the plays out of timeouts. His players believe in him. He was not perfect as in real time i would not have allowed Carr to ever go right but he was not going to give up space. His real strength is how he makes a team cohesive.

I did not know who Gaard was, i thought you maybe meant that young kid that works in sports radio. For Gard it was in the preparation , the adjustments, the plays out of timeouts. His players believe in him. He was not perfect as in real time i would not have allowed Carr to ever go right but he was not going to give up space. His real strength is how he makes a team cohesive.

He sure cut it close tonight. Relying on the gophers to miss free throws and choke it away was pure genius. Of course, maybe that was advance scouting! LMAO

Last edited:

This has been a show-me season for Greg Gard, and he's really proven himself. We all wondered how the Badgers would do without Ethan Happ, and they predictably struggled early. I wasn't the only one who was optimistic that Gard would be lost without the all-American and Wisconin would struggle to finish .500 in conference. Early on it was worse even than I hoped, and then it's not only turned around, it's almost unreal where they're sitting now. This is arguably as good a coaching job as Bo Ryan did in any of his seasons there. They don't have a star player. There is no Devin Harris, no Brian Butch, no Frank Kaminsky, no Jordan Taylor, no Kirk Penney, no Alando Tucker...do I need to go on? At the very least, people who (maybe correctly) call Davison a no-talent hack: if that's the case and they're contending for a conference title with him starting, what does that mean?

This has been a show-me season for Greg Gard, and he's really proven himself. We all wondered how the Badgers would do without Ethan Happ, and they predictably struggled early. I wasn't the only one who was optimistic that Gard would be lost without the all-American and Wisconin would struggle to finish .500 in conference. Early on it was worse even than I hoped, and then it's not only turned around, it's almost unreal where they're sitting now. This is arguably as good a coaching job as Bo Ryan did in any of his seasons there. They don't have a star player. There is no Devin Harris, no Brian Butch, no Frank Kaminsky, no Jordan Taylor, no Kirk Penney, no Alando Tucker...do I need to go on? At the very least, people who (maybe correctly) call Davison a no-talent hack: if that's the case and they're contending for a conference title with him starting, what does that mean?

I think it means MSU is down, Michigan is down, Purdue is down. I think it means the Big 10 is significantly overrated.

Yep. After our win at home, we were basically even with them. I predicted a 6-1 finish and thought we/Pitino had this thing figured out. Not only did we completely go in the tank, but Wisconsin hasn’t lost since and has done exactly what I thought the Gophers were going to do just to rub it in.

Pitino claims a moral victory in his presser. Also talks about how young we are.

Not that his agenda is obvious or anything.
Didn’t see the presser but in my opinion the team is young. The best 3 players are all sophomores and we don’t have a lottery pick on the roster.
Hard to finish games that way.

He is a fraud who always claims on his radio show that he will never make excuses and your record is your record...Then he spews this crap....This team is gonna be awful next year without Oturu.
Where is Oturu going?

Let's say Oturu stays.

We still can't shoot.

Maybe not being able to shoot will somehow vault us into the top of the Big 10 conference.

Let's say Oturu stays.

We still can't shoot.

Maybe not being able to shoot will somehow vault us into the top of the Big 10 conference.
I don’t disagree with you.
I think you’ve identified the issue quite well.
We have no depth and no bench due to roster mismanagement. This has been the case every year except one in the RP tenure.

I think it means MSU is down, Michigan is down, Purdue is down. I think it means the Big 10 is significantly overrated.
I do think you're on to something, there. The Big Ten is projected to get around 10 teams in the NCAA tournament, but if a couple of teams had lost a non-conference game that they won, the conference might be looking at getting 2-3 less teams in the tournament. There's a pretty fine line.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I don't see Wisconsin (or any of the other Big Ten teams, for that matter) as being that outstanding. I see lots of inconsistent performances throughout college basketball, so I don't really see any teams that stand above the rest this season. It should make for another very unpredictable NCAA tournament, but I hope I'm right that Wisconsin will bow out pretty quickly.

This is their "down year" too. Roster only gets better with upcoming classes.

I do think you're on to something, there. The Big Ten is projected to get around 10 teams in the NCAA tournament, but if a couple of teams had lost a non-conference game that they won, the conference might be looking at getting 2-3 less teams in the tournament. There's a pretty fine line.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I don't see Wisconsin (or any of the other Big Ten teams, for that matter) as being that outstanding. I see lots of inconsistent performances throughout college basketball, so I don't really see any teams that stand above the rest this season. It should make for another very unpredictable NCAA tournament, but I hope I'm right that Wisconsin will bow out pretty quickly.
I dont think Wisconsin is very good, but gotta give them credit they always find a way to win.

Yeah. I don’t like Demir. But Ihnen on both ends killed us at the end
Ihnen is going to be a star. But..he did miss an open three and then a defensive assignment. No doubt about that, but the kid is really coming along - 10 boards tonight.

as far as the rosters, the Gophers might be more "talented" than WI - but the WI players are recruited to play a specific system, they are coached to play in a specific system, and they know what is expected of them in that system. When you have that, a less talented roster can defeat a more talented roster if they execute - and the other team doesn't.

Ironically, saying that MN has a more talented roster is really a criticism of Pitino. If you have more talent on paper, but you're losing on the court, then the coaching staff is not getting the most out of their talent.

I am Not a Badger fan, but I respect the fact that they can win games with that level of talent.

wouldn't it be fun, just once, to talk about the Gophers beating a more-talented team because of their superior execution?

Top Bottom