***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

If Battle is just average we win. If we take care of the ball just a little bit, we win.

Some good to take from this game but still a lot of bad.

This loss will be spun as a gritty hard played loss where this team showed signs of developing. However it was a continuation of poorly played basketball - turnovers and just continuous poor offensive possessions are not showing improvements. Sconnies poor play tonight let the Gophers hang around. I am still on the highly frustrated band wagon and don’t see a way out of this programs tailspin

Time expiring. Need a three. Approaching the 3-point line. Choices are:

1) Shoot in time and maybe get fouled or maybe get the rebound shot?
2) Pass the ball with time expiring and maybe time runs out or maybe shot gets off?
2) Dribble around, don't shoot, and get ball stolen.

Gophers choose #3 of course.

So many turnovers.
Better defense and poor shooting by WI.
Missed opportunity.
It's how we play them every single time. Game is there for the taking, but we just are a suck program.

This loss will be spun as a gritty hard played loss where this team showed signs of developing. However it was a continuation of poorly played basketball - turnovers and just continuous poor offensive possessions are not showing improvements. Sconnies poor play tonight let the Gophers hang around. I am still on the highly frustrated band wagon and don’t see a way out of this programs tailspin
It was competitive for the most part though I never really thought the Gophers could win the game.

Can take some good out of it but a whole lot of bad basketball both ends of the court.

Damnit. Snapped our two game win streak. :cool:

Wisconsin played very good team defense. I think you gotta to give them credit on that front. Just shows you good defense can carry you when the offense is off.

I might be crazy but I swear they never reset the shot clock after the jump ball with 38 seconds left. I’m trying to find a replay but I can’t. I also could be totally wrong. It is a shame this team couldn’t pull this game off. Almost an exact replica of the game last year in Madison.

Wisconsin played very good team defense. I think you gotta to give them credit on that front. Just shows you good defense can carry you when the offense is off.
You can credit maybe 10 of the 20 turnovers to their defense. But several of them were just sloppy, especially by Battle.

Realities.

Coaches were yelling to do things in plays they didn't do.

You can tell players you can't play like that but you can't make them not play like that.

Effort can make a big effect on defense.

On offense it comes down more to skill, and that is not so easy to change. It's incrementally improve little by little or bring in a better talent. Effort helps but not like it does on defense.

Need better ball movement. Need better ball security attention.

Otherwise they were entertaining and worked hard. That is what we get from this team this season. Realities.

They beat the spread. They were close.

I might be crazy but I swear they never reset the shot clock after the jump ball with 38 seconds left. I’m trying to find a replay but I can’t. I also could be totally wrong. It is a shame this team couldn’t pull this game off. Almost an exact replica of the game last year in Madison.
They didn't. They turned it over and gave the Gophers the same shot clock

The difference in movement on offense between Wisconsin and Minnesota is incredible. We always looked poorly spaced. Half of our shots are forced.

Listen, I HATE the ol moral victory. That said, if we play like that we may win a game or 2. At least wasn't an embarrassing game

It was competitive for the most part though I never really thought the Gophers could win the game.

Can take some good out of it but a whole lot of bad basketball both ends of the court.
That badger team was not good (not many offensive weapons). Incredibly overrated. They seem to be in a similar spot in lacking a star guard (chucky is a step up fro what we have though). The difference is the play team ball and value each possession.

If we play like that against any of the teams with fire power, watch out… it will get ugly fast

Top Bottom