***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Back at it tonight in the sterile Kohl Center where tickets can be had for $6. It feels like we haven't played a game in forever.

Golden opportunity to turn the season around, a win at wisconsin will excite the fan base and show critical progress. It doesn't matter how it's done, just scrap and win ugly, heck, uw has done that for decades.

Why not us? Why not tonight?

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure I've ever been less excited for a game. Need shooters to get hot. I don't expect to catch the Badgers sleeping, as I'm sure their MN born players are excited for this one.

Goals for the game (Small wins which are easily measurable):
  • Keep the margin within 8 points
  • Coming out of Halftime, win the first four minute stretch by 2 pts and 2nd 4 min stretch by 3pts (no coming out flat like usually)
  • Shoot 21+ Team FTs - (this would equal a top 50 team in the NCAA for FT attempts per game) - which hopefully means we are going inside and not relying on jump shooting
  • 70%+ on FTs
  • Assist to Turnover ratio of 2 - our average is just over 1
  • Like a better shot distribution within the paint or sets to get open treys at the top of the key as that is our best percentage spots

field goals.JPG

• Coming out of Halftime, win the first four minute stretch by 2 pts and 2nd 4 min stretch by 3pts (no coming out flat like usually)
  • Shoot 21+ Team FTs - (this would equal a top 50 team in the NCAA for FT attempts per game) - which hopefully means we are going inside and not relying on jump shooting
  • 70%+ on FTs
Definitely can't afford one of our classic scoring droughts either.

• 70%+ on FTs
  • Like a better shot distribution within the paint or sets to get open treys at the top of the key as that is our best percentage spots

View attachment 22924
Considering only Stanford (23) Kansas (21) and UW Green Bay(23) have reached the 21+ FT Attempts vs. Wisc., that one is going to be hard to reach. If we can keep the FT attempts to be close to equal (+ or - 2) that would be good.

Last edited:

I feel weirdly optimistic tonight. Had a nice long break, holidays are done, finals are done, classes haven’t started yet. Have a chance to show that you’re not the team that everyone is proclaiming them to be, and they can be more than a doormat for the rest of the big 10.

Maybe this optimism is completely unfounded, but I’m excited for tonight.

I looked at the team pic of UW. They look like smart players. They will use space efficiently and see the court clearly. MN will have to use their quickness and out muscle them. Sadly, this is how the tv commentators today use micro aggressions in the call.

I looked at the team pic of UW. They look like smart players. They will use space efficiently and see the court clearly. MN will have to use their quickness and out muscle them. Sadly, this is how the tv commentators today use micro aggressions in the call.
Did you see Jack Janicki is walking on there? Are you surprised?

1672783313590.png

whats the spread 14.5? lets try to lose by less than that

I feel weirdly optimistic tonight. Had a nice long break, holidays are done, finals are done, classes haven’t started yet. Have a chance to show that you’re not the team that everyone is proclaiming them to be, and they can be more than a doormat for the rest of the big 10.

The stars should be able to line up at least once for the Gophers. I think the top 7 players have had at least one game where they scored 15+ points. How about 3 or 4 guys make that happen. Why not tonight? And then somehow Becky throws up bricks all night.

Oh well, at least I can hope!

You can’t be serious.

Love your assessment of Wisconsin playing similar game to what they have used for twenty years or so.

Love to hear your theory on wether or not the Gophers will run on 3rd and 3!

I'm excited for tonight too. I think we should get better and better each week and WI is not the kind of team who will completely physically overwhelm us.

I feel we are going to play well tonight, but then again, I thought the Vikings were going to play well last Sunday.

The stars should be able to line up at least once for the Gophers. I think the top 7 players have had at least one game where they scored 15+ points. How about 3 or 4 guys make that happen. Why not tonight? And then somehow Becky throws up bricks all night.

Oh well, at least I can hope!
It feels like, for as much of a disaster as the offense has been for most of the year, there’s too much individual talent on the team to not have a couple games where it all comes together.

Let’s hope one is tonight!

Why not us?
Any given night. That's why we love college basketball.

Does Ben mix it up and start Payne or Carrington? Let's go!

I was supposed to be at the game but something came up last second so unable to go. That means they will probably win. I go and they lose by 30.

Not what I was hoping for, but maybe it will work this time

Have to ask:
What is the Gophers record @ Kohl Center? I remember a couple wins. But it’s few and far between.

Top Bottom